My build thread....

WTF jamie it wasnt a straight shoot at andy car when he's down or he's wrong or used the wrong guys if you read my appology i think its the best s3 out there , buts its what i was thinking generally about highly tuned small engines that's why i typed it that's what ive always thought .....

next time i wont bother i dont see the problem with saying what i did , some people put me right saying why engine's can be tuned and why i was wrong and i held my hand's up not because i thought i was wrong because i dont want to upset the apple cart now do i hurting feeling's and that .....

it's how i learn what if the question was never said how am i gona learn because you s3 guys in terms of tuning or experience are way ahead of us lower down the chain if we dont say these things or ask these things how do we learn ....or i should i say i learn ...

i dont see why you guy's have to get so fecking upity you have nice tuned or some highly tuned s3's that **** on my sportback if i was in your shoe's i wouldnt give a shyte laugh at the comment from the sportback and just put the guy straight in a nice way and teach the guy something if he continued to be a tit then maybe get a bit peed off i wouldnt get all upity about it and turn it into a lynching from one remark ....

Last edited:
Thanks Jamie, well said.

10blazin, you will learn a lot from studying threads like this as to what is possible and what is not by people like Andy being the pioneer.

Hopefully it will help you to make an informed choice as to how much to tune yours and when you do, you can help other memebers with the info you have also learned

yeah that's right mate i do but if i got an opinion surely that can be said if im wrong people can put me straight with out a lynching i just dont see the point ....

450bhp.....Clearly just being greedy...would be happy with the 350bhp lol Very interesting project. To be fair the best projects allways hits snags at somepoint.

oh feck lol... your in for an :asskicking: like me .....im outa here :undwech:

Last edited:
***Update***

Had an email from JE Pistons, they are putting something together for me!

Also spoke to a couple of the Volkswagen racing cup teams who run 2.0 Tfsi engines and I may have a link here too
icon_e_wink.gif

So should all be back on road by end August!!

Hi Andy

Great news to hear the car will be back on the road end of August!!! Bet you cant wait to get her back! And missed her for the last few weeks!
Keep us updated

are you getting some stronger internals made or something andy ???

The sad thing is, forums like this need decent members...people like Andy who post accurate information, plenty of pictures, honest experiences to educate others...and help others decide on doing something similar.
They are the mainstay of places like this.

Then there are the people who just read, and post little...taking in knowledge, enjoying reading and learning...

Then there are the 'idiots' who like to post worthless crap to rub people up the wrong way, spoil threads, then get upset when asked to 'wise up' by people who are trying to make things a better place for all.

Where do you sit?
From where I'm looking Andy is at one end...and you the opposite.

Nice...the thing is, some of the well respected members on here never bothered answering posts, PMs or any other indirect question someone asks if they have nothing to show off. Don't start separating the noble members from the others. Everyone is here saying what they say because THEY WANT TO. Sitting up there and shitting on forum members is just great on your part.

Forums exist so people can exchange answers to questions and other information, even if they are stupid.

Sorry Andy, even I really dislike the rude way in which you have ignored my posts/questions/PM in more than in one occasion, it's sad to hear what happened to your car.

good news atleast on the car andy. hopefully see it back on the road shortly. good luck to you mate.

Gconn, I have just been though my PM list and you have never PM'd me, if I have missed your posted question then sorry I do try to answer each and every question I get, if you have any now ask away!

JE pistons and new rods will be much stronger internals!! I hope!

Andy, out of pure curiosity it may be worth speaking to Andy / Miles at Storm Developments. They were able to source some test bench R36 lumps for their supercharging development ahead of the launch of the R36 cars in the UK.

Based on that, and it is purely a speculative punt, could they source 2.5T lumps from a TT-RS? Don't know whether it would bond with your other mods, or be a project too far given your situation, but given how much the rebuild is likely to cost might be worth a speculative investigation (wholly dependent on what your long term plans for Stealth Beast are).

Nice...the thing is, some of the well respected members on here never bothered answering posts, PMs or any other indirect question someone asks if they have nothing to show off. Don't start separating the noble members from the others. Everyone is here saying what they say because THEY WANT TO. Sitting up there and shitting on forum members is just great on your part.

Forums exist so people can exchange answers to questions and other information, even if they are stupid.

Sorry Andy, even I really dislike the rude way in which you have ignored my posts/questions/PM in more than in one occasion, it's sad to hear what happened to your car.

i know what you mean GCONN its just nice to be nice ..... i have new members that come on here and ask me the same questions time after time again and i think ****** hell , but i answer them i dont think im above them or cant be *****....

that would be cool warren a ttrs lump in a a3 id love one it would be just awesome

Andy, out of pure curiosity it may be worth speaking to Andy / Miles at Storm Developments. They were able to source some test bench R36 lumps for their supercharging development ahead of the launch of the R36 cars in the UK.

Based on that, and it is purely a speculative punt, could they source 2.5T lumps from a TT-RS? Don't know whether it would bond with your other mods, or be a project too far given your situation, but given how much the rebuild is likely to cost might be worth a speculative investigation (wholly dependent on what your long term plans for Stealth Beast are).

I am sticking with the 2.0 tfsi as we know its a great block just need to strengthen internals due to this little problem.

As for the 2.5 lump, I may in the not to distant future jack the GF's Merc in for a TT-RS which will be tweaked of course! ;)

that would be cool warren a ttrs lump in a a3 id love one it would be just awesome

Then of course,it would be called an RS3...and back to that thread!

Have to wait and see if Audi get round to it,or someone else does it first....

What happened with this project??? i'm curious!

ANdy's car unfortunately lunched a piston last year,running stock internals and compression ratio.

He does till visit here,but hasn't posted any updates on his car in some months.

Jonnyc's car also holed a piston,and I think the rule is that if you go over 400bhp,whilst the block is tough enough,you DO need to use stronger rods and lower compression pistons.

No but there's a link on the advert to his website. Which has a full explanation of the accident he had in it. Thought it was strange they linked that!

No but there's a link on the advert to his website. Which has a full explanation of the accident he had in it. Thought it was strange they linked that!
The accident was clipping a kerb not an engine rebuild

There's Vids of this car doing just about everything!

The problem was running way too much boost on stock internals,for way too long trying to race that R8 V10,and in the process,a piston gave way very soon after.

Mine has run similar power,but with conservative boost and timing and has been totally reliable.

The lesson is that if you're going to attempt long runs at full boost,you really do need to either run sensible settings,or have the internals done.

The problem was running way too much boost on stock internals,for way too long trying to race that R8 V10,and in the process,a piston gave way very soon after.

Mine has run similar power,but with conservative boost and timing and has been totally reliable.

The lesson is that if you're going to attempt long runs at full boost,you really do need to either run sensible settings,or have the internals done.

Pretty sure that's what did my old turbo in

Its weird when I had my LCR I saw Tim up at the phirm working on this car. It looked awesome then.. What's going on now I see there hasn't been an update in a while have you still got it?

Its weird when I had my LCR I saw Tim up at the phirm working on this car. It looked awesome then.. What's going on now I see there hasn't been an update in a while have you still got it?
Dan...the thread is over 3 yrs old now,since the last post.

I think Andy has moved on.

Reactions: warren_S5