1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Audi :@

A3 XME Apr 28, 2010

1. A3 XME

A3 XME Member

I bought my Audi on the 15th of April for £1000 which to be honest with its condition, mileage and age isnt all that bad. The thing that did get me was thatg after having it a day and doing 180 miles, the gearbox blew! I think this is due to the gearbox having too much oil in and the pressure has just ended up being too much. So, what I did is went to the local scrappers and bought one for £350, (the woman has give me £200 back) which was good of her. after doing 700 miles with this one in, the gearbox has yet again gone! I know this is a common problem for gearbox's but that is a f*&^%n joke dont you think? Anyway, I luckily told the guy thatI wanterd warrenty with the gearbox and I got 30 days. I called and they said to take it back out and they will replace or fix it. I think fixing is out of the window. What I am wondering id, if I now get this new gearbox, should I get another warrenty and also is there anything else I need to be aware of for common faults?

2. JD09

JD09 I'm not modding, I'm improving VCDS Map User

Worth posting in the A3 section lad, I'll get a mod to move it for you. More likely to get an answer from the knowledge banks in there :)

3. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid Supporter

this is the a3/s3 section?:think:

4. Dani_B19

Dani_B19 Audi-sports own special child.

You bin sniffing polish again? :lmfao:

5. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team V8 Audi S5 s tronic

6. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid Supporter

ahh lol apologies JD!

7. Welly

Welly VX220 SC Driver :)

LOL.

Gearboxes shouldn't be going with that kind of regularity mate.

You should get a warranty on the new box really. I would clarify this with whoever is doing the work.

8. JD09

JD09 I'm not modding, I'm improving VCDS Map User

Lol. Apologies accepted Dave ;)