1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My A3 Detail - Light Silver Met

cloughy Apr 6, 2012

1. cloughy

cloughy Member

Hi all,

Thought I'd post a small write up on the correction detail I've just done on my A3. Unfortunately I couldn't get any 50/50 shots due the colour/lighting but here goes....

Tools used

Kestrel DAS-6 and hex logic pads
    Brinkmann dual xenon torch

Products used

Autosmart G101
    Valet pro snow foam
    Valet pro carnauba wash
    Bilt hammer soft clay
    IronX
    Megs 105/205 compound
    CG blacklight
    CG hybrid V7 sealant
    Megs quik interior detailer
    Mega endurance gel

It started off with a Juicy package.....

[​IMG]

then I cleaned up the arches with G101, I'd already sorted out the rusty hubs with hammerite smooth silver paint and the calipers with black caliper paint

[​IMG]

Next up was ironX and clay bar, was really surprised how much crud the ironX removed!

[​IMG]

next day I got the car masked up ready for the megs compound. I'd done a test section and experimented with a few pad combinations but in the end the only combo that would shift the swirls was 105/orange hex logic

I then went round the car with 205/white hex logic. After which it was 2 coats of blacklight using blue hex pad and then the CG hybrid. Results are as follows, really impressed with the blacklight/v7 combo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

finally did the interior with megs QID

[​IMG]

Next up is my girlfriends dolphin grey A3 where i should be able get some good 50/50 shots...

Thanks for looking!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2014
    TonyH38 likes this.
  2. joedredd

joedredd 2006 A6 S line 3.0tdi Quattro Avant VCDS Map User

Hi, did you get those items from Jen?, as she recommended them for my silver A6. The blacklight & V7 combo.

3. cloughy

cloughy Member

Yep got them from juicy, thought it would benefit just dark cars but I was wrong, really easy products to work with as well which is an added bonus!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  4. scotty76

scotty76 Well-Known Member Team Phantom Audi S4

Nice work! Looking great.

I had a bit of an "oh b*gger moment" reading your post. I have just got an orange hex logic pad to use with my Megs #205 to try and get a light scratch out. From what you have said it looks like I'll need the Meg #105 after all. Oh well. :)

5. cloughy

cloughy Member

Cheers pal, took bloomin ages

It that combo doesn't work you can have the rest of my 105 bottle if you like, there's not enough to do a whole car but enough to do a bit of trial and error

6. scotty76

Thanks, I might just take you up on that. I'll see how I get on.

7. _G_

_G_ Active Member

well done! that ashtray lid... in front of the gear gaiter... which product did you use on it if any? mine has minor scratches.. i place my iphone there often. thanks.

8. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator DSG

Good job :icon_thumright:
    I think I'll get myself some of this ironX.

9. scotty76

Iron X is brilliant, especially on wheels. I've just bought its newly released cousin called "Trix" which is combined tar and iron remover.

TRIX

10. N8

N8 Kowalski Details VCDS Map User

Silver looks great when clean, love the pearl, good work :wub:

11. cloughy

cloughy Member

Thanks, for that part i used Xerapol scratch remover, all my interior inlays were badly scratched but this stuff brought them back to A1

Xerapol Scratch Remover & Polishing Cloth

12. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator DSG

Jeez,I'm going to have to stop reading this thread,have ordered some of that as well :)

13. cloughy

cloughy Member

haha, get's addictive, I promised myself I would stop buying detailing products....that was 2 years ago!

14. butler2.8i

butler2.8i Member

Cracking work matey

15. Tommy g

Tommy g New Member

good work :icon_thumright: