my a3 project (not everyone's cup of tea) but I'm happy so far.

cta3

Reaction score
    • 5859-1432052783-6595a7d13247dd38a586abf3419cbf90.jpg
      bought this April last year,great condition,low miles and awful alloys. Had just sold my a3 1.8tsport after endless boosting problems,this quattro came up so snapped up with visions in mind to how I wanted it to look.
      The day I bought it I put my s3 alloys on ,anything was better than the vw wheels.
      first up was a pipercross panel filter.
      i wanted to dress the engine bay and do some mods,my colour theme was lime green and black.
      so I had bought a coolant hose kit,not all the agu hoses fitted so I cut some up to fit else where,also greened up the engine cover text.
      3 months of owning the car some idiot lorry driver decided to do this :(
      I wasn't sure what to do with my car?bin it or carry on! Whilst I was waiting to be paid I decided to do little touches. So I greened out my quattro badge.
      little simple touches :)
      then I decided to matt black my grill.I bought some lowering springs too as my car was now being sorted.
      After I got my car back from the body shop the next day I treated myself to these matt black 18" alloys.
      ohh and greened my callipers ,fitted springs and wheels,very happy as its the look I wanted.
      bought a boost gauge and airvent pod holder.
      Just test fitting,still haven't wired this up. Next job hopefully.
      Treated myself to more hoses
      had some green boost hoses made up and fitted
      next up was a 008 dumpvalve.
      Wanted a dark look so tinted my headlights
      with a light smoke
      Thats as far as I'm at, hopefully within the next few weeks I have a few parts to fit,new discs,braided brake hoses,powerflex bushes,strut braces, (I'm after a r32 front anti rollbar ) and a couple more touches planned. Then a full exhaust system and a remap, Hopefully will sort out the lack of boost problem and I'll be happy :)
    • I've not been on here long but thanks for the help I've had off some members ,much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it very much. Love the green. :) x

Reactions: cta3
Not bad mate, looks good.

That's looking great man.
And at the risk of sounding daft...
Just a quick question on those green the hoses from engine bay? Did you remove them and send them away to be sprayed?
or does a company make the parts in a range of colours?

There was a crowd on ebay doing hoses in that colour when I was looking for hoses for mine. Forget the name but it can't be that hard to find.

Edit: they were also very reasonable on price.

Reactions: marccram
Cheers guys, the company is sfs performance and do many colours, like the green they take 2-3 weeks to get made :)

Reactions: marccram
5998-1434653339-e54d82f34c46a7a84647eea94e1d2a0a.jpg
won this badly painted red s3 strut brace off eBay.
5999-1434653443-09af77fba6c7d6c11cbb205197564b27.jpg
Took it to work,had it shot blasted , undercoated, and....
6000-1434653553-2ede8c4bcb4fc3c9a291e45ff33f05b5.jpg
Had it powder coated in bright green. :)
6001-1434653617-9ac616add9c5fa47937332a71c5db044.jpg
Few more bits to add to the pile of goodies,hoping to get this fitted soon.

Get a green roll cage !

Looks good mate. Are you not clucking for more performance mods?

Sean

Cheers Sean, I'm trying to sort a boost issue out at the mo, it's never really performed great ,my coil pack wire loom is awful , which I think Is causing a lot of problems, I have a new one to be fitted along with my parts, need to get a wheel bearing done too, then the next steps are an exhaust system and AMD remap .

Recently done some more bits to the car ( with some issues along the way :( ). I have had the boost gauge fitted,coilpack loom,disc and pads fitted. Then the radiator broke so had a new one fitted. Also had the clutch pedal break whilst driving along , new one from Audi ordered took to work and welded it up .
Have a decat downpipe, new tip hose,upper strut,new wheel bearings and rocker cover to get fitted this weekend . slowly getting there,wallet continues to be empty lol... But the end is in sight.

Took the rocker cover into work today to have shot blasted and powder coated.
Gave it a bit of a clean first

Thanks to some of the members for your help,cheers :)

You have been a busy bunny, looking good.

Just an update on the a3 project, 2 weeks ago had some new parts fitted.
Had front wheel bearings replaced with genuine Audi ones, anti roll bar bushes, front wishbones. Really happy as it now handles a lot better and the annoying noise has gone :)

Also had the black rocker cover fitted, new spark plugs, sfs tip hose and decat downpipe. Just got the strut brace to fit (might do that shortly) .
Next fri it's booked in for the exhaust system.
Overall I'm pleased so far, it's now running nice and boosting as it should, few little niggles to fix but I'm getting there.

That engine bay makes my eyes bleed but I love it. Where did you get the green hoses? That would go brill with my car :)

Lol, they are from sfs performance, take about 3-4 weeks to be made if you want a bright colour.

Lol, they are from sfs performance, take about 3-4 weeks to be made if you want a bright colour.

How much did these set you back and can you give them an exact colour code ?

http://www.sfsperformance.co.uk/search.asp
A link to the website , they do green purple orange yellow black blue red. I was just lucky that the green they do was the green I wanted for my colour scheme.
They do different sets, I bought a coolant hose kit(9hoses) this was for the AGU engine, so not all fitted my engine code but i managed to cut up the couple of left over hoses to use somewhere else,think I paid £160/£180
Boost hose kit (5 hoses) that was about £115
And the tip was £135
They are also on eBay and you can normally offer a slightly lower price than what they ask.
Hope this helps.

Can I ask why you still have the N249 vacuum thingy on your rocker? can it be removed from your engine in the same way as an AMK, BAM etc?

It can be removed I just haven't done the N249 delete, I've been reading up recently about doing it. So maybe soon I'll give it a go.

I was reading a post on another forum which had some valid reasons as to why N249 should not be deleted. I was considering doing it myself till I read their post and commenting users posts.

Likewise I read up more about it last night, mixed reactions , think I'll leave it for now nothing's broke etc

Reactions: CSS3
It can be removed I just haven't done the N249 delete, I've been reading up recently about doing it. So maybe soon I'll give it a go.

Looking good mate. I love the green hoses, they looks sic.
Defiantly worth doing the N249 delete, although if you ever intend to remove the SAI system it make sense to do both together.
The later is a lot more time consuming but it will tidy up your bay massively and if the SAI pump dies you don't want to have to fork for one of those. It is completely pointless to have on a UK car.

Likewise I read up more about it last night, mixed reactions , think I'll leave it for now nothing's broke etc

I think I'm going to leave mine in to be honest or at least until I have read up some more on it.