my cab got nicked last night

maxvw

Reaction score
gutted,got up this morning and some scrote had broken into my house and took the key,if on you travels you spot it please let me know,the reg is LL05DVW,silver2.5tdi flawless,nicked from north manchester area.

Not another one, sorry to hear that

still in shock at the moment,beggining to think now that as well as the the thieving ******** that took the car i have the insurance company to deal with and somehow get the feeling i am likely to lose a lot of money,a double whammy.

Really sorry to hear that.

Wow this seems to be a trend.

I would advise alll to keep their keys with you in the bedroom.

I understand with what your saying but I wouldn't recommend keeping them in your bedroom..... otherwise you might be woken with a gun or a knife pointing at you! If they want it they will get it!

Wow this seems to be a trend.

I would advise alll to keep their keys with you in the bedroom.

I agree with that.
The thing is that most thieves want to be in and out without waking the occupants as they may be identified, they house holder can raise the alarm which gives them less time to get away.
Also when you accost the resident with a weapon, you move from being a mere burglar to an armed robber. These are two seperate offences and the senteces are very very different. :angrymod:

Also when you accost the resident with a weapon, you move from being a mere burglar to an armed robber. These are two seperate offences and the senteces are very very different. :angrymod:

Burglary and Aggravated Burglary ;)

Bastwards!! I cant get over how common this is becoming lately.
Sorry to hear that mate, Lets hope your insurance pay up hey...
I wouldnt want it back after the Fcukas have thrashed the hell out of it.:asskicking:

i remember docurley's.... it would have been better never to have seen it again....

edit: seems like plod is too busy setting up cameras to nick people for doing 85mph on empty dual carriageways to waste time locking up parasites...

still in shock at the moment,beggining to think now that as well as the the thieving ******** that took the car i have the insurance company to deal with and somehow get the feeling i am likely to lose a lot of money,a double whammy.

the insurance should pay out because the little fcukers had to break into your house to get the keys, you didn't leave them in the ignition or in sight of the letter box so you should be ok

All too common nowadays...just in the last 2 months a vx signum elite, golf r32, scooby, and a tvr have all gone missing from neighbours. The TVR went at 2pm with the guy who lives opposite giving the police a running commentary on what the little scrotes were doing but even though the police station is less than a mile from us they didn't send a patrol and 2 community officers turned up 3 days later....what a joke!

But is it worth having these thugs ransacking your house to find the keys??? Nope, just leave them where they can be seen, if they want your car they will get it and even if you apprehend them the chances are you will get prosecuted and they will get away scott free.....

Gutted for you though max.....and the joys of dealing with insurance companies to come....you know the chances are you car insurers will push the claim towards your house insurers....

Sorry to hear that bud....Thats why we now have a savage dog, which is very sharp...better than any alarm....hope your insurance sorts things quickly for you...

******** they should be strung up by there ********
good luck with it all.

thanks everyone,doesnt make it less easy knowing its a common occurence though,i think i have kind of accepted in myself that its been nicked,my biggest concern and worry now is dealing with the insurance aspects,i had been looking for the right cabriolet for over 2 years,i have travelled hundreds of miles searching for "the one" as it is my dream car and its taken a lot of earning.the one i got was a fully loaded example factory fitted with rnse,mfsw,cruise,heated seats,auto dim mirrors,pdc front and rear,full and comprehensive audi history and totaly original and unmarked,60,000miles,the dealer had it advertised for £15.5k but as i am a mechanic i talked them into selling it to me as trade without any kind of warranty or extras etc so got it for £13k hard cash,to raise that money i had to sell my golf gti for £5.5k when realy it was worth £8k but i needed a quick sale,so what is the audis value?is it the ammount purchased at or what a replacement would cost or.............is there some other method of valuation.

They work market value ,
whatever they think you can get a replacement for
with emphasis on the what they think.

They work market value ,
whatever they think you can get a replacement for
with emphasis on the what they think.

replacement as in like for like or are all the factory options not even in the equation?

They would have to be working on an equal spec car
you will probably have todo some work thou
as they never roll out a good price straight away
very rarely anyway.

They will try and fob you off with a very modest price, but keep pressuring them and giving them examples on AutoTrader and you will eventually get a price which you will be happy with.

With the money you get, will you be looking at replacing it with another A4 or something different?

has to be another a4 if all goes well,suppose its dependant on what i receive from the insurance though.

can anyone give me ideas on valuation bearing in mind the spec.
DSCF4339.jpg

DSCF4341.jpg

DSCF4344.jpg
DSCF4345.jpg

I am sorry to hear about this mate, and can only compare it to how I would feel :mad: doesn't come close. Totally agree with Golf too, keep pushing them for more as their first offer will without be a pi$$take, and you WILL get more.

