My A4 B6 Convertible to RS4 B7 Convertible conversion.

thought you guys would like that lol

Last edited:
i actually quite like the first white one i posted a few posts back, and would consider it, anyone think they know which grille has been used.

BTW am dying to see your rs4 conversion, roll on the months.

Here is another rep that has came up, seems like it may be a profitable project to convert a standard vert.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-RS4-...781?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3f4734de5d
Looks like someone has taken this conversion seriously. Looks awesome. I'm hoping for a very similar result.

i actually quite like the first white one i posted a few posts back, and would consider it, anyone think they know which grille has been used.

BTW am dying to see your rs4 conversion, roll on the months.

Here is another rep that has came up, seems like it may be a profitable project to convert a standard vert.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-RS4-...781?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3f4734de5d

Agreed, the first link you sent to the Yellow RS4 conversion was super. As far as im concerned, when everything is OEM it will always look amazing.

Good find for the latest RS4 conversion. Love the colour. :thumbs up:

That's for sure. Problem would be to get all the OEM parts, it'll take a lot of time and money as they are hard to find and if you find them, people charge awful lot of money for them because they're rare. That's why I had to do a lot of research abroad before I decided to do it.

That's for sure. Problem would be to get all the OEM parts, it'll take a lot of time and money as they are hard to find and if you find them, people charge awful lot of money for them because they're rare. That's why I had to do a lot of research abroad before I decided to do it.

That's true, ive already tried to source the parts and can tell its going to be a nightmare. Good that you have the connections abroad. A good time to start too!

Will be watching the progress of your conversion closely, good luck and keep us posted with plenty of pics please. Have you started it yet?

Thanks. We will start it this on Friday hopefully. I will definitely keep you guys updated with plenty of pics.

You putting full quarter panels on or just doing wheel arches

I've got full quarter panels but may end up cutting just wheel arches. Not sure yet.

Hi how much did you pay for the fog light grills? Very nice does anyone know if you can get a badge less grill or Honeycomb one for b6 cab?

Hi how much did you pay for the fog light grills? Very nice does anyone know if you can get a badge less grill or Honeycomb one for b6 cab?
Grills were around £28 + VAT each brand new at TPS. There are no honeycomb or badgless grilles for B6 cabs unfortunately, as far as I know. Unless you make your own one.

I love a conversion, question...... would it not be cheaper to have the car built in Poland or are you going to put it all together and get it painted in Poland?

Problem is when the mechanics there see the foreign number plate, they straight away assume that you have money to spend. I mean overall it would be cheaper. My bonus is I have a very good friend here that I did few favors for and he's more than happy to do it for me at a reasonable price. I know for sure he's going to do quality work too, so it would probably be better for me to build it here as it won't cost me a fortune.

Primer wont do it as it's porous, I'm sure you would have seen cars with patches of primer on there cars and then left only for rust spots to appear, so you will need to get and welded parts painted so you don't have to worry about the panels rusting out.

Yeah, true. May actually get the bits painted before the wrap. Thanks for the advice.

No prob, it would be gutting to look at the car a year later only to find bubbles everywhere.

When my B5 RS4 conversion was done back in the day the body shop fibre-glassed over the joints why they waited to prep and paint it to be safe.

Yeah it would make me sad lol. My mechanic mentioned something about fibre-glassing the joints, i'll ask him again. Thanks.

Grills were around £28 + VAT each brand new at TPS. There are no honeycomb or badgless grilles for B6 cabs unfortunately, as far as I know. Unless you make your own one.
Ok thanks for your reply! So annoying they don't do different grilles for it. Looks like I will have to try sort something

Ok thanks for your reply! So annoying they don't do different grilles for it. Looks like I will have to try sort something

Variosso is spot on. Ive done sh*t loads of investigating on this one. The main thing is that the B6 cab and B6 saloon have slightly different sized grills. The B6 saloon and all the other variants (apart from the cab) offer a badge-less grill and RS grills for only around £40. You can also get the lower grill for even cheaper. Sadly not for the cabriolet.

However, if you're really motivated to do it (i might be) you can buy DIY mesh from a company called 'kamei' (on ebay) and you can custom cut it to the shape of the B6 cab grill. They do them in the honeycombe finish too.

Ive got Cobra sensors on mine and think they are great. The kit will give you everything to do a very neat OEM install with cable tubing to keep all the wires neat behind the bumper

Reactions: variosso
Yeah, I read some reviews and I like the fact that it looks pretty much OEM. I may actually get one.

Not yet. Had a bit of a delay. We're starting tomorrow so hopefully I'll upload some pics during the week.

Check ebay for the sensors. I got mine, new in a box and sealed for £25. It was a Seat kit but they are all the same across the VAG range. Only thing they didnt come with were instructions, fitting was fine but once i fitted them they wouldnt work, i found out that they have to be calibrated by parking the car 20 cm from a wall and then cutting a (i think it was blue) looped wire. I installed all the wireing with the cable piping in the bumper and secured with provided cable ties, then ran the wires through a gromet behind the bumper and fitted all the wireing behind the N/S quarter panel and ran the speaker to the back of the rear seats so that its easy to hear with both the roof up and roof down.

Reactions: DrStrange
Yes, I think this is definitely a good mod for our cars. I eventually need this done as seeing out the back window and judging another car or wall is not always the easiest thing.

The Sat Nav system i'm eyeing up has a rear view camera. Might go for this instead. Any experiences with this?

Yeah, I'm using one. It's good, goes to rear view straight after you put it on reverse. Quite handy.