1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My BMW e34 M5

Discussion in 'General Automotive Chat' started by t.d, Apr 1, 2012.

1. t.d

t.d New Member

Here is my other even less sensible blue car :w00t: It's a '93 avus blue M5. It's got the 3.8 engine with the 5 speed 'box. I have it just over a year and a half and I absolutely love it apart from the petrol and tax bill :( It makes it worthwhile though lol especially the sound off the eisenmann exhaust is epic :wub:The previous owner got most of the expensive jobs done over the 4 or so years he had it, including, engine and gearbox rebuilds. I have replaced the head unit with a BMW Becker Traffic Pro, replaced the worn gearknob with a new genuine illuminated one, I replaced the depo angel eye headlights with new genuine hella ones, I changed the m parallel replicas in the first few pics with oem throwing star wheels and I lowered the front using H&R springs, replaced the rear subframe bushes with powerflex ones and the centre tie rod as well as all the control arms in the front. I did a few other minor bits and pieces too but for the main part I have just enjoyed owning and driving it![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]And a few shots with my brothers s4[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]I replaced the M5 badge with a 520i one a while back too :p [​IMG][​IMG]And a rolling shot 8) [​IMG][/QUOTE]RR Graph[​IMG][/QUOTE]I bought a set of tyres and an alcantara steering wheel before I took it off the road for the winter but it came out of hibernation this week so I fitted them and got it NCT'd today. Have to swallow hard and pony up €475 for 3 months tax next week now though :slapped:[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  2. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

Sweet motor, and loving the 520i! :racer:
  3. CHEZ

CHEZ moderately amusing

does it have the factory fitted anti indication system that nearly all beamers seem to have and the ability to get stuck in 1mm deep of snow?
  4. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics

very tidy.
    I miss my E34.

haha 520I, nice.
  5. t.d

t.d New Member

Thanks, the badge catches out quite a few people :beerchug:

Of course :D especially the getting stuck in snow bit :ermm:

Cleaned it a bit today and fitted my steering wheel (which looks like it will be a nightmare to keep clean, feels lovely though)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. TDIQ

TDIQ 8L > 8P > 8V

Really nice, the E34 M5 has aged brilliantly.
  7. Oranoco

Oranoco Well-Known Member

Nice, rather partial to the M badged BMW's. Even considered an M5 as a possible replacement to my A4
  8. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :)

Very nice, always had a soft spot for these...I remember one years ago there used to be a really nice one in Brum, owned by a neighbour of mine, I loved it!!!
  9. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I'll echo everyone, very nice, a timeless car :icon_thumright:
  10. tubby-ben

tubby-ben Member

that beemer is a classic. best m5 imo. raw power.............
  11. S3 Rav

S3 Rav Well-Known Member

Very very nice.