My 2016 S3 Review After One Week

SimpsonTide985

Reaction score
Review

cwFmN43.jpg

The S3 I chose is the Florett Silver metallic with black leather interior. I've had it for a week now and around 400 miles on it already. It replaces my 2014 Infiniti Q50.

Packages/Options:
Premium Plus

Technology package (MMI Navigation, side assist, Audi connect 6-month subscription)
LED lighting package (LED interior lighting and headlights w/ LED DRLs)
Bang & Olufsen Sound
Red Brake Calipers
HomeLink
Lightning cable for Audi music interface
All-season tires

MSRP: $49,930
Offer: $44,125 + Audi Care Complimentary (Around $3k below invoice)
MF: .00011
Residual: 59%
Drive off: $2,750
Payment: $469/mo @ 36 months

raNatLa.jpg

Overview and Pros:
-It sounds contradictory, but I think of this car as a tiny, sleeping giant. It does a great job of looking great but it doesn't slap you in the face with it styling. It's quietly sculpted, polished, and athletic. The S3 design overall still invokes classic, elegant Audi without looking like the more mundane models of old. Its proportions remain tight, lean, and efficient.

-For a subcompact, the Audi S3 doesn't feel claustrophobic or small up front. This wasn't the case with its Mercedes CLA competitor the which couldn't possibly fit anyone over 6'2" without a lot of adjustment for headroom. Now I'm not a big guy at 5'9" and 185lbs, so the car is the perfect size for me. Also in a similar vein, the backseat legroom is actually not too bad either. There seems to be more legroom here than in a Cadillac ATS and definitely better than the CLA. It feels somewhat comparable to the previous generation Infiniti G, but again, the rear headroom could get a little tight for taller passengers, which I almost never have anyway.

-The S3 actually has great outward visibility due to its wide windows and narrow pillars. I will even say that in some corners, the visibility is even better than in my old Infiniti Q50. I love the big sunroof too. I always keep the shade pulled back and makes the car feel even more open and larger than it actually is. The trunk is not very deep vertically but it has decent horizontal depth. The seats have a lot of adjustability and are comfortable and not too heavily bolstered or firm.

a5rw8cB.jpg

-The LEDs headlights are extremely powerful and adapts to the road, making driving at night a breeze. The interior lighting is very well done and attractive. The MMI interface is quick and while not the most intuitive unit to use at first, it doesn't take too long to get acclimated. I don't necessarily miss having any traditional touch screens as the physical buttons are easy to reach and the switches and knobs are simple and clear. All of the menus are quick to navigate through and are never laggy or cluttered with unnecessary information. There's just enough buttons on the center console--everything is large, clear, and the buttons and dials all feel premium for the most part. The retractable navigation screen, while not quite as big as other vehicles out there, is very clean and carries good resolution.

-Unlike with my Q50, I appreciate that the S3 actually can remember your previous drive select mode between turning the engine on and off unlike the Drive Mode Selector in the Q50. The S3's automatic climate control system also seems much more intelligent than the Q50's, as it doesn't blast the fan for way too long once the temperature inside has already been adjusted as the Infiniti often did.

-The B&O sound system is right there near the top of its class and was a pretty big selling point for me as I love my music. The AudiConnect subscription service is also really slick and very well done. Right now I've been using it to send navigational information and directions to my vehicle from my phone and the MMI connect app on my Android works flawlessly. I haven't played with it too much outside of that, but for right now, it's been quite useful. I'm also a big fan of the Wi-Fi hotspot with media streaming, which I also really appreciate as I tend to download and stream podcasts to my car quite often, especially on longer trips.

HDgT7kA.jpg

-Ok, let's cut the ********. This car is the fastest car I've ever driven, hands down. I've driven the 335i M sport, the Q50 Hybrid, the BMW 228i, etc.. The S3 takes performance to a level that I certainly haven't experienced before. For example, my Q50 was FAST but it wasn't always "quick" or felt fast. You had to fiddle around with the Infiniti Q50 sometimes to make it do what you want it to do when it comes to performance. I applaud the Audi engineers here because the S3 knows EXACTLY what you want it to do and as a result, it's not only FAST but it's also QUICK and SMART. When the S3 pulls, you feel it every time and when you're ready to push it, there's no delay, especially when the boost meter is engaged.

-This is also one of the snappiest automatic transmissions I've used in a car in this class, probably only the BMW 2-Series comes close to its programming. When you've put the foot down, the car knows exactly when to shift and does it very smoothly whether in Comfort or Auto mode. While in Sport/Dynamic mode, the sound that this engine makes is simply phenomenal. What I also appreciate here is that although paddle shifters move WITH the steering wheel, I'm glad that it also has a very ergonomic manual gearshifter down in the center tunnel, giving me the flexibility I want for how and when I want to shift.

