My A6 crashed !

bigblokey0

Reaction score
Here she is ! what's left of my A6 after a transit van decided to not give way

IMAG0007-1.jpg

IMAG0012.jpg

IMAG0013.jpg

Ouch, you ok mate, take him to the cleaners if he/she is at fault.

i feel for you man

agree with the above, if the van driver was at fault take him for everything he's got

hope everyone was alright

Hope everyone is ok, insurance comp wrote off my octavia with less damage just before christmas hope you get it sorted on your terms!!

(Lol I know one less skoda on the road and one more Audi back on the road!!)

I take it everyone in the car was OK. You were moving past a junction when the Transit came out of it? I'd not be suprised if it was in moderate traffic and the car behind you flashed them to come out but they didn't check the road was clear ahead as you went past.

The sills look intact so you may get it repaired rather than be offered some silly book price. I'd get a four wheel chassis alignment report for peace of mind though, even if it can be repaired.

Thanks all, yes the van driver was at fault he crashed into me at a y junction he gave way to the car in front of me but failed to see me :s. I had the garage out today to take a look the guy seems to think its a write off but he said because its an Audi they might repair it. I don't mind if they write it off as long as they give me enough money to buy another one that's similar however I've been looking around and it seems that every Audi I see has been to the moon and back, mines only just hit 90,000 and its got service history. Mine's insured for five grand but I know I wont get that for it any ideas on what I will get people ?

Hold out till you get what it's worth or more importantly what it will cost to get another one of same spec, age and mileage.
****** insurance companies p1ss me off when they try it on:aggressive: especially when they ask you how much your car is worth / purchase value and adjust the premium accordingly then try and give you peanuts when they have to pay out, it's bad enough they all know each others premiums and price fix grrr.

rant over:ninja:

edit: ps it's a writeoff without a shadow of doubt sorry. (unless the insurance try to get bodyshop to fill rather than replace panels - tell 'em to feck off if they do like i did, it didn't have filler for panels pre-accident so it shouldn't after. rant over again:zen:)

Last edited:
Thanks its insured for 5 grand but i know they wont give me that i need about 4 grand to get anywhere near the spec and milage of mine but i just know they wont give me that either :(

If it is written off, see what the buy back price is and see if it's worth it for the leather interior, alloys and anything else before going to a breakers or agreeing with the breaker parts you want to remove before leaving it with them.

Just heard off the insurance company it seems there repairing my car :s hmm...... not sure if im happy about that or not

Its better than insurance, they will pay out pennies !! Just get the alignment report.

Twisted.

Just heard off the insurance company it seems there repairing my car :s hmm...... not sure if im happy about that or not

I'd be happy with it.
saves you from trying to find a car with the same spec, same miles with the money they will give you if written off.

Just make sure you check the repair work and that you are 100% happy with it.
If youre not, moan like fock and make sure they get it right.

does this mean it will be a class c ???

and the repair will de-value the car wont it ?

Would i be allowed to say no to the repair because i know once a car has been in an accident there never the same again

Would i be allowed to say no to the repair because i know once a car has been in an accident there never the same again

That i dont know.
In personal experiance I've never noticed a difference in the car once its been repaird correctly. More to do with the way I look and think about it over the car it self.

Well finally heard off my insurance it seems to get the car repaired it'll cost £4500 but the market value for the car is only £2400 (so they say) with a scrap value of £215, they did say if I can send proof of other cars with the same spec/mileage and they'll try and match them, so now I'm looking on-line for an Audi a6 1.8 T with 95,000 on the clock

What year is your motor ? Most of the one's I've seen on the trader around 90K miles are between £1.8K and £2K

cant seem to find a low mileage a6 unless i have an automatic :( or a dodgy colour one :(

Dont worry, mines done 140K and still runs sweet as a dream......As soon as i fit my new clutch !

I would not worry to much about the miles.
As long as the car is serviced and maintained well you should be fine.

Mate had 1.8T that did over 200k and never had an issue, untill he removed the sump on a hump back bridge. lol