my avant progress thread

I'm not so sure on the black badge on a dolphin grey car. Mine is dolphin grey too, so i've considered it a lot, but I just think you'd lose the detail/ effect as the paint is too dark for it. I'm happy to be proven wrong though. :moa:

That laminx does look good. Hopefully it's pretty good hard wearing stuff.

Surprising what a bit of black paint can do - that looks great!

I'm not so sure on the black badge on a dolphin grey car. Mine is dolphin grey too, so i've considered it a lot, but I just think you'd lose the detail/ effect as the paint is too dark for it. I'm happy to be proven wrong though. :moa:

QUOTE]

Tell you what, you try it first and upload a photo and I'll follow suit if it looks ok on a dolphin grey car :icon_thumright:

Deal, but my wife will kill me...i'm not scared of her, honest!

But, having said that, if I started the black look i'd have to go all out, and that just isn't happening. So i'm out. :undwech:

Hey Rawtor -
what's the stuff you used on the Rad?
sounds like great stuff!

It was cleaned and sprayed using a satin black dry film lube as i didnt know how paint would be on a rad.
this stuff is amazing, use it for coating offshore tools and have previously done complete engines with it, is stands up to most things.

Hi rawtor is it similar to molykote..
m

It is similar but Molycote dries to a grey finish, even when dry it still comes off if you touch it, Dry film lube dosnt and it goes to a nice satin black.

I got my new 591's on, I've not had roof mounted carriers before so i spent more and got some quality items, delighted with the quality of these.
Holds the bikes solid, and after speaking to a few folk they are more than capable of being fine at 80mph + with no wobble.

Pics
IMAG0403.jpg

IMAG0402.jpg

IMAG0405.jpg

IMAG0404.jpg

I have the 532's as I read some horrors stories about the clamps on the 591's (not wishing to worry you..) and they were a lot cheaper, but they're very good.

It looks sweet.

Is that a vinyl transfer on the rear valance?

I'm still debating whether to Lamin-X or Joey-Mod my headlights...

It looks sweet.

Is that a vinyl transfer on the rear valance?

I'm still debating whether to Lamin-X or Joey-Mod my headlights...

Thanks James:icon_thumright:,

I was in the same situation as you, i didnt want to go taking lights apart for fear of breaking somthing and having to pay through the nose for a replacement.

The rear vallence is sprayed.

Firstly, your Audi is stunning! Love the transformation!

Secondly, where did you get your roof bars from? I have recently bought and A4 avant and trying to decide between the roof bars or a tow bar fitted bike rack.

Thanks

Hi mate, where did you get your roof bars from as well? They look awesome.

Cool, thanks for that, i did see them and thought they look the same. Are they lockable?

Hi mate, quick questions for you. My aero bars turned up yesterday, the rubber strip running across the aluminium just falls out, is yours held in place ok? I've contacted the seller but he's as much use as a chocolate teapot.

Thanks.

Phil, mine was ok before i put the carriers on, no problems at all , it was also held in at either end.

Now the carriers are on i have cut the rubber strips so that they just sit under the carriers, tighten the carriers down on top of them.

Yeah mine was held in at the ends, but when you turn it upside down the middle would fall out, no way would it stay in at motorway speeds.

Thanks for the info, ill stop smapping your thread now. lol.

Hi, me again, went to fit my rack today but it doesn't to the roof bars, they're too wide. Would it be ppossible for you to measure how wide your aero bars are for me? Thanks.

Have you done anything to the suspension or is it still sport spec as it looks lower at the front than my sport does.

And I thought I'd done a 1off rear valance paint mod lol... Maybe not looking sweet as always

Nah i did have B5 perches lined up but i couldnt be bothered ripping the shocks out to fit them , its all still standard.
Strange
looks lower than standard iat the front in your latest pics. Going to put Bt5 perches on mine but its not a t5 min job.