My B8 build plans ..??..

Sat in demon tweeks .... Nervous watching ppl work on the S4

Reactions: umbrella
OMFG

Milltek have apparently not sent the schematics for connecting valvesonic ***
Everything is on,just ca y be connected yet

Feeling a tad miffed to say the least!!!

Well just got back from tweeks.

Valve sonic not yet active so had the vales adjusted to open all the time for now.

My goodness it sounds sweeet :) But would send me insane if it was like that all the time.

The revo induction works a treat @ releasing the sound of the charger too :rockwoot:

Also may be getting the Revo stage 1+ at a very good price for my troubles :s4addict:

Reactions: TahirS
Splitter is with me now,just waiting on the rear valance.
Booked in on the 8th for splitter & grille to be fitted.
Splitter will be gloss black to match grille :sign wow:

Reactions: skiptowncat
I'm waiting on rear valance and brakes, got front splitter waiting. Then it will be exhaust.

Reactions: xpoweruk
Couple of short vi9ds with the valves permanently open on the ValveSonic,Revo induction fitted for the SC whine :)

Reactions: TahirS
Noice, very noice.

Well H&R are saying 2 weeks for the ARBs :(

So getting Eibachs fitted instead :)
They are slightly different but I think the Eibachs may actually be better for reduced understeer

H&R are 30mm front 24mm rear

Eibach are 28mm front 23mm rear

Pardon my ignorance but does this have any effect on the ads system?

They are slightly different but I think the Eibachs may actually be better for reduced understeer

Pardon my ignorance but does this have any effect on the ads system?
It may do if you have the damper control ( I dont)

OEM/Stock Without ADS:
Non-adjustable Front (25.9mm) and non-adjustable Rear (22.0mm)

OEM/Stock With ADS:
Non-adjustable Front (25.9mm) and non-adjustable Rear (16.0mm)

I've got eibachs, there is a little bit more under steer on first turn in but a lot more controlled through the corner on throttle, due to sports diff promoting a bit of over steer. They kind of balance each other out.

I would recommend only rear for non-diff cars.

I've got eibachs, there is a little bit more under steer on first turn in but a lot more controlled through the corner on throttle, due to sports diff promoting a bit of over steer. They kind of balance each other out.

I would recommend only rear for non-diff cars.
Hahaa

Just started a thread asking just that lol.
Was thinking do rear only too :)

Well Mondays splitter bill went up a a tad.

Came out this morning to this

WP 20150603 005

So spliter wing & paint now.

Not a happy bunny :rage:

Well Mondays splitter bill went up a a tad.

Came out this morning to this

View attachment 60035

So spliter wing & paint now.

Not a happy bunny :rage:
OMFG. Sorry to hear that dude. Things like that make me want to kill people.

Do you leave your car on the road?

I have too sadly.

I was a little red in the face for a good few hours

I have too sadly.

I was a little red in the face for a good few hours
I remember picking up all sorts of dings, marks and scratches on my cars before I had a drive. People have no respect for other people's belongings. And to just drive away like that. :gun2:

Reactions: V6_Man and xpoweruk
@xpoweruk - the exhaust doesn't sound as noisy as I thought it would with the valves permanently open and sounds lovely on full throttle :smiley:

It's one of the things I am a bit disappointed in when looking to mod my S4 (although I don't get it until September), the range of exhausts. I know there's Milltek, AWE etc but they're all very expensive, appear to be fairly hard to get in the UK too. I like the sound of the AWE touring but it appears on Regal retail them here in the UK.

Most youtube vids I have seen just make the S4 sound raspy. The noise I would want to amplify is the nice 6 cylinder howl, I don't just want loud, I want cultured :grin:

In my Scooby days it was so much easier and cheaper, hundreds of back box options, or centre sections, or downpipes or all three and none over £300 to buy and fit :sly:

@TheFiftheElement with the windows down it is quite raspy TBH

I couldn't live with it every day as the slightest bit of throttle & it get very loud in the cabin.

@xpoweruk - the exhaust doesn't sound as noisy as I thought it would with the valves permanently open and sounds lovely on full throttle :smiley:

It's one of the things I am a bit disappointed in when looking to mod my S4 (although I don't get it until September), the range of exhausts. I know there's Milltek, AWE etc but they're all very expensive, appear to be fairly hard to get in the UK too. I like the sound of the AWE touring but it appears on Regal retail them here in the UK.

