1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My A4 beeps and beeps

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by jxm96c, Oct 30, 2003.

1. jxm96c

jxm96c Member

[Oct 30, 2003]
    Hi, my 2000 A4 1.8 T Quattro is making some beeps (4 short beeps) at engine start, not all the time but mostly first time in the morning. I don't see any warning sign on the dash nor is the passengers airbag disabled. It sounds as
    if it was coming from the left or even outside (can't really tell as I'm usually starting in the garage in the morning and you know how great (I mean it, not being sarcastic, it's perfect as we Audi owners all agree) the
    acoustic is in the A4, you can never tell which direction it's coming from, which isn't always a good thing apparently... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Is it something I should worry about? Has anyone come across this, or is it something to do with the alarm system or something? I bought this car from Alexandar Audi in Huddersfield last month, so I'd like to know if it's something likely to be covered by the Approved Used Car warranty.

Thanks, Jules
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. Speedy

Speedy Member

[Oct 31, 2003]
    Jules

Join the club - mine does this, there are a few other members who have reported the same - there are a few threads on this issue. It is the alarm sounder, but no-one seems to know what it means, including Audi dealers. Mine hasn't done it for a month but sometimes it does it every other morning..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
  4. jxm96c

jxm96c Member

[Oct 31, 2003]
    But I suppose if the car starts fine and the alarm doesn't go off out of the blue then maybe we can just ignore it. It's not annoying, just worrying if there's something wrong and that I shouldn't drive it, but if it's a common thing then I'll rest easy. Thanks for your help! Good weekend guys! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif
  5. Speedy

Speedy Member

[Oct 31, 2003]
    I've been ignoring it for nearly a year, but I would still like to know what it's trying to tell me!
  6. K212

K212 Member

[Nov 1, 2003]
    I hope that doesn't happen to my A4... Audis have so many sensors and stuff, too many to diagnos problems...