-If we want to continue the comparisons to my old Q50, the S3 definitely is the better handling car. You have this partially thanks to its lower curb weight, as much as 400lbs lighter than the Q50 and its S sport suspension. The suspension is definitely stiff, but not punishing, especially at cruising speeds or on long trips, the Audi remains compliant and composed. The road noise is also very well mitigated and is definitely more quiet than the Q50.

P47VLm4.jpg

Overview and Cons:
-Probably the biggest issue I have right now are the front brake pads, which generate an abhorrent amount of brake dust. I've had to clean my wheels of brake dust no less than 4 times in the last week and it can be a bit of a pain. Luckily there's an easy fix to this as replacing the pads will cost less than $200 installed, which I'm planning to do in the near future.

9fOXhY5.jpg

-Storage space here is also limited here. The Q50 didn't have much storage space either, but in comparison, the S3 has a slightly smaller center compartment and has no sunglasses holder either. This isn't a huge deal for me since I always keep my car clean and free of unnecessary clutter, but I can see how in certain situations that it could be a minor nuisance. The only other thing that I wish the S3 offered was remote start, but since it's not a common add-on accessory for Audi, I didn't necessarily feel too cheated by this configuration. A lot of people may also dislike the lack of memory seating in the car. It's a rare omission here that doesn't hurt me all too much since I'd be the only driver but it might be a dealbreaker for some.

-When driving in Dynamic/Sport mode, fuel consumption can be a little unforgiving. While the Dynamic/Sport mode is hands down the most fun and exhilarating place to be, it has to be done in spurts, otherwise you'll be guzzling through gas quickly I've noticed. Not a huge deal, but I'm definitely surprised at how fast this thing can chug down the gasoline in spirited driving.

-One last thing is, the interior, while definitely doesn't feel as "bargain bin" compared to the Mercedes CLA, doesn't have a ton of wow factor to it. I wouldn't go so far to call it boring, but to be fair, it is one of Audi's more economically designed vehicles and so, that carries into the interior. It is very simple, "spartan", still premium, but it's definitely no A4 or A6 when it comes to materials, gauges, and aesthetic touches. For me, this actually works out fairly well in the S3's favor as the look is reminiscent of a more traditional sports car and not a luxury sedan, so, it's a trade-off that some people may or may not appreciate.

Nx0ghwR.jpg

Summary

Looks: 8.75/10 (Today while I was walking out of the grocery store, I saw a guy circling my S3, giving it a really good look. The reactions to the car in general have been extremely positive with family and friends. The S3 is definitely a handsome car with striking lines and sharp styling and yet, it can also blend into the crowd among the sea of more aggressively styled competition, which I actually don't mind. While the interior might not be as exquisite as some may expect from Audi, the general intent of this car is well communicated everywhere else.)

Performance: 9.75/10 (It's one thing to have great, straight-line, teeth grinding acceleration. Any muscle car can do that; but when you also have sharp, precise steering, nimble handling, good tire grip, a powerful engine note, a compliant ride, and strong brakes--putting everything together here and you have one of the sportiest and practical daily drivers that you can find for $45k. The chassis itself is very well sorted, the cornering for a car this size makes city driving a blast, and the 6-speed S-Tronic is programmed so well and is just plain fun. I'll knock it down only a little as sometimes the brake's progressions can be touchy and takes a little time to predict at lower speeds.)

Personal Practicality and Appeal: 9/10 (There were only 6-7 Audi S3's that I could find available in the entire state of Iowa. I really appreciate driving a car that you don't see every day, and this was a big selling point for me. This S3 is just right--the perfect size for a guy like me. For the power you get in this car, fuel economy is still comparable in this segment and I'm averaging around a combined 27 MPG. Decent trunk space, good visibility, and of course, the Audi badge can go a long way. A little more storage or would have been nice)

Options/Tech: 8.75/10 (The MMI connect app and AudiConnect are very useful, easy to use, and the MMI interface overall is pretty well done. Since there is more to fidget around using buttons instead of a touch screen, there is a little more time spent not looking at the road. I love the sound system. There's an actual hard drive to rip music onto from a USB/SD/CD onto the car, which I appreciate having again. The rain sensing wipers are more responsive/accurate compared to the Q50 and the navigation is excellent. Seat memory, heated steering wheel, and remote engine start would have been nice, especially in conjunction with AudiConnect or the MMI Connect app)

1mWJGnm.jpg

Overall: 9/10

Bottom Line: When it comes to value, the S3 has quite a lot of it if you can keep it around the $45k range. If you can get this car for around $44k like I did, I'd say it's a clear top prospect in this segment of small sports sedans. Once you get to around $48k or higher, you may want to do some cross shopping to see if this is what you really want or if you want something a little bit more larger or upscale for the money. If you're a relatively short and/or average height professional without kids, looking for a powerful, attractive, near luxury car with spirited driving dynamics for real world, everyday driving, especially city driving, you've got to give the Audi S3 a look. I'm so glad that I did.

