1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MY BUDGET A3

FUNKYCLIFF Oct 16, 2009

1. FUNKYCLIFF

FUNKYCLIFF Member

Hi fellow members, i have been following all the great advice and stuff on here with great interest, looking at some great a3s wishing i had that sort of money, so i have started in at the bottom rung hoping to work my way up. Here is how i started out [​IMG]

Purchased for £3750 off a kind gent on good old ebay. After 2 months of ownership and £450 later she has slightly improved to this

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have to say the A3 is the best car i owned so far, my next plans are to get rid of the 4x4 look status when the funds permit lol

2. Khufu

Khufu Well-Known Member

Looking nice. Ride height does look bit high but that will be because the smaller sidewall of your new wheels&tyres will emphises it more.

Modding cars is such a bottomless pit..

3. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

Thats a bargain at £3750, some 8Ls fetch more than that still

4. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

But so much pain & fun, lol

I think it looks well but yes some eibach pro springs from Damian@dpm will sort that height out cheaply mate.

I havnt seen those wheels on an 8P yet I think, not bad & did you do some detailing on the paintwork or just polish her up cause looks good mate.

5. FUNKYCLIFF

FUNKYCLIFF Member

Cheers guys i fell lucky as i only 4400 to spend after my A4 got rear ended. i only wished i could have afforded a 2.0tdi sport but the Fsi engine is very impressive to the gallon on long runs i have to say khufu i am loving the mods on your car :icon_thumright:

6. Lee_R

Lee_R Active Member

Those 19's? I like!

7. BOSSS3

BOSSS3 Member

Paint work looks immaculate!

Wheels also look sweet and once you've lowered it, it will look really sickk!:icon_thumright:

8. FUNKYCLIFF

FUNKYCLIFF Member

Yes they are, i bought them off a guy how had put his S3 back to standard before trading in. The ride is not as bad as most people say about 19s. I just got to keep an eye out for some springs to get rid of the tractor look lol

9. paddy

paddy Audi=No fault code, no idea

So you got 4 wheels and tyres and changed the front end all for £450 ? Excellent, looks good.

10. crypric23

crypric23 Never satisfied

Nice and shiny !

£ 450 well spent by the looks of it.

11. N8

N8 Kowalski Details VCDS Map User

Looks good for a Q7 :laugh: Bargain there buddy.

12. kkp0897

kkp0897 Active Member

Paintwork looks clean and good purchase price. Looks like you got yourself a good'un. Lovely rims too.

What else is on the list of mods then?

13. FUNKYCLIFF

FUNKYCLIFF Member

Cheers for the all the kind comments, i plan to get it lowered then find myself a girlfriend to fund the leather interior lol, I currently have an Alpine flip screen music dvd player in the car but i would like to one day go RNS-E, being a petrol model i cant really enhance the perfomance but i am happy with the drive as it is.

14. N8

Nice one lad. Coilovers and RNS, 2 of the best mods you can do

15. Lee_R

Lee_R Active Member

you got a front numberplate surround? I have a sppare if you want it?

16. mattandrew

mattandrew Member VCDS Map User

ive got a nice leather interior for sale as you know that would look well in your project mate, you know you want it, lol.

Got a mate who may have a set of eibachs springs going cheap aswell, ill give him a shout

17. N8

Is that to fund your springs and ARBs Matt :laugh:

18. FUNKYCLIFF

FUNKYCLIFF Member

you got a front numberplate surround? I have a sppare if you want it?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheers for the offer Lee i just got one the other day its in the boot waiting to go on today,but really appreciated :icon_thumright:

19. RS84

RS84 R15 - TDI Power

Nice work Cliff!

Is that the Votex front lip on the bumper?

Looks good!

20. PaulAr

PaulAr S3 (8P)

Nice.
    Looks a lot more money than it was.
    Grill makes a massive difference.

Workmate has a 20FSI, and I though it drove very well.
    It often gets bad press but its not deserved IMO.

Ride height is all that needs sorted and then enjoy and save the pennies for forced induction or V6.:icon_thumright:

Cheers
    Paul

21. sleeper.

sleeper. New Member

very nice..im looking to change the front bumper and bonnet, managed to get the bumper complete for £30. We were unsure about the colour grill surround but black looks great!!

22. FUNKYCLIFF

FUNKYCLIFF Member

What colour is your car?? i think the black optic grills look great, i got the idea after seeing a members with optic grill on lava grey which looked great

23. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

Car looks great! Very clean and spotless! Optic grill is the way forward for black cars....Makes it look so much more aggressive

24. FUNKYCLIFF

FUNKYCLIFF Member

Thanks benskin07 i would love to get some 09 rear lights i reckon i will be struggling to do anymore mods else until the New Year. I have a got a 7 year old daughter with a nice Christmas wishlist lol

25. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

Lol hey got to keep the little ones happy! 09 rear lights and lowering springs would finish the car off nicely! I'll be able to do another two mods and thats it. Got service coming up, new cambelt, new brake pads and audi need to sort out two faults. Car revs up to 1,000k in idle and the oil warning light keeps coming on and off! lol expensive month:crying:

26. FUNKYCLIFF

FUNKYCLIFF Member

Ouch i have got about 2.5k until mynext service so should see me through to end of January i will probably take mine to Stafford Audi for the service i use a local guy for replacing brakes suspension etc etc as he is very good and reasonably priced