It's a lovely looking cab, mine has that colour interior, not seen many others like it. It's surprising how different it is inside to a normal A4. Whats the thing above the ESP/hazard switches etc? And on the RHS there are two knobs, one is the headlight adjustment, whats the other?

that will be my radar detector,kept my license nice and clean ;-)
the other knob is the coming home light timer.
i was particular in choosing this colour because of the interior although i am sure the colour appearance changes,sometimes its grey and at other times it looks beige.the originals was the exact same colour but was the leather and alcantara with the electric lumbar so i bought a set of leathers of ebay and swapped over the covers,then i found a set of black ones fully electric on ebay so got them and rebuilt them with my covers to end up with what i wanted.a lot of work.

Yeah insurance will try there luck, but its common practise like for like mate so they have to be able to cough up for a car with the same spec, dont accept silly offers & get examples in prep for them so you can say 10k, dont think so, this is identical to mine & would cost 13k, etc etc, dont accept any less than what it costs you to replace mate.

I assume not S-Line (I can see that), but is it a Standard or Sport?

based on 05 plate, 2.5TDi Multitronic Cabriolet, avg mileage (40k) and regular spec for each range (so no RNS-E, mfsw, home-lights, etc), according to Parkers, the Standard would be:
Franchised Dealer £13,940
Independent Dealer £13,545
Private Good £12,225
Private Poor £9,780

and the Sport would be:
Franchised Dealer £14,465
Independent Dealer £14,055
Private Good £12,685
Private Poor £10,145

knock VERY approximately 25% off those for being 50% over avg mileage, but then add a decent whack for the RNS-E as that's not normally a cheap extra and the other expensive extras.... so probably back around the prices listed above.

Sorry to hear about it Max, your insurance company will come in with a low payout, and your best bet is to flash some similarly specced A4 Cabs from the Trader and Pistonhead(make sure they are trade ads) and tell them that's how much it will cost YOU to replace it.

make sure you emphasise the spec to the iunsurance company - they may take book value, but your in your log book should be all the factory codes which prove the factory spec. The insurance must take these into account when dealing for like for like replacement value

you've got me all paranoid now talking about this... we lock all the internal doors at night anyway, but I'm busy checking the alarm system to make sure the PIR's are all working 100%!

I'm going on the basis that my car gets kept on the gravel and there's a Murcielago on the street 50 metres in one direction and an RS4 cabriolet on a concrete drive 100metres in the other direction, if they're VAG afficionados and if not, there's often a ContyGT around the corner too, but I reckon that's not the owner's address as the car's worth more than the maisonettes that it's usually parked outside of and it's not normally there overnight.... so I reckon that's just where his missus lives! Sorry, I digress.... but I thought that last bit was funny :D

it really is strange how the cab is such a blend of B6 and B7... both the interior and exterior... I know they're the same chassis and parts are often interchangable, but the cab really has it's own little niche.... B6 face, but a B7-look grill, then back to B6 for the tail and the same inside.... B6 steering wheel, but B7 vents....

it really is strange how the cab is such a blend of B6 and B7... both the interior and exterior... I know they're the same chassis and parts are often interchangable, but the cab really has it's own little niche.... B6 face, but a B7-look grill, then back to B6 for the tail and the same inside.... B6 steering wheel, but B7 vents....

Eh ? The B7 vents look nothing like that neither does the grill....

Sorry - I know they're not actually B7 bits - I was jsut commenting on how some bits (e.g. the centre grill and the air vents) on the B6 cab are somewhere between the B6 and the B7....

sorry to hear about ya car mate. but in passed experience i would get all my cars fitted with a tracker as having someone kick the front door in for a s3 i had but only made off with the house keys which wher left in the inside off the housedoor with the audi keyring on them. probably a big disapointmet to them and my a4 which i still have stolen at gun point at a shell garage after filling it up thanks to the tracker i got it back. who says liverpool aint bad.

..there's a Murcielago on the street 50 metres in one direction and an RS4 cabriolet on a concrete drive 100metres in the other direction, if they're VAG afficionados and if not, there's often a ContyGT around the corner too,..

Bentley is VAG too! Spoilt for choice if they are VAG burglars!

well the police have called,cars been located in stockport,been used for a armed robbery then doused in petrol but not ignited,cant see what/if any damage untill socco has finished with it but i am hopefull that its salvageable.

That's lucky but I'll be surprised if you would ever get rid of the smell!

better than any air freshener,love the smell of petrol !!! i would have thought it would just evaporate over time?