My build thread....

Hey guys,
Finally back ASN had lost me somewhere so have been unable to log in for ages...
Managed to get sorted today so i'm BACK!

Andy been reading your thread and well done... You've created an amazing car well done...

Just wanted to let you guys know i should make it for the Pod. Not far from me

What time rest of you guys arriving for???

Would love to see both Andy's and JC's cars and see how they get on. :drool:

Good to catch up with you too Leon :friends:

Ah pants... I'm starting from fresh!! :( Lost all my posts

Such a shame I cant make it! Is anyone from this side of the forum (8P Chassis) going on the 21st March to the Pod?

Welcome back mate! The old firm :cool:

Comin to Pod on Sunday? Would love to see them RS wheels :hubbahubba:Grrrrr

I am, but they won't be on the car :sob:
Need to pop my original wheels back on for when I drive to the alps (snow socks won't fir the 19"s lol

Be good to catch up again

Im not sure when weer gonna land M8, around 10ish??

Setting off at 7am again , girlfriend thinks im a loon :arco:

I have re done this so you can read start to finish!

Big Andy’s Stealth S3 build

When I first drove this car I knew instantly it was the car for me and what route I would go with mod’s!

First thing I did was to get a Superchips remap around 310BHP, not bad but once I moved on it became too weak to cope.
I had the privacy glass next just to keep working on the all black stealth look.

I then went to Qs Tuning to have my mtm 19” wheels fitted which I had powder coated Black, I also had the full cat back Milltek fitted I also had the back box and Tips powder coated black again keeping in with the stealth look, I also went with the H&R 25mm lower springs just to give it a more aggressive stance!

Next stage was the big brake’s I looked around but settled on the RS4 oem set up supplied and fitted by TTS Roadsport these are fantastic work well look great and stop the car on the track like a performance car should, I also had 4 wheel alignment done and a Forge DV fitted the alignment changed the way the car felt and held the road I did not realise how bad my previous set up was!!

Next REVO stage 2 I was having problems with the Superchips map so decided on revo, and what a great decision that was! It changed my car again it felt more like a performance car, gave me 330BHP and set the big turbo bug going in my mind!

Jonny then was banging on about his evoms intake and once I saw it at ADI I knew I had to have it, so a trip to Regal was planned trouble was whilst there I started looking at the autotech fuel pump and bang it was fitted! Which meant a trip to revo for them to develop the Stage 2+ software they did not disappoint! With the fuel pump & Intake the stage 2+ took me to 360bhp, that 30bhp and the better fuel delivery, boost etc has once again transformed this car into a stealth supercar!!

Next stage is Bilstein PSS 10’s and H&R ARB’s this has again changed the handling it is just awesome! I am running Fronts at lowest point and stiffness 7 and rears about 10mm of lowest point and again 7 stiffness with the spacers this car is sooooooo planted I try my best to get it to twitch but it just won’t!! lol

I went out a purchased a Forge Twintercooler, RS4 injectors & The mighty Garrett GT3071R Big Tub kit, and looked around at who would be best to fit this “bolt” on system for me, I decided on The Phirm, I have seen a few of their VW builds and always seem to do a great job.

I had a chat and went to meet Tim so I could get the feeling of how they could see this build going, Tim to be honest had me won over in the first 5 minutes with his passion for cars alone, but also his excellent knowledge of VAG engines and the TFSI.

I will now do my best to explain everything, but Tim did so many extra bits it will be hard to do him justice, The twintercooler was fitted first and a couple of the pipes supplied needed trimming to make sure they let the flow through, Tim also shaved the bottom grill slightly just to get a better look, over the next 2 weeks Tim & Paul slowly took apart & fitted the 3071, exhaust pipes had to be custom made to fit around the haldex, new heat shields had to be made gear linkages where moved rerouted and re made so they would fit the Milltek rear exhaust had to be modified, now I can get the gist of the build into a sentence but this took over 100 hours to do, and needs more work, its wise not to be slap dash with this sort of power especially as I am running standard rod’s and Pistons!

So then it was back up to revo for the final tweaks and programming, Nick & Carl were really looking forward to getting the beast and after driving it for a bit Nick likes the car! ;)

It went on the rollers and made.......427bhp all day, with 500nm of torque at some stages!

Lower than we thought she might make but that’s not the whole story, I will let Jonny drive it this Sunday for a independent view but this is what the RS3 should be!

