My Audi A4 1.9tdi 130 Ongoing Project

jayc94

Reaction score
Hello, My name is jay and i recently turned 18 in October , I then decided to buy a Audi A4 1.9tdi 130 After owning 5 cars and a van since i passed my test when i was 17, I was searching the net for about a week before i found this A4 local. When i bought the car it had 119k miles, dent in the passenger side wing and a dent in the passenger side door just below the handle, The car came with this horrible blue stained interior but on the plus side it came with rs6 alloys :) I paid £2300 for the car. Enjoy this ongoing project.

Picture's of the day i bought it.

audia4x.jpg

One with my mates golf gtitdi anniversary

48014038371846157498473.jpg

Then the oil pump decided to go which i wasn't aware of until the bottom end started to knock! So i managed to pick up
a 1.9tdi 130 engine with all the auxiliaries with only 102k less than my previous engine for £250, fitted it on the Saturday i had off, All went to plan and i cleaned the engine bay up fitting my de-cat and blanked the EGR off while the engine was out.

Engine out!
11257425910904359620170.jpg

New engine in! :)

85912142635213539011154.jpg

All new fluids and it fired straight up. Since that was done i decided to rip all the blue interior out and bin it. Got a full black interior of the same bloke i got the engine off for £140 for everything.

Interior out!
68935430569272815990397.jpg

The interior is all in but i still need to get a picture.

Attachments

• Audi A4.jpg
    Audi A4.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 995
Last edited:
Nice project! And an engine swap already, impressive. You've had more cars in your first year then I've had in 10 :)

Looking forward to more pics mate.

Car is looking great. Any more plans?

What you done with the old engine? Is it worth a rebuild?

Thanks :) Haven't had alook at the bottom end yet to see if the shells have gone, will do soon though, and plenty of plans! but they just happen and a few has happened just haven't posted them on here yet :)

Good on yer:icon_thumright:

My 1st proper car was a '71 Mg Midget in a lot worse condition than your audi.

How do you manage insurance? (my lad is 17, gawd that makes me old!)

Give us your mod list anyway:yum:

And

Good on yer:icon_thumright:

My 1st proper car was a '71 Mg Midget in a lot worse condition than your audi.

How do you manage insurance? (my lad is 17, gawd that makes me old!)

Give us your mod list anyway:yum:

And

My dad had one of them when he was younger aswell!, not bad to be honest for being 18 i only pay £1500 which is cheap these days, i've bought worse cars but thats the joys of being good with your hands :) And will when i get a few more photos of the mods i haven't posted :)

Got my Wheels refurbed today, Coilovers went on last month :) lowww. 20mm spacers on all 4 corners, Heko wind deflectors.

88318630362808643294656.jpg

88242530362607309981415.jpg

More plans to come :)

Looks nice! Do the fronts not rub at all? Mine isn't as low and has rubbed once when reversing up a kerb. I like the unpainted lowers on yours. They look poo as standard, but on a slammed car I think they often make it look better!

Loving what you've done so far.

Cheers, yeah 20mm spacers with it being this low and it doesn't rub :) i was going to paint them but dunno weather to or not :/

I'm 19 and looking into changing my 2010 leon 1.2tsi mapped to 130 for a 1.9tdi a4, possibly an estate one.

Nice to know I'm not the only young lad looking at A4s!

I'm 29 and I felt like an old man for buying an Audi A4 TDI! It's good to see a couple of young lads with them makes me feel like it's not such an old man car after all!

Went to the Fast show and it was raining and snowing so didn't get any pictures but got one at BP were i jet washed my car

img0206gb.jpg

Got bored when i was down there and starting picking all the rubber coating of the heater dials
img0207xe.jpg

Looks ok until i turned the lights on and you can see all the glue behind it lol, so on the hunt for some new buttons. Nitro Fm at Santa Pod :)

img0211zb.jpg

Fly eyed the front lights and sprayed the front grill black, and back boot strip black aswell.

img0230qt.jpg

On the car

img0232vk.jpg

Going to do the fog lights next.

img0231hr.jpg

More to come.

ive just done my fogs today and just wrote a quick guide on it earlier today.
good to see some fellow young lads in a4 and especially from up Newcastle :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Car is looking very well jay.

my car came that horrible blue interior too...I've the most of it ripped out at this stage too.

I replaced my steering wheel with a black one but still have the blue plastic panels 'behind' the wheel.

just wondering did you manage to get them changed?

I'm thinking of spraying mine black now :-D

Car is looking very well jay.

my car came that horrible blue interior too...I've the most of it ripped out at this stage too.

I replaced my steering wheel with a black one but still have the blue plastic panels 'behind' the wheel.

just wondering did you manage to get them changed?

I'm thinking of spraying mine black now :-D

Mine never came with the steering wheel surround and the handbrake gator so i sprayed them satin black mate, and also sprayed a few other things to make it look abit neater :)

Little teaser, Instead of paying stupid amounts for a turbo kit, i thought i will try one myself. Getting and making bits up atm but should be on in a couple of weeks. Turbo, turbo flange and exhaust flange ready to make the downpipe. Oil lines getting made up soon and adapter plate getting made today hopefully. Boost gauge purchased, already have spare exhaust and inlet manifolds to
modify. Will keep yous posted :)

Tiny standard turbo, and big new turbo :p

What's the spec of that turbo ? Does not look that much bigger than the gt1749va you have in there at the moment !

Getting it all on and running before i upgrade the clutch and flywheel mate. and pictures does no justice mate, its alot bigger than the gt17 i have :)

What is the turbo off, one thing to note with turbo's, size is not everything ! For example a gt2559v is a lot bigger in size than a gtb2260vk however the later flows twice as much air ! What it matters is the trim and size on compressor wheel and turbine NOT the ar ratio ! If i am not mistaken that looks like a GT17 as fitted to some beemers or it could be a gt18 as fitted to some vauxhals/saab's...

Got i few more parts, Template for the adapter plate made, hopefully getting made out of 10mm steel tomorrow if the place is open. then once thats made i can measure the oil lines and get them made up of a mate :) i will make the downpipe on the car. Then just the Intake and boost pipes to sort out, Then once all thats done and running off for a live map. Wish me luck :arco:

Well just got the adapter plate back after i gave him a wrong number lol, but drilling and tapping it today. should be on by next Saturday once i order some boost pipes. bad news aswell, Giving the car a service and the glow plug snaps! so instead of crying about it starting taken the head off and replaced it with the spare one i had. new cambelt and headgasket on, started first time :) also got my new toy! Kawasaki z750

z750.jpg

Good job the parents are in Spain and can't hurt me knowing theres a bike in the kitchen :p

snappedglowplug.jpg

Couple of hours later the head was on all timed up. Shed!

More updates soon!

Nice

although I like a bit more wind protection myself not a fan of the wind trying to pull your head off at 80+ lol

I will stick to my TL1000s :rock:

Nice

although I like a bit more wind protection myself not a fan of the wind trying to pull your head off at 80+ lol

I will stick to my TL1000s :rock:

Tell me about it lol!, Its ok when you put your head down but i despise riding on motorways! nice bikes the TL's. full fairing next i think :icon_thumright:

yeah I hate motorways they are for cars lol

Looks nice, definately be following this thread.. Can I ask how much you have lowered it as I was looking at the jom coilovers but says it's up to a 60mm drop, in my mind I can't see that being very low