1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MY AUDI A3 2.O TDI IS SPLUTTERING/MISFIRING ?? BETWEEN 2 & 3 THOU REVS

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by lee16037, Aug 8, 2009.

1. lee16037

lee16037 New Member

HI can anyone help ?? my a3 is spluttering/ misfiring ?? between 2 & 3 thou revs, when you put your foot down its like it loses a bit of power then regains it constantly like a juddering effect ?? was fine the other day then put sum deisal in and jus started doin this dont no if sum **** in fuel but cant see it been this as it dont do it in first gear or when just revin it seems fine then, did fit a new ect sensor the other day but this shudnt effect it shud it :blackrs4:??
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  2. joe90

joe90 New Member

Mine was doing the same. After a lot of misdiagnosis, 3 different garages and no one knowing what the hell was wrong with it, Stansted Audi replaced 2 of the injectors. Runs fine now.....but the bill was about £1600 for the injectors to be fitted
  3. lee16037

lee16037 New Member

hi cheers joe but mine as gone ok for now messed with the ect sensor that i fitted and also noticed my water bottle cap was loose so thightend that up aswell it ran like **** still for about an hour then just went ok dont know if this had anything to do with it or not or just had sum **** stuck somewhere in the fuel system ?? and now its cleared, just hope it stays ok now dont fancy havin to pay out that much for injectors !! :icon_thumright:
  4. kaz219

kaz219 Active Member

it will be the injectors - run some redex through it.
  5. lee16037

lee16037 New Member

cheers kaz, it has gone ok now but think i will do this anyhow :hi: