My A3 daily/track ish car thing no real purpose I was bored :)

getting a few bits ready for r-tech on tuesday fitted a tow hook incase it breaks lol had to cut metal one off for the boost pipes originally changed to my new forge 007p with a yellow spring to save any dramas and tidyed up a few pipes

just need to raise the front about 20mm today and chuck some new plugs in :)

904258_10200682114517355_2431975_o_zpsfee5dc99.jpg

893040_10200682115317375_1589741853_o_zps6db49ab5.jpg

892893_10200682113517330_100991135_o_zps3e8b56d8.jpg

i clean the windows ...sometimes

got my hands on a s3 strut brace today will replace the chrome gay one and fitting that when it ****** warms up !

Right im back from r-tec not a bad day all in

car made 212bhp and 236ftlbs

now the problems .....nick said the car had more to give but the clutch shat itself wile mapping just kept slipping wich sort of holted things :/

only other thing was the M.A.F i bought a genuine bosch unit from euro car parts a few weeks back but apparently they dont read correctly and are different from the genuine ones from vw..

happy with the power be even happier if my clutch worked lol

only quires are in 3rd 4th and 5th it doesnt rev past 6900 seems to cut boost but in 1st second its 7300ish i know theres no power up there but just wondered

once ive sorted these bits and bobs nick said i could come back and he can map it to its full potential id have to pay by hour next time as oppose to fixed cost

car is already running 21psi spiked to 23psi at one point:ohmy: thought the turbo out of its efficency range at 17

882252_10200712042625539_645658450_o_zps0f19b253.jpg

883727_10200712041305506_1994715813_o_zps387b5e0c.jpg

Good result, shame about the clutch and maf mate! Bunch of good lads though!!!
Hurry up and get your **** bsck up there...

cheers jay yea i need to amend a few little things o the car then get the map tweaked for it i think he was having a bit of a barney with the sipping clutch as you can imagine still pleased with it saw your car there too lol

right got round to doing the clutch last week got a single mass flywheel and vr6 clutch in nice and light and dont slip so all is well

nw issue drinking water :tapedshut: not mixing with oil so i assume its leaking somewhere i cant see or chucking it out the exhuast doh !

if it needs a head gasket may aswell do rods and pistons same time :) then slap my t28 on there hehe

906357_10200733855930858_1887062765_o_zpse90679c6.jpg

903527_10200733852890782_837186369_o_zps1fb8d2f7.jpg

903368_10200733857970909_1234543861_o_zps9ca00b31.jpg

I'm going to try and drop my box tonight. Horrible job :(

hows it feel with the new clutch in? Nice to be able to use the power?

yea clutch is nice but i changed ball joint at same time so tracking is all messed suspension should be with me soon so will get sorted :) tbh the car could use more power in 3rd 4th 5th....at 30mph second gear roll it is absolutly perfect ! lol from 30-75 is lovley all in one gear and is perfect for them motorway duels cough cough

prawn your lieing ? first time i done a gearbox on one of these i thought it was really easy only issue i had was when removing/installing the box the driveshaft cups got stuck between the subframe and clutch/flywheel i later found out you can take the 6mm allen bolt out and they come off and the oil stays in the box ! i thought if i took em out id loose ma oil so i grin and bared it

Not hard, its an easy enough job, I just hate it because I've done it so many times now.

then that makes sense lol factor in the cold and brrrr no thankyou

Nice work Steve, all done on your drive? Could of told me would of popped round for a brew lol

lol yea mate i do it all on the drive at the mo i used to be able to get in my garage but my swift is sorta a permenant fixing for now lol

water leak has been fixed yay ! turns out the bottom radiator hose clip was broke literally fell off replaced it and vwarla as the french who cant spell say :)

jay we need a race ! lol

Reactions: Jay A3
update k03-s is dieing ive bought a spare engine to forge the bottom end and i can mock up my t28 set up just lacking funds manifold i already have just gotta do oil and water lines annoying didnt wanna do this for 2 months but turbo death means i gotta rushish

spare ayp engine picked up and turbo just sat on getting ready to clock it and make up some oil and water lines :)

Reactions: Jay A3 and Paradox1
well quick update k03 is 100% dead lasted a month after the remap so t28 should be on by the weekend and chugging along in the mean time i fitted some koni shocks and springs new pads and discs and what a difference the suspension is to cheap coilovers !!! there koni 30mm springs at the minute but i shall be getting some H&R race springs wich are a 50mm drop ande got ive got some of the dsx spring caps for the front wich should take another 10mm off or so the poly top mounts are great but they do lift the car higher than stock as theres no give or squish in them really

rear springs have been on 3 months fronts are new in the pic but they dont settle much rear is fairly low considering theres no interior in the back aswell

steve

Looking good mate, I was down your way last week. Must meet up to see this t28 setup!

