1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. BahnStormer77

BahnStormer77 BahnStormer

Juss - you have the HID's now though, don't you? Did you Joey-mod yours before the HID retro-fit though - if so then that would dispell that theory about Halogens and Joey mods being a bad mix.

My comments were very specifically regarding what people who have the Halogens have said they have experienced: and it made sense as I thought the chrome did help to spread the Halogen beam a little, but definitely agree, it should make no difference whatsoever once you have the Xenons, hence my recommendation that while he's got the headlight units out for 6 hours +, he might as well slap some ballasts and HID's in there - mine are factory fitted Xenons and no Joey mod (it just doesn't look "right" on a silver car)... should look v nice on a dark blue A4 with blacked out grills and Votex front though... and even better with Xenons!

edit: having looked at the mid-pics of AudiMatt's wheels, it looks like there might be retro-fitted Xenons in there already!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  2. BahnStormer77

BahnStormer77 BahnStormer

I've never used these guys, but it would appear that the Votex kit is £600 for the whole lot or £225 for the front, incl meshes.

Certainly beats £300 (top bumper) + £90 (lower skirt) + £115 (meshes) to do the Audi S-Line... and i'm not sure about the back and sides, but given that the Audi door blades are >£250, I'm pretty sure that it'll be more than the £375 that you'll pay for the Votex back and sides!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  3. paul20v

paul20v Audi fanatic

Your not touching anything todo with the projector light output thats reflected behind the magnifiying glass theres no way in hell halogen or hid this joey mod makes any diiference at all to light output from the dip light or even main beam.

4. mrmule

mrmule Member

Thanks for the info... Looks good, I must say, and if I had a front end knock, I'd definitely go for it. But I have the facelift Sport, so will put the Cupra R splitter on for now... :)

5. mrmule

mrmule Member

Actually I'm having second thoughts. Does anyone think it'd look stupid if I just did the front lower valence with the honey comb grills, and above mentioned upper grille?

Why does it not look like it sits flush with the rest of the body...? Are my eyes playing tricks?