my car will not run, i have no lights on my clocks (video inside)

_scotty_

Reaction score
hi,

i didn’t want my first post to be asking for help but am in need of some. I have looked on the site but i cant fined anyone with the same fault as me.

i was just about to go to the scrappy to pick up a rear window wipe motor when i thought i would check the fuse to see if it was ok, so when i got there i could try the new motor before i bough it. While checking the fuse i also check the abs fuse as it comes on now and again but pulled one or two other fuse's out by mistake while looking for the abs one. i then put the covers back on and went to start the car to see if the abs light was off but the car started then cut out. I tried again but this time i noticed the dash cluster wasn’t lighting up. My windows wont work either?

i have check all the fuse's there all ok. i have tried my other key same thing happens, i have run torque app on my phone to check for fault code but its clear. I have also disconnected the + battery wire but the fault is still there.

i have seen something about putting the to battery wires together for 15sec to discharge the ecu or something like that but that didn’t work.

anyway here is the link to the vid so you can see what’s going on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3Lj_fEX9fc&context=C3e92011ADOEgsToPDskJ4DRMvqR7mP_i_6_NzSY9C

any help is appreciated cheers scott

I would re-check the fuses first. Have you put them in the right sockets? Sometimes the fuses are blank and you may have put it in wrong socket.

I'm pretty sure when you disconnect the dash the stereo will say "SAFE". The dash clocks come out quite easily, what I would do is to unplug and reseat the dash cluster. Lower the steering wheel, pull out the trim that clips in beneather the cluster, then undo the two torx screws. Then get a sucker to pull the clocks out and reseat each plug.

Putting the battery wires together - if you mean pos and neg - will just likely fry something!!??

Yeah I also reckon you've put fuse in wrong location & the reason why it starts & cuts out is because your clocks are the immo & since the barrel isnt getting any immo comms, it will cut out immediately.

Check your fuses again & locations, its to coincidental.

you where both right i had put one of the fuses in the wrong place. i feel like a right tool spend all yesterday trying to sort it out.

so here's where i went wrong:
if you look at the top right you can see a cluster of fuse's yellow,orange,orange,green,space,space then orange,blue

when this is what it should have been:

cheers scott

Live & learn & everyday is a school day.

Today I learnt on a morning job, the levelling systems on xenon headlights also do there dance without headlights being turned on, very useful info for me when installing these systems :)