hi all i have started to work on my a3
my plans currently are;
. fit my SPAX Coilovers
. get roof wrapped in black vinyl
. fit JETEX exhaust system
. fit induction kit
. Remove parrot handsfree ;)

My current modifications are;
. double din Pioneer sph-da100 7" screen fitted with full sat-nav and handsfree and music connection to my phone.
. 19" BBS LM Black replicas fitted on stretched 215/35/19's.

i have bought the coilovers and they are getting fitted next tuesday so stay tuned.

here are some pictures so far....

168869_10150872723786966_1856263564_n.jpg

550406_10150872724936966_506869_n.jpg

554432_10150872724301966_918649005_n.jpg

269287_10150872724521966_1780575984_n.jpg

please tell me what you think :D

its a good job you got coils
cos thats looks like my Q7

its a good job you got coils
cos thats looks like my Q7

ha yeah i know it dont look too bad in real but the images do seem to make it look like a monster truck but dont worry she will be sat 5cm lower next week ;)

most defo needs some lows dude nice colour though would look way better once down to mother earth ;)

why the parrot?
The pioneer has handsfree built in?
Im confused lol

the pioneer screen has built in phone usage with its bluetooth link, uses same stuff as parrot so it isnt needed anymore and its a bit of an eyesore as without it it would be flat and clean

im thinking of getting a black front grill will it go on the 1.6i? and im thinking of getting chrome door mirrors, good or bad?

the pioneer screen has built in phone usage with its bluetooth link, uses same stuff as parrot so it isnt needed anymore and its a bit of an eyesore as without it it would be flat and clean
Yeah mate its a cracking unit, i have it myself:superman:

im thinking of getting a black front grill will it go on the 1.6i? and im thinking of getting chrome door mirrors, good or bad?
yes a black grill will 100% fit your car mate , chrome mirrors look good on dark coloured cars give it a go mate if it doesnt work then you can remove them easy

i think i might get the grille then and i checked and i can get a good pair of chrome covers for £25 so worth a pop

Love the wheels :wub: How have you managed to get ur car to stand so high like that without coilovers/air? Also is it a petrol or diesel? Where are ur fog lights?

To add to your list,
MY11 Rear lights
S-line or S3 bumper/ spoiler
Rear tints
LED sidelights/number plates/ interior.
RNSE

Love the wheels :wub: How have you managed to get ur car to stand so high like that without coilovers/air? Also is it a petrol or diesel? Where are ur fog lights?

To add to your list,
MY11 Rear lights
S-line or S3 bumper/ spoiler
Rear tints
LED sidelights/number plates/ interior.
RNSE

His car is a basic 1.6 petrol a3 that does not come with the fog lights or the climate control.
Also why on earth would he want an RNSE after getting that lovely pioneer kit? The RNSE is so outdated. But defo on the my11 lights and the updated bumpers.

To the op, the car will look really nice when you are finished with the coils and grill. I love those alloys but heard too many horror stories of them buckling as they are reps

I want to see what it looks like lowered :thumbsup:

Oh ok didn't know that. Each to their own. Also needs a debadge.

Roof wrapped in black on a lava grey car... :uhm:

Oh ok didn't know that. Each to their own. Also needs a debadge.

Roof wrapped in black on a lava grey car... :uhm:

yes i went to my local place that does wrapping and they got some and showed me how it looked and it looks great, i am now getting the roof, spoiler and bonnet in a carbon wrap, its high quality and it looks and feels like the real thing, that is getting done monday, the coilies are going on tuesday and i will soon be debadging.
The my11 rears and s3 bumpers is something for the future as i have had it a week and already blown 2k on it ;)

Looks good look spot on when it's lowered mate

yes i went to my local place that does wrapping and they got some and showed me how it looked and it looks great, i am now getting the roof, spoiler and bonnet in a carbon wrap, its high quality and it looks and feels like the real thing, that is getting done monday, the coilies are going on tuesday and i will soon be debadging.
The my11 rears and s3 bumpers is something for the future as i have had it a week and already blown 2k on it ;)
personally i wouldnt get the bonnet done but its your car after all , just a little note real carbon is smooth and glossy like my wing mirrors

Hey guys i have an update for you all.
i have now got the roof and bonnet done in carbon fibre vinyl wrap and the spax rsx coilovers have been fitted.
here are some pics taken at calke abbey today.
550477_10150886266496966_447790453_n.jpg

600377_10150886266796966_561717349_n.jpg

285753_10150886267401966_516697288_n.jpg

389745_10150886267546966_2090537092_n.jpg

575867_10150886267636966_226207554_n.jpg

please let me know how to get the coilovers lower, they said a 30-65mm drop but it seems to be down only like 15mm :( the garage said they are as low on the front as they go just putting the springs down but what will make them lower?
thanks

please let me know how to get the coilovers lower, they said a 30-65mm drop but it seems to be down only like 15mm :( the garage said they are as low on the front as they go just putting the springs down but what will make them lower?
thanks

You have to wind down the adjusters on the struts mate. Good start so far not a fan of the bonnet though.

Remove the carbon mate n u need some more lows I have v maxx n I'm only half way down n the tyres r just in arches

You have to wind down the adjusters on the struts mate. Good start so far not a fan of the bonnet though.

thanks, the carbon is just a taste thing i guess, i like it as it adds a different sort of texture/finish to it making it stand out more but im sure it will not be my thing in a year or so and will be off ;)

thanks, the carbon is just a taste thing i guess, i like it as it adds a different sort of texture/finish to it making it stand out more but im sure it will not be my thing in a year or so and will be off ;)

Each to their own fella :happy: as long as your happy thats all that matters.

not feeling the bonnet im afraid dude the roof and spoiler look ok but its your car after all , get them coilies wound down man lol

the garage said the springs are as low as they go but does that mean i can still lower the struts?

Hey guys i have an update for you all.
i have now got the roof and bonnet done in carbon fibre vinyl wrap and the spax rsx coilovers have been fitted.
here are some pics taken at calke abbey today.
550477_10150886266496966_447790453_n.jpg

Shes beauuuuutiful! I really like the bonnet and roof looks so aggresive with those rimz mate!!

Love the nav unit ( retail on one ?£)

Think you can get it as low as £350, looking at getting one in the next few weeks, heard a lot of good things!

Reactions: Burkin
Shes beauuuuutiful! I really like the bonnet and roof looks so aggresive with those rimz mate!!

Think you can get it as low as £350, looking at getting one in the next few weeks, heard a lot of good things!

Cheaper than rnse anyway

Love the nav unit ( retail on one ?£)
£599 from halfords :( its an app radio so it links with link to iphone and android apps, it has global sat nav and stuff sick

its ok guys i had a look at the coilovers and the struts are way up so im just gonna stance drop it tomorrow picks should be up soon.
compared to the crappy wheels and tyres on it when i got it the yoko's and falkens on it grip like mad!