My A3 so far.

Psyman79

Sarcasm is hard on a forum ;)
Reaction score
Just thought i'd write a short(ish) review of my Audi experience so far.

After what has seemed like a very short 6 weeks, i collected my A3 (details in sig.) on Saturday from Aberdeen Audi (John Clark). My overall impression so far is that of quality. Everything just seems so well put together, to be fair, i was expecting it to be.

The 1.4 TFSI C.O.D is a work of art, coming from a 2010 Leon Cupra i was concerned that loosing 100 bhp would be hard to adjust to, but the car feels so resposive and has more than enough poke i don't feel that i'm really missing out. And i only ever used all that power for the first 3 seconds after the speed limit ended anyway.

For those of you concerned about economy, i had a run dwon to Glasgow over the weekend and put 400 miles on the clock, most of it was motorway driving with a bit of city centre stuff and she managed to average aroung 44 mpg in Auto mode. I had to divert to Banchory on the way home yesterday so thought i'd try Dynamic mode over the hills and it was a joy. As soon as you switch modes you can feel the steering tighten and it just encourages you to chuck it about. This little play over the Slug road didn't seem to make too much difference, only dropping to about 41 mpg.

Comfort wise, on S-Line suspension i was perfectly happy, much smoother than the Leon but i've been used to quite a harsh ride in my last couple of cars. If you're looking for a soft ride i'd definately not choose the S-Line setup though.

SD based sat nav was great, quite happy to navigate Glasgows 1 way system with no issues. Although i did find that the instuctions cover most of the map screen which is a bit odd. There could well be settings to change this but i couldn't see them on looking.

Just the standard cruise control on mine which worked fine. It's nice being able to change gears when its doing its thing, the Leon wouldn't allow that. ACC could possibly be an option in 3 years though, a bit of a pain having to adjust it when people jump infront of you.

Standard stereo setup sounded great, although i'm sure i'll talk myself into the B&O for next time :)

I'm sure i could've gone into a lot more details but i wont bore you all.

Only thing i dont like is that the dial scrolls through the screen the wrong way, that might just be me though.

All the best,

Si.

SD based sat nav was great, quite happy to navigate Glasgows 1 way system with no issues. Although i did find that the instuctions cover most of the map screen which is a bit odd. There could well be settings to change this but i couldn't see them on looking.

There is. On the map screen, if you press the bottom-right button (Settings), there are options in there to choose what to display in that window (map overview of the whole route, instructions or not show it). You can also set junction detail views to appear there when you approach the junction which is very useful.

Only thing i dont like is that the dial scrolls through the screen the wrong way, that might just be me though.

You get used to it pretty quickly. If you imagine the curve on the left of all the menus is the edge of the dial it becomes very intuitive, and you get used to it after that and do it without thinking.

Reactions: Psyman79