Last edited:
Reactions: keenu, Rob2k68, tommysmith and 17 others
Review

cwFmN43.jpg

The S3 I chose is the Florett Silver metallic with black leather interior. I've had it for a week now and around 400 miles on it already. It replaces my 2014 Infiniti Q50.

Packages/Options:
Premium Plus

Technology package (MMI Navigation, side assist, Audi connect 6-month subscription)
Bang & Olufsen Sound
Red Brake Calipers
HomeLink
All-season tires

raNatLa.jpg

Overview and Pros:
-It sounds contradictory, but I think of this car as a tiny, sleeping giant. It does a great job of looking great but it doesn't slap you in the face with it styling. It's quietly sculpted, polished, and athletic. The S3 design overall still invokes classic, elegant Audi without looking like the more mundane models of old. Its proportions remain tight, lean, and efficient.

-For a subcompact, the Audi S3 doesn't feel claustrophobic or small up front. This wasn't the case with its Mercedes CLA competitor the which couldn't possibly fit anyone over 6'2" without a lot of adjustment for headroom. Now I'm not a big guy at 5'9" and 185lbs, so the car is the perfect size for me. Also in a similar vein, the backseat legroom is actually not too bad either. There seems to be more legroom here than in a Cadillac ATS and definitely better than the CLA. It feels somewhat comparable to the previous generation Infiniti G, but again, the rear headroom could get a little tight for taller passengers, which I almost never have anyway.

-The S3 actually has great outward visibility due to its wide windows and narrow pillars. I will even say that in some corners, the visibility is even better than in my old Infiniti Q50. I love the big sunroof too. I always keep the shade pulled back and makes the car feel even more open and larger than it actually is. The trunk is not very deep vertically but it has decent horizontal depth. The seats have a lot of adjustability and are comfortable and not too heavily bolstered or firm.

a5rw8cB.jpg

-The LEDs headlights are extremely powerful and adapts to the road, making driving at night a breeze. The interior lighting is very well done and attractive. The MMI interface is quick and while not the most intuitive unit to use at first, it doesn't take too long to get acclimated. I don't necessarily miss having any traditional touch screens as the physical buttons are easy to reach and the switches and knobs are simple and clear. All of the menus are quick to navigate through and are never laggy or cluttered with unnecessary information. There's just enough buttons on the center console--everything is large, clear, and the buttons and dials all feel premium for the most part. The retractable navigation screen, while not quite as big as other vehicles out there, is very clean and carries good resolution.

-Unlike with my Q50, I appreciate that the S3 actually can remember your previous drive select mode between turning the engine on and off unlike the Drive Mode Selector in the Q50. The S3's automatic climate control system also seems much more intelligent than the Q50's, as it doesn't blast the fan for way too long once the temperature inside has already been adjusted as the Infiniti often did.

-The B&O sound system is right there near the top of its class and was a pretty big selling point for me as I love my music. The AudiConnect subscription service is also really slick and very well done. Right now I've been using it to send navigational information and directions to my vehicle from my phone and the MMI connect app on my Android works flawlessly. I haven't played with it too much outside of that, but for right now, it's been quite useful. I'm also a big fan of the Wi-Fi hotspot with media streaming, which I also really appreciate as I tend to download and stream podcasts to my car quite often, especially on longer trips.

HDgT7kA.jpg

-Ok, let's cut the ********. This car is the fastest car I've ever driven, hands down. I've driven the 335i M sport, the Q50 Hybrid, the BMW 228i, etc.. The S3 takes performance to a level that I certainly haven't experienced before. For example, my Q50 was FAST but it wasn't always "quick" or felt fast. You had to fiddle around with the Infiniti Q50 sometimes to make it do what you want it to do when it comes to performance. I applaud the Audi engineers here because the S3 knows EXACTLY what you want it to do and as a result, it's not only FAST but it's also QUICK and SMART. When the S3 pulls, you feel it every time and when you're ready to push it, there's no delay, especially when the boost meter is engaged.