It pulls power right up to 7500 rpm and even in 5 & 6 will still push for more! It is crazy quick from 100 to 140, 160 comes in a blur I don’t know how far it would have gone as I ran out of airfield! ;)

It delivers the power so smoothly yet so aggressively I have no idea how else to explain that you just have to take a ride in it to feel it, I overtook 7 vehicles in less than 4 seconds today trust me that’s power.
So whats next?

Water Meth injection, new pistons and rods, Oil catch box and a catch valve on the pcv, new custom exhaust by Tim @ The Phirm is on the cards too, as is moving in with the GF, so funds are governed (for a bit) by the move, but come ADI it should all be done!!

http://s317.photobucket.com/albums/mm362/S3bigandy/Big Turbo/

Password (Guest) s3bigandy2008

Grats mate! Im was kinda expecting 550bhp though as per your sig?

Jonny was making 417 less the BT?

I suppose im asking, is it worth it??

Of course! and i didnt realise jonny had the BT fitted.

So are you really holding out for 550bhp?? If you acheive that, its gotta be some kind of crowning moment!! haha! Good luck to ya ;)

Can we see the dyno plot! I have to see how this power is delivered.

I am thinking along the same lines as you leon, is it worth it? It seems a lot of work and a lot of money for 60bhp ish more than a stage 2+. I would like to see the graph to see what the drive ability is like, when does the turbo really start kicking in?

Oh, just read that the pistons are still to be done! I stand corrected!

I can't believe you thought he got over 400bhp on a std turbo. It would be nice if we could wouldn't it, but then I'd be a bit annoyed if a remap only got it to 330 when another 80/90bhp was possible!

I thought the other 80 or so came from custom maps, fuel pumps and exhaust etc etc..

OMG i can see it now...
noob.jpg

Get that bottom end done before modball Andy! I don't want to be stuck up a mountain with a hole in the bonnet!

Looks good mate.. Lots of fabrication has to be done to get that BT on the S3 I have to say! That External wastegate looks so f*cking mean sat under the bonnet!!

Get a screamer pipe made up.. Then that would be nasty!!!

Can't wait to see it Sunday!

Jonny

Well Done Andy, car most be a beast! Looking forward to hearing more about the car. Should be proud, overtaking 7 cars in 4seconds bet they were like 'what the hell was that?!'. Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Today is the big day! I'm gutted I've gota work, good luck today guys-lots of pics and videos please! lol

**** Me Andy - That is one serious bit of kit. Bet it must ****'in fly! My tinternet connections slow at the min but once i get to my flat, I'll have a gander through the pics! Cant wait :D :D

So whats next?

Water Meth injection, new pistons and rods, Oil catch box and a catch valve on the pcv, new custom exhaust by Tim @ The Phirm is on the cards too, as is moving in with the GF, so funds are governed (for a bit) by the move, but come ADI it should all be done!!

What are expecting the car to dyno at with the addition of the new mods?? There's no stopping you is there lol!

Seriously mate, the car is awesome! You should be well proud of the S3! Stealth beast for sure :D

O..and congrats on the run :p thats a awesome time!!

ANDY MY MAN the car is looking like a BEAST love the Stealth look!

Goes like stink too!!

Keep it up!!

Very Quick!
Well done both of you.:icon_thumright:
Both lovely cars.

2 very quick cars, cool.

Goes to show how potent the Gti is once off and running, especially with DSG.
Must admit, I reckon my old 250bhp Gti was a match for a std S3 once you got the thing rolling.
Gave a few EVOs and STIs something to think about.

Just hope VW decide to make this 350bhp version of the MK6Gti that has been touted in the motoring press.
Even better if they stick a Scirocco body on it!
Will need to be good to get me out of an S3 though.:s3addict:

cheers
Paul

Great stuff Andy. Must be an awesome car to drive.

Is the end in sight yet or have you any other "little mods" planed?

what bhp is the white gti which andy is raceing at the pod?

Unless he's done anything else to it since I last spoke to him about 360 - but its weight has been stripped out so bhp/ton is the key factor.

Congrats and good luck for what else is coming, the car looks and sounds sweet mate!!!

Great stuff Andy. Must be an awesome car to drive.

Is the end in sight yet or have you any other "little mods" planed?

Congrats and good luck for what else is coming, the car looks and sounds sweet mate!!!

Exhaust is being "tweaked" and maybe looking at a water meth kit, + new rods and pistons so I can open up the rev band!!!