1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My A3 Intro : )

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by The_Reaper, Jun 6, 2011.

1. The_Reaper

The_Reaper New Member

[Jun 6, 2011]
    After a couple of weeks of reading/stalking, I thought i'd make a brief introduction.

I'm the owner of an 09 White a3, 1.9tdie. But after driving the beauty for roughly around 2 years now i've become a bit bored as of late, so through my online endeavours I came across this forum.

From what i've read and seen, it looks like you guys have a fantastic audi community here, and hopefully can blend my way into it aha.

What i've got at the moment.
    Just the rnse mk1 i believe, looking to upgrade to the mk2 and get the bluetooth fitted while i'm at it.
    multi function steering wheel,
    ipod prep and the rest.

So really just looking to mod the a3 i guess.
    i've really wanted the led drl's on the front cos i think my existing yellow's look tacky, but after reading around, correct me if i'm wrong, but it's not a cheap mod ? and i might aswell change the car ?

Will post some pics up in the morning when i get a chance :)
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. S3 BUH

S3 BUH Member

[Jun 6, 2011]
    welcome buddy im sure you will blend in just fine guys and gals on here are so helpful, not sure on the cost of the RNSE mod but someone will be along shortly.
  4. Ash187

Ash187 Audi-Retrofits.co.uk Site Sponsor

[Jun 6, 2011]
    as yours is an 09 you should be able to just replace the headlamps, adapters for bi-xenon and then code the car, some of the more experienced guys will come along soon and explain it soon tho. Rich has recently done the upgrade on his although he did upgrade his whole front as he had an older model
  5. Smoothie

Smoothie Active Member

[Jun 7, 2011]
    If your thinking about multi-function steering wheel best off going for flat bottom as well
  6. Ash187

[Jun 7, 2011]
    And if you don't want to spend that much i may have my S-Line MFSW up for sale soon :o.k:
  7. The_Reaper

The_Reaper New Member

[Jun 7, 2011]
    Just a few pics after messing about on Photoshop :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So how do I go about changing the lights on these to LED DRL's with Xenons ? If possible lol.

[​IMG]
  8. Ash187

[Jun 7, 2011]
    its a bumper off job, replace headlights with the LED type, fit kufatec adapter (some here dont like kufatec and will wire in their own made cables) and wire into the central electronics under the steering wheel, then code in to finish.
  9. The_Reaper

The_Reaper New Member

[Jun 7, 2011]
    so i dont need to replace the bumper ? and where can i get the headlights from ? along with the cables ? and i have no idea how to code either lol.
  10. Ash187

[Jun 7, 2011]
    Headlights from ebay, look for a set that comes complete with bulbs and ballasts.

Cables from Kufatec - not 100% but i think these should do for your model car - KUFATEC GmbH & Co. KG - Xenon/HID Headlights - Adapter- Audi A3 8P & 8PA Facelift

For coding you would need someone that has VCDS to do for you. Where abouts are you? There are a few people here including myself that can install and code it for you.