My build thread....

S3 Big Andy

Stealth Beast Baby Yay
Reaction score
Website
www.andyoram.co.uk
Big Andy’s Stealth S3 build

When I first drove this car I knew instantly it was the car for me and what route I would go with mod’s!

First thing I did was to get a Superchips remap around 310BHP, not bad but once I moved on it became too weak to cope.

I had the privacy glass next just to keep working on the all black stealth look.

I then went to Qs Tuning (link) to have my mtm 19” wheels fitted which I had powder coated Black, I also had the full cat back Milltek fitted I also had the back box and Tips powder coated black again keeping in with the stealth look, I also went with the H&R 25mm lower springs just to give it a more aggressive stance!

Next stage was the big brake’s I looked around but settled on the RS4 oem set up supplied and fitted by TTS Roadsport (link) these are fantastic work well look great and stop the car on the track like a performance car should The guy’s at TTS Did a great job and I highly recommend this brake set up to all of you!

I also had 4 wheel alignment done and a Forge DV fitted again by TTS the alignment changed the way the car felt and held the road I did not realise how bad my previous set up was!!

Next REVO stage 2 (link) I was having problems with the Superchips map so decided on revo, and what a great decision that was! It changed my car again it felt more like a performance car, gave me 330BHP and set the big turbo bug going in my mind!

Jonnyc then was banging on about his evoms intake and once I saw it at ADI I knew I had to have it, so a trip to Regal (link) was planned trouble was whilst there I started looking at the autotech fuel pump and bang it was fitted! Which meant a trip to revo for them to develop the Stage 2+ software, they did not disappoint! With the fuel pump & Intake the stage 2+ took me to 360bhp, that 30bhp and the better fuel delivery, boost etc has once again transformed this car into a stealth supercar!!

Next stage is Bilstein PSS 10’s and H&R ARB’s all being fitted today by TTS, gonna be lower than a rattlesnakes ****!

And then January 10th 2009, its GT3071R time, being fitted by The Phirm (link), once this is done it will be off to revo for the magic to be worked again and hopefully get somewhere around 550bhp, it will truly then be a stealth beast, driven by a fat beast!!!

Good build thread andy. Could you do some thing for me? I've never actually seen your car properly only the photo you have up now. If you could post a photo from the side and front or just one please.
Looking forward to hearing about your car after the 10th on january. 'will truly then be a stealth beast, driven by a fat beast!!!' hahathatdidmakemelaugh Good luck andy

Ashley

EDIT: forgot to say should of just messaged you that so you can keep your thread tidy so after you seen this i will delete the post

Nice post Andy! Looking forward to seeing some videos at the end mate :o.k:

Its an amazing car you are building.Ceep up the good work with your Stealth :thumbsup:

Good post Andy, though i got to say, I think changing the turbo in any car is a step too far.

I completely understand remapping, fuel pumps, intakes. By upgrading any of those components you will get more power out of the existing turbo and engine set-up. But changing the turbo? Isn't it more effective just buying a faster car? It would be a step too far for me, that all. I am looking to be where you are at the moment, 360bhp + forge twintercooler. You wont see the turbo being changed in mine!

Good luck with the build!

Good post Andy, though i got to say, I think changing the turbo in any car is a step too far.

I completely understand remapping, fuel pumps, intakes. By upgrading any of those components you will get more power out of the existing turbo and engine set-up. But changing the turbo? Isn't it more effective just buying a faster car? It would be a step too far for me, that all. I am looking to be where you are at the moment, 360bhp + forge twintercooler. You wont see the turbo being changed in mine!

I understand your point I did think about buying a R8, but I want stealth and the best car for it is an A3! which is what people see at first the 550bhp is just because I can!

I understand your point I did think about buying a R8, but I want stealth and the best car for it is an A3! which is what people see at first the 550bhp is just because I can!

For stealth i can understand! You will be overtaking the R8's!

Firstly,thanks to Andy for not only a great thread,but help along the way in choosing what to go for with mine.

I'm very happy(at the moment!) with 310-320bhp and 360lbs and like you,I don't think I'll be changing the turbo,as I've been down that route with previous cars,and although it's something I may change my mind on,I don't think I want to do it to this car.

I probably will do the fuel pump and have it taken up to 340bhp,which seems to be the limit on the stock turbo,but right now I'm spent out with Xmas fast approaching,and the car still needs to be put back on the RR sometime soon.

I completely understand remapping, fuel pumps, intakes. By upgrading any of those components you will get more power out of the existing turbo and engine set-up. But changing the turbo? Isn't it more effective just buying a faster car?.....