little update the cast manifold didnt ****ing fit ! the turbo was in the firewall and the downpipe would have been on the brake servo annoying anyhow onwards and upwards my friend /solidfabrications is making me a manifold and im gonna use the external gate that was supposed to me for my other car on this as the internal gate on the top mount is just awkward. hes made excellent progress in one day hopefully thursday ill go up there and fit everything once its all made

is this fwd? what power you aiming for?

every time I check this thread, ive always missed loads lol

only gonna be mapped to 270bhp ish when this is done as its a stock motor but i have a spare im going to build then i may go to a gtx2867r with a super t25 hotside for about 430 440bhp ish the turbo going on is just a stock T28 .64 rated to about 300bhp ish at 17psi

theres alot more things to sort before then mind chassis being one of them ive rushed the turbo set up as my turbo was dead and this is my daily drive apart from a motorbike

went with a external gate as top mount didnt leave much room for original the wastegate was supposed to be for my other car grrr

Reactions: vfr800
strut brace no longer fits apart from that all seems well has a small oil leak not sure if its rocker cover gasket leaking onto a runner or oil return line gasket either way am changing both and wastegate needs a softer spring it hasnt opened yet but came off a 400 rwkw gtst so i imagine it was running big boosts going to open that tomorrow and look inside

drives alot better than a k03s power is were its supposed to be in the rev range not on idle ! not even mapped yet once it gets to 9 psi it starts to shift but so do i lol

Reactions: JudderMan
Love it keep up the good work, I'll be keeping an eye on this thread :)

What size is your IC pipework dude? looks smallish.

if it's 2'', it could do with being larger. if it's 2.5'', then ignore me!

Very impressed with how quickly you've got this together :)

cheers its getting there slowly boost piping is 2" down to ic then 2.5" to throttle body 2" is fine for the power this is going to see when i have a bigger turbo then i may upgrade the turbo side my mates astra ran 380bhp with same pipe sizes ive seen lots of cars running 300 plus on 2" turbo sidie no point having more volume to fill imo

naa not going back to r-tech the k03s map had a few flat spots i fault but maybe thats were clutch died on dyno i thought it was pretty much a flash and dash so wouldnt have made 2 many odds i also asked for the second lambda to be mapped out and it wasnt :/ just found this out with new downpipe and what not

a friend of mine who is a bosch engineer and writes calibration for ford daily is going to be mapping it edd he has a company name but i forget it but ive seen over 30 examples of his work and everyones happy plus he se uses garage streamlines dyno wich is 2 mins from my house and i can have more of a say in what i want than i i took the car to bill or r-tech and left it there if anything goes wrong im local to fix it too wich is handy

Looking good Steve! The dyno is fairly local yeh? Good luck with it all. give me a shout when it goes on and I will pop along!

local to south london yes and its a dyno dynamics they nicknamed it the heart breaker lol

mocking up bonnet pins need to weld tabs onto the side of the chassis to put the bolts through then will get aeroflush locking ones and remove all the bonnet mechanism and handle reinforcment bracket too

2" is fine for the power this is going to see when i have a bigger turbo then i may upgrade the turbo side my mates astra ran 380bhp with same pipe sizes ive seen lots of cars running 300 plus on 2" turbo sidie no point having more volume to fill imo

Got to say I strongly disagree there mate. 2'' isn't enough for 300+, no way at all.

I've seen that pipe set restrict cars at just 240-250bhp that have opened right up when replaced with 2.5'' hot side pipes. A big enough turbo may well be able to force 300bhp+ of airflow through them, but it's far from ideal and will certainly be holding it back.

never the less i will find out but have had 2" with no issues in the past if ive got 300bhp from a 300bhp turbo i wouldnt just increase pipe size to maybe gain a little more flow any who

oil leak fouond and it was the ****** turbo second hand goodness

40mm ? qwaar thats small but if it works why not i generaly apply the rule of hot side pipe does not need to be bigger than outlet of turbo unless your running some serious boost and that turbo can throw some serious air out

turbo is rebuilt ! collecting tomorrow :)

got the turbo back today all shiney rebuilt with a 360 degree thrust bearing so i can run more than 1 bar safley :)

fitting tomorrow

Reactions: s3dave