-This is also one of the snappiest automatic transmissions I've used in a car in this class, probably only the BMW 2-Series comes close to its programming. When you've put the foot down, the car knows exactly when to shift and does it very smoothly whether in Comfort or Auto mode. While in Sport/Dynamic mode, the sound that this engine makes is simply phenomenal. What I also appreciate here is that although paddle shifters move WITH the steering wheel, I'm glad that it also has a very ergonomic manual gearshifter down in the center tunnel, giving me the flexibility I want for how and when I want to shift.

-If we want to continue the comparisons to my old Q50, the S3 definitely is the better handling car. You have this partially thanks to its lower curb weight, as much as 400lbs lighter than the Q50 and its S sport suspension. The suspension is definitely stiff, but not punishing, especially at cruising speeds or on long trips, the Audi remains compliant and composed. The road noise is also very well mitigated and is definitely more quiet than the Q50.

P47VLm4.jpg

Overview and Cons:
-Probably the biggest issue I have right now are the front brake pads, which generate an abhorrent amount of brake dust. I've had to clean my wheels of brake dust no less than 4 times in the last week and it can be a bit of a pain. Luckily there's an easy fix to this as replacing the pads will cost less than $200 installed, which I'm planning to do in the near future.

9fOXhY5.jpg

-Storage space here is also limited here. The Q50 didn't have much storage space either, but in comparison, the S3 has a slightly smaller center compartment and has no sunglasses holder either. This isn't a huge deal for me since I always keep my car clean and free of unnecessary clutter, but I can see how in certain situations that it could be a minor nuisance. The only other thing that I wish the S3 offered was remote start, but since it's not a common add-on accessory for Audi, I didn't necessarily feel too cheated by this configuration.

-When driving in Dynamic/Sport mode, fuel consumption can be a little unforgiving. While the Dynamic/Sport mode is hands down the most fun and exhilarating place to be, it has to be done in spurts, otherwise you'll be guzzling through gas quickly I've noticed. Not a huge deal, but I'm definitely surprised at how fast this thing can chug down the gasoline in spirited driving.

-One last thing is, the interior, while definitely doesn't feel as "bargain bin" compared to the Mercedes CLA, doesn't have a ton of wow factor to it. I wouldn't go so far to call it boring, but to be fair, it is one of Audi's more economically designed vehicles and so, that carries into the interior. It is very simple, "spartan", still premium, but it's definitely no A4 or A6 when it comes to materials, gauges, and aesthetic touches. For me, this actually works out fairly well in the S3's favor as the look is reminiscent of a more traditional sports car and not a luxury sedan, so, it's a trade-off that some people may or may not appreciate.

Nx0ghwR.jpg

Summary

Looks: 8.75/10 (Today while I was walking out of the grocery store, I saw a guy circling my S3, giving it a really good look. The reactions to the car in general have been extremely positive with family and friends. The S3 is definitely a handsome car with striking lines and sharp styling and yet, it can also blend into the crowd among the sea of more aggressively styled competition, which I actually don't mind. While the interior might not be as exquisite as some may expect from Audi, the general intent of this car is well communicated everywhere else.)

Performance: 9.75/10 (It's one thing to have great, straight-line, teeth grinding acceleration. Any muscle car can do that; but when you also have sharp, precise steering, nimble handling, good tire grip, a powerful engine note, a compliant ride, and strong brakes--putting everything together here and you have one of the sportiest and practical daily drivers that you can find for $45k. The chassis itself is very well sorted, the cornering for a car this size makes city driving a blast, and the 6-speed S-Tronic is programmed so well and is just plain fun. I'll knock it down only a little as sometimes the brake's progressions can be touchy and takes a little time to predict at lower speeds.)

Personal Practicality and Appeal: 8.5/10 (There were only 6-7 Audi S3's that I could find available in the entire state of Iowa. As some of you know, I really appreciate driving a car that you don't see every day, and this was a big selling point for me. This S3 is just right--the perfect size for a guy like me. For the power you get in this car, fuel economy is still comparable in this segment and I'm averaging around a combined 27 MPG. Decent trunk space, good visibility, and of course, the Audi badge can go a long way. A little more storage would have been nice)

Options/Tech: 9/10 (The MMI connect app and AudiConnect are very useful, easy to use, and the MMI interface overall is pretty well done. Since there is more to fidget around using buttons instead of a touch screen, there is a little more time spent not looking at the road. I love the sound system. There's an actual hard drive to rip music onto from a USB/SD/CD onto the car, which I appreciate having again. The rain sensing wipers are more responsive/accurate compared to the Q50, the navigation is excellent. The factory option for remote engine start would have been nice, especially in conjunction with AudiConnect or the MMI Connect app)