Yep.. Where you can find 550hp car with that money, what this project cost ? You have to buy GTR Nissan to get same performance with AWD. The point is that these engines are very strong and overbuilt. Changing and replacing few things to stronger it will be as safe than stock S3 or remaped S3. When you build your engine with new turbo etc.. You are making a new piece of power plant => you are making a new car. Upgrading suspension and etc makes that car again better and faster than before.... Audi S3 engine/chassis example is great base for the build :)

MTM example making 400hp kit for Audi S3 and there is no changing for the engine internals. I would say that from the factory 400-500hp should be the stock power for these engines....

hi Andy

sounds like this is going to be a labo slayer let alone R8's! Also can you update your webpage link it seems not to be working.

toby

Andy one question...
Rumor has it that there have been a few incidents of vehicles going BT and using RS4 injectors, where they produce black smoke.
I do not personally know these vehicles but it is just what I heart of.

Your thoughts?

Andy one question...
Rumor has it that there have been a few incidents of vehicles going BT and using RS4 injectors, where they produce black smoke.
I do not personally know these vehicles but it is just what I heart of.

Your thoughts?

Will let you know, but as long as th re map is set up correctly the fuel should be delivered and turbo should shift gases without and black smoke.

How are your PSS10's set up? I am on setting 5 not as low as I would like though!

Andy

RS4 Injectors do smoke a little but it's nothing to worry about!

can be seen on a stock RS4 if you're worried ;)

Will let you know, but as long as th re map is set up correctly the fuel should be delivered and turbo should shift gases without and black smoke.

How are your PSS10's set up? I am on setting 5 not as low as I would like though!

Andy

Thanks Andy.
From what I have heard is not just a matter of correct remapping. It has also something to do with the spraying pattern of the RS4 injectors that do not match exactly those of the S3's...but again I cannot be sure. It is all I have heard! Your input will be valuable here mate

Regarding PSS10s...I cannot say I am super happy with this kit. It performs alright but that's just about it. I am on setting 4 front & 5 rear. I am also on soft settings on ARB's front and rear.
For the time being it drives very good with substantially increased grip. But again...road condition in Greece is a nightmare...even in Athens. Loads of bumpy roads, and bad tarmac. Nothing even close to those of UK.

Anyway...for these conditions and the way my car handles...I am happy...just not super happy!!!!!

4 is a soft setting...but not as soft as you think!
Besides i think that for the time being is a compromise between daily driving and...a bit of sport driving!

8 all around???? Seriously mate, this is a race setup. It will be very very stiff...not just a bit!!

Now the Bilsteins have settled this is my new ride hight, sorry about dirty tyres!
IMG_0053.jpg
IMG_0059.jpg
IMG_0055.jpg

was thinking exactly the same where have the mtm' gone??

JonnyC put them on his S3 before selling it.
Andy is all of that behind the car your house ?? Looks massive .....

JonnyC put them on his S3 before selling it.
Andy is all of that behind the car your house ?? Looks massive .....

Yeah that bleedy Jonny sold my wheels!!! lol

no mate its 2 house neither of which are mine, I live in a shoe box in middle of road!! spent all my money on cars & women!! lol

You know they look mega, stop moaning!! lol..

Looks good mate! : )

Hi Chaps,
Has anyone got any 1/4 mile times,or 0-100 mph times with the stage 2+ fitted?.I have a TTS S-Tronic,and am seriously tempted to go for the stage 2+ after christmas.Ive spoken to Kev at Revo,but would like some real world views about the performance of the re-map etc.Are all the S3s, manual, that have had this kit so far?,regards, SIMON.

Andy - Your car is awesome :D

I love it esp the stealth black look of it.
Now hurry up and get the BT on and post a vid pweeeez :friends:

Looks awesome :thumbsup:

Looking forward to this thread when you get the turbo put on...
How much will the car be running on with the big turbo?

Ashley

Hi Chaps,
Has anyone got any 1/4 mile times,or 0-100 mph times with the stage 2+ fitted?.I have a TTS S-Tronic,and am seriously tempted to go for the stage 2+ after christmas.Ive spoken to Kev at Revo,but would like some real world views about the performance of the re-map etc.Are all the S3s, manual, that have had this kit so far?,regards, SIMON.

A Stage 2+ TTS with S Tronic (DSG) should be seeing low 13's at least IMO.. 0-100 in around 11 secs.

Oh and loving the Turinis Andy, big fan.. Anymore news on the build?

as far as i know it's with the guys and gals down at The Phirm having its heart replaced this week :)