Most youtube vids I have seen just make the S4 sound raspy. The noise I would want to amplify is the nice 6 cylinder howl, I don't just want loud, I want cultured :grin:

In my Scooby days it was so much easier and cheaper, hundreds of back box options, or centre sections, or downpipes or all three and none over £300 to buy and fit :sly:
I can never understand why people would want to pay over the odds for an exhaust that everyone else has. Why do people not get their exhausts custom made? That way it won't sound like anything else out there and is cheaper.

Reactions: RS5 JON
@MFM - for me it's for a few reasons
  • I'm (maybe blindly) expecting an APR/AWE exhaust system to be thoroughly tested, in terms of flow, sound etc.
  • It will have some resale value, more than a custom set up I'd expect
  • It's easier just to click buy online and have a local trusted garage fit it
  • The lack of trusted and known custom exhaust builders

@MFM - for me it's for a few reasons
  • I'm (maybe blindly) expecting an APR/AWE exhaust system to be thoroughly tested, in terms of flow, sound etc.
  • It will have some resale value, more than a custom set up I'd expect
  • It's easier just to click buy online and have a local trusted garage fit it
  • The lack of trusted and known custom exhaust builders
I see where you're coming from, but exhausts aren't an exact science when it comes to flow. Especially on the S4 it seems, as changing to a bigger exhaust barely has an effect on the power in any case. As for sound, you just need to tell them what you want. And if you're not happy with it, let them change it until you are.

As for the resale value being less, in most cases you'll get back what you paid for it as it was cheaper to begin with, and with the lack of aftermarket exhausts for the S4 someone would probably bite your arm off.

To find a competent custom exhaust builder can be a bit tricky, but they are around. I was lucky enough to find a guy who is outstanding with very reasonable prices. He built a full 3.5" system for one of my previous cars where most of the parts weren't available off the shelf. It took a while and required quite a bit of work and it cost me £700 in the end. Very happy and I won't use anyone else.

Reactions: Joe3.0tdi and TheFiftheElement
Well the show must go on :)
Wheels are on 18x9 Wolfrace Pro-Lite 10.0kgs

Attachments

• WP_20150604_002.jpg
    WP_20150604_002.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 546
  • WP_20150604_003.jpg
    WP_20150604_003.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 536
  • WP_20150604_004.jpg
    WP_20150604_004.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 536
  • WP_20150604_005.jpg
    WP_20150604_005.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 554
  • WP_20150604_006.jpg
    WP_20150604_006.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 573
  • WP_20150604_007.jpg
    WP_20150604_007.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 587
Last edited:
Reactions: skiptowncat
Ohhh joy :)

Just had the FedX man @ the door & he brought me these little beauties
WP 20150604 010 WP 20150604 011 WP 20150604 009

Rear valance has arrived :)

Guess they can pop that on whilst in the bodyshop Monday

WP 20150605 002 WP 20150605 005

Calipers are now gloss black too :)
S4 logos are here ready to go on them when dry

Reactions: Chop.
& the calipers nearly finished :)

WP 20150605 006

Reactions: weekenny and skiptowncat
Batman slippers are great :)

Reactions: razza1
Well the S4 is still in the body shop,but when she returns the grille,wing(repaired after bus incident grrr ),front splitter(gloss black),mirror caps(gloss black ) & rear valance will all be sorted.

Decided to do the Supercharged badges black chrome today. Very pleased with the results too :)

WP 20150610 003

My baby is back with me
Looking rather fine I think :)WP 20150611 015 WP 20150611 001 WP 20150611 003 WP 20150611 004 WP 20150611 014

Reactions: V6_Man and ScooB
Is it me or does your right exhaust stick out loads?

yeah it needs adjusting,I'm back to get it finished next week when the Revo stage 1 plus & rear ARB gets done

Like the black mirrors, caps or paint?

Look forward to your feed back on the brakes been looking at those callipers for a while.

Reactions: V6 Quatt and xpoweruk
Like the black mirrors, caps or paint?

Look forward to your feed back on the brakes been looking at those callipers for a while.

Mirror caps painted with the same gloss as the front splitter for continuity :)

Added a wee Quattro badge to the rear today.
WP 20150612 001 WP 20150612 002

Did it cost a lot to have the grill fitted mate
It's very high on my to do list and been sat in my shed for about 3 months! Tempted to have a crack