My A6 now lowered, (on 20's n full bodykit)

evomaster3000

Reaction score
Here's some pics of my A6 now i've finally got around to lowering her, She's been dropped on 40mm springs with new uprated gas shocks all round, it's a very smooth but firm ride and i'm very pleased with the ride, tho it would be alot smoother on smaller wheels with more tyre but hey where's the fun in comfort when it looks like this:
Here she is on 20's on std ride height:
On20s010.jpg

now slammed:
newsuspensionntints29.jpg

newsuspensionntints29-1.jpg

newsuspensionntints29-3.jpg

newsuspensionntints29-2.jpg

newsuspensionntints29-4.jpg

newsuspensionntints29-7.jpg

newsuspensionntints29-6.jpg

newsuspensionntints29-5.jpg

Also anyone worried about clearances n stuff, I can honestly say that as yet i've had no problems n my driveway is the worst! and it copes remarkably well, tho it's a very long car so don't go expectin to be able to go over peaks!
As for scrubbing, only a slight n i mean slight on the drivers side on full lock, apart from that nowt!

Any q's please ask.

looks better lowered...
bit too much of the same coloure for me though..but looks good

Where did you get the Kit done?
Looks good lowered though.....coool:yes:
I agree with maramite on the Colour point

looks a hundred tmes better....but still looks a bit strange...
not sure all that stuff looks good on such a big car

I think if some of the Jasper was lost and abit of black detail it would look alot better
Those wheels are really nice, wouldn't want to pay for the tyres though

Drmatrix said:
Where did you get the Kit done?
Looks good lowered though.....coool:yes:
I agree with maramite on the Colour point

Most of the kit i built n fabricated myself, grill n front bumper are original dietrich n other german modded parts. I plan to change the front bumper for something more outragous n smooth like the rest of the car.

As for the point about all these bits on a big car, i'd rather drive my A6 than a shoe box A3 or S3, sorry if it seems harsh but i haven't seen any extensivly modded A6's so i thought why not? and i'm not going for a subtle look if you haven't already noticed?

I see the point about the black plastic, well actually i don't! the only things that were in that finish were the whole bottom of the car n the grill which i absolutly hated about the a6! why go to all the trouble of designing a smooth styled car n miss off the bottom 6 inches in the spray booth! Horrid! It had to go n i couldn't do with just colour coding! thats too boring, so i set to work on looking for a kit for it, of which the are very few so i set about designing one.

My Audi is everthing Audi designers wanted to do to a car but couldn't! lol, so i did, it's mad! N i love it!

id agree with raymie not linking the spoiler. what shocks did u fit in?

KYB Gas on the front and if i remember right sachs or boge on the back, N why does every1 hate my spoiler! lol

doesnt suit a nice car thats why, maybe a ford orion or rover 400 coz they r s**t anyways :lmfao:

evomaster3000 said:
As for the point about all these bits on a big car, i'd rather drive my A6 than a shoe box A3 or S3, sorry if it seems harsh but i haven't seen any extensivly modded A6's so i thought why not? and i'm not going for a subtle look if you haven't already noticed?

.......wasnt nocking having a big car as apposed to having a "showbox" like my A3:slapped:

Just saying that I dnt think that stuff suits it. I also said it looks a hundred times better lowered. Me personally I have always loved the coupe like lines of the A6 and thought the big lower grey sections allways spoilt it. On your car I would loose the spoiler and change the side-skirts as I have never liked that "twisty" style.

IMO if you post pics of your car on the net then expect good and bad comments.

I agree the comments need to be constructive though not just "it looks sh*t"

silver75 said:
.I agree the comments need to be constructive though not just "it looks sh*t"

Fair comment. It was late, I was tired, shouldn't have said it.

Comment withdrawn with apologies to Evomaster3000.

Aye, well. No point calling myself a Grumpy Old Man if I'm not going to be grumpy from time to time.

hope you dont mind but just took the spoiler of in paint

i like it alot without the spoiler

nospoilerlp6.jpg

rickparmar said:
hope you dont mind but just took the spoiler of in paint

i like it alot without the spoiler

nospoilerlp6.jpg

Wow what a difference that looks so much better, just needs maybe a small spoiler like the RS6 one and it will be a cool car!!

Still think the grills in black would look good at the front m8

Life would be boring if everyone liked the same though!!

Enjoy your car Buddy.!!

cheers guys, n thanks for the backup curry! I agree about the skirts they will probabily be changed in the near future, and yes i'm very pleased with the whole non halfords look! Thanks and i'm glad that as fellow audi drivers you can see and respect the amount of work that has gone in to it.

And i laugh n point at anyone who drives any sort of halfords rammed shop window drive thru job of a cheap french car.
I wasn't gettin at ya, just messin with u all! as the first replies were very uninspiring and rather depressing, but now i see that it's all good, and thanks for the "constructive" criticism rather than just "don't like it".

