1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my cab got nicked last night

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by maxvw, May 26, 2009.

1. pjmspeedy

pjmspeedy Dude, what's mine say ?

[Jun 3, 2009]
    Yeah you maybe right actually. Anyway... I hope you do get it sorted.
  2. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Jun 3, 2009]
    Wow another recoverd.

It will be a while before you get the car back and after the police have done there bit you might find the car might not be the say after they take it apart look for evidence.
  3. Niknak

Niknak Member

[Jun 3, 2009]
    I hope you don't smoke! Glad they found it mate.
  4. maxvw

maxvw Member

[Jun 3, 2009]
    found a way to give up now,great incentive sitting in a gallon of 4 star
  5. J7USS

J7USS Shuddup Foooool!!

[Jun 3, 2009]
    Do you seriously want it back though, Could drive like a Nail now!
    Also its probably ben thrashed to hell. Not trying to disheart you or anything but "drive it like you stole it" and all that...

Mind you, its the same when you buy cars these days aint it, the previous could have "drove it like he stolen it".

Keep us posted.

Like Doc says though, it could be a while, The knob head up the street didnt get his Rangerover Vogue back for 11 weeks when it was used for a smash n Grab!!
  6. maxvw

maxvw Member

[Jun 3, 2009]
    all things taken into consideration then yes i want it back,hopefully with no or little damage,if i can avoid making a claim even better.i know the car inside out so will have a good idea if its been thrashed,a good thrashing may actualy have done the engine a bit of good as i have never revved it past 3000!! if the only thing with it is that its been driven enthusiasticaly then i can accept that and move on with it,different story if its been knocked about though.have to wait and see now.thanks
  7. J7USS

J7USS Shuddup Foooool!!

[Jun 3, 2009]
    Yeah I know where you coming from actually thinking about it, if my red on was Pinched when I had it, I would have had it back even if it had of been burnt out, lol - Just too attatched to it at the time.Sad eh!!!

But yes if you happy with it then why not. You never know, It could have been a gang of considerates for Audi's that couldnt bring themselves to actually striking that match:respekt:!!
  8. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Jun 3, 2009]
    Wow!

Glad it's been found :thumbsup:
  9. maxvw

maxvw Member

[Jun 3, 2009]
    think the worst part isnt actualy having it nicked but more not knowing where it is,i had actualy been considering putting a tracker on it for a few weeks and had been considering the ones on the market looking at cost effective ones without the high maintenance charges,just bought one now ready to install as soon as i get the car back,£85 and the only running expenses are the the occasional txt.
    had it in the car i have borrowed and it works a treat,would reccomend it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=190311359421
  10. maxvw

maxvw Member

[Jun 21, 2009]
    well i decided against going through the insurance,bought a replacement set of seats as the old ones smelt very strong of petrol,bought another satnav to replace the one nicked and generaly just a big clean up,no body damage apart from a couple of light scratches so over all things werent as bad as what they could have been,i am in the market for the switches and box as in the picture below,the petrol seems to be bringing the paint of and they look a real mess so if any one has a spare let me know please.

[​IMG]