1mWJGnm.jpg

Bottom Line: When it comes to value, the S3 has quite a lot of it if you can keep it around the $45k range. If you can get this car for around $44k like I did, I'd say it's a clear top prospect in this segment of small sports sedans. Once you get to around $48k or higher, you may want to do some cross shopping to see if this is what you really want or if you want something a little bit more larger or upscale for the money. If you're a relatively short and/or average height professional without kids, looking for a powerful, attractive, near luxury car with spirited driving dynamics for real world, everyday driving, especially city driving, you've got to give the Audi S3 a look. I'm so glad that I did.

Excellent review mate.............and I agree on practically every single point with maybe a couple of exceptions:

- I'd say the interior is pretty much top of the class, certainly haven't seen anything I prefer, or that looks better built. Sure it's minimalist but that's it's appeal in my opinion

- Storage?? I don't think many buy an S3 for it's outstanding storage space tbh........it's manageable but not great :)

..........oh and get yourself a new camera........some kind of weird colour cast going on??!! lol (still a stunner though) ;)

Reactions: Rob2k68, Audi Bairn, Scottyg and 4 others
Excellent and thanks for taking the time and effort to post this review.....says jassy with his Sunday best posting head on for one second lol.....l love my Pano-roof as well...:smile new:

Excellent and thanks for taking the time and effort to post this review.....says jassy with his Sunday best posting head on for one second lol.....l love my Pano-roof as well...:smile new:

...........excellent spelling and very articulate mate.....................could almost confuse it with English!! lol

Thanks.

I've done a lot of reviews like this in the past. I like to do them and people usually enjoy reading them too. :)

The cameras on my phones kinda suck. I had to do the best with what I had. :(

Reactions: Rob2k68, Audi Bairn, batch and 6 others
Thanks.

I've done a lot of reviews like this in the past. I like to do them and people usually enjoy reading them too. :)

The cameras on my phones kinda suck. I had to do the best with what I had. :(

Well ST....can l call ye that your avatar is rather long...your review is a breath of fresh air and far better than most of us Jim Henson's could ever manage

Excellent review mate.............and I agree on practically every single point with maybe a couple of exceptions:

- I'd say the interior is pretty much top of the class, certainly haven't seen anything I prefer, or that looks better built. Sure it's minimalist but that's it's appeal in my opinion
I pretty much said the same thing. I think I was taking the perspective from someone with general expectations of the brand; for example, someone who drives and Audi A6 or A7 might look at the S3's interior and may be slightly disappointed, even when the classes are very different.

If we're comparing others in this segment specifically, it's definitely a nicer interior than the Mercedes CLA45 at least. I guess the only other car in this segment to compare directly to would be the M2, which I haven't sat in personally. I've been in the 228i and I'd probably say the S3 looks better than that as well.

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv and Simon L
Excellent review...almost instantly made me phone my dealer and upgrade my pre facelift S3 SB

Reactions: Rob2k68, Scottyg, SpeedyFrog and 4 others
Excellent review...almost instantly made me phone my dealer and upgrade my pre facelift S3 SB

They would be sayin "awe naw its that interior light pack guy again"...lol

Reactions: Rob2k68, SpeedyFrog, Simon L and 2 others
Wow ..... what a review !!!!! :sunglasses:

Great choice of colour by the way :yes:

Sounds like you are really enjoying the car.

Reactions: Rob2k68, Audi Bairn, Scottyg and 6 others
Great review and handsome car.

Reactions: Simon L, Scottyg, SpeedyFrog and 1 other person
While not being perfect the S3 hits so many sweet spots that it makes it a great car to own and drive.
I can't wait to get mine in less than 4 days!
Superb review mate!

Reactions: Rob2k68, Audi Bairn, Jassyo06 and 3 others
Review

cwFmN43.jpg

Packages/Options:
Premium Plus

Bang & Olufsen Sound
Red Brake Calipers
HomeLink
All-season tires

raNatLa.jpg

Overview and Pros:

a5rw8cB.jpg

HDgT7kA.jpg

P47VLm4.jpg

Overview and Cons:

9fOXhY5.jpg

-Storage space here is also limited here. The Q50 didn't have much storage space either, but in comparison, the S3 has a slightly smaller center compartment and has no sunglasses holder either. This isn't a huge deal for me since I always keep my car clean and free of unnecessary clutter, but I can see how