And i see your point on the spoiler, it does look good without it, but i like it for now and perhaps in a few years when i grow up i will remove it, but until then it stays.
And yes the standard boots are horrid on a6's! go on smooth them off! only prob i got is where 2 put the no plate? looks a bit out of place wher i got it, but most of the time i will take em off 4 shows anyway so don't really matter.

Thanks for all of your opinions guys, the blunt and the not so blunt and you've mainly confirmed my thoughts about the car, mainly needs to be smoother, tho the spoiler? i'm not totally convinced! lol

Nice on ricks your photoshop skills put into action lol. or wat ever cad software you used. yeah looks 100 times better with out spoiler. i like the wheels allot suite a big car like the a6. we all have our own style it would be boring if we did all the same hey! happy modding!

cheers guy's, i thought this thread may attract some attention to this dead A6 section! Also anyone know of any decent Audi/VAG Mags i could get it featured in? At the moment i can only seem to get interest from fast car/redline/max power sort of mags n i want to show it to the VAG crowd too!

I always thought the cars in performance vw were very subtle with a OEM+ look.

:noway: that doesn't count its a show car :p

I'll re-phrase...... all the cars owned by individuals are subtle the companies go a bit crazy

i cant beileive you get away with a car that low on normal roads mine scrapes with 18s on

What scares me more is the fact that 20 inch rims don't look huge on your A6, just, well, proportionally correct! my mountain bike has 26 inch rims! (as well as most people if i'm honest)..... point being big wheels I like, lowered cars, I like, but not sure about the colour or boot spoiler though. Did see a little lip on the boot of an A6 last week, not really big enough to be a sopoiler in my book but it broke up the bubble bum and looked smart is that the rs thingy spoken about?

What sort of thing would you guys like to see in Halfords then? Just wondering

BOOM BOOM BOOM :blackrs4:

TonyT

What sort of thing would you guys like to see in Halfords then? Just wondering

BOOM BOOM BOOM :blackrs4:

TonyT[/QUOTE]

How about staff :lmfao:

I get what u mean about the rims These are the biggest wheels u can get under the standard arches 8.5x20 on 225/35's And yes the do look the part, not too big, yet when parked next to any other car u realise the size of these monsterous wheels.

As for scrubbing n catching u forget mate i'm on 20's! so the actual rolling radius is larger than the 18's i previously had and hence the ride height is higher by about 10-15mm so a drop of 40mm (what i'm on) is actually only a drop of about 25mm lower than standard, and the wheels fill the arches better than 18's n so looks lower too.

I just take it easy too, avoiding all curbs, and any stupid speed bumps! mainly in car parks! Road speed bumps are fine due to the length of them and the fact they cannot be over a certain height.

As for colour, well i can't afford a re-spray yet so it'll do me! What colour u recon wud look good then? and first offs no silver, black, or yellow! I'd love a blue/terquoise flip pearl paint.

Aww why not black? I really would like black for my A6, gives the car an edge, quite mean looking. But if you want a different colour suggestion I've seen a really deep blue on an audi, darker than the sub Imprezza blue you see around but looked beautiful polished up..... sure it was on an a6. I'm not a lover of flip paints. cool when new but what happens the first time it gets a stone chip or car park scratch?

T

Any pics of your angel eyes?

where are they from?

The car looks very well done, but not to my taste at all sorry chap :(

Smoothed off tailgates/bootlids annoy me (with their then awkwardly repositioned numper-plates), the spoiler is Jap on a German car, the skirts look like Halfords M3 replicas, I don't like mesh on a car, I don't like the colour, and as an Audi driver I like to wear my four-ringed badge with pride,................and you've debadged yours.

Having said all that, it's YOUR car, YOUR taste, and that's all that matters :)

Oh, and I DO like the wheels BTW ;)

angel eyes are custom fitted ones, which break! led's that don't last forever! lol so atm they have been disconnected. No pics as yet. sorry, will try n re-hook em bk up n take sum piccies.

I know what u mean about the number plate tis a bit awkward, but at shows it won't be there!
May put quad pipes on it n drop the plate inbetween them as i've just had my 1st encounter with a bad speed bump n i got a nice 7 inch crack in the side of me rear bumper so it''ll need repairin yet again so i may aswell to a bit of re-cutting of the rear bumper.

Oh and i love the wheels but IMO they wudn't suit it without the kit, hence i got these after it had all been done. Not cheap tho! but hey it's an audi it's worth it!

Quad pipes!
ok centre the exhaust

over-lap the four pipes and you've got an audi badge style exhaust tail pipe. Might look gash of might look smart :think:

Need to get someone to photoshop them on for you:o.k:

TonyT

PS i'm serious not taking the urine

centre exhaust? hmm maybe, but i've seen the quad pipes audi badge style, looks a bit gash unless it's in the centre, hmmm.

U got me thinking now, think i'm gonna do a photo shop