1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My car seems to think the drivers door is still open?

drfeelgood Jul 8, 2010

1. drfeelgood

drfeelgood Member

Such a silly problem, sometimes when i close the driver side door, the car thinks the door is still open, i open and close it, still shows it as being open, restart the car, still there, leave the car for a bit, come back, and its fine.

2. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Common problem... the door switch is integrated into the door lock and plays up on older cars...

<tuffty/>

3. drfeelgood

drfeelgood Member

looks like this is going on the audi to do list on monday lol, thanks tufftybloke

4. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :) Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group quattro Audi A4 saloon S-line owners group Manual

Its a microswitch issue, dont get them to change it as it will cost you and arm and a leg, if you do a search on here, you will find a quick 5 minute fix for this.

5. gareth_oau

gareth_oau Member

can a squirt of CRC or RP7 on the switch fix the problem?

6. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :) Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group quattro Audi A4 saloon S-line owners group Manual

It can do, worth a try, or even some WD40...doesnt always last very long, but you can try it.