1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My bloody roof is leaking!

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Big_Dave, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Big_Dave

Big_Dave Member

I'm sat waiting for my daughter to finish youth club, it's raining hard and I'm facing downhill. My leg is getting rather wet!!!!! Not good. Any ideas on best way to sort this? Gunna get it into workshop tomorrow and have a look whilst it dry! Not impressed!
  2. yendall24

yendall24 Member

as it got a sun roof . if so the drain tubes are most likely blocked . if not can you be a bit more specific as to where the drip is coming from
  3. Big_Dave

Big_Dave Member

Ha sorry I really should have said I've got a cabriolet! Going to get it inside my unit tomorrow and get roof down to check it over!
  4. J88NER

J88NER Member

keep us informed mine also leeks if I park facing downhill but only on the passenger side drips onto the front seat ?? cheers Dave
  5. Cabbyfan

Cabbyfan Member

Check the drain holes that run down the windscreen pillars...thin plastic like strimmer wire is good for unblocking just go slow. Cleaned mine when I got a few drips from the sun visor corner. Fine since.
  6. Turkster

Turkster Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

Vaseline, run some along the rubber seals and see it that helps re moisture the seals, Iv not used this one but iv seen it done to a few soft tops when iv been valeting on dealers cars,
  7. J88NER

J88NER Member

cheers worked a treat used an old throttle cable then flushed it through with a jug of water
    and watched the muck run down by the door hinges :)
  8. Cabbyfan

Cabbyfan Member

No prob, drips are annoying but this always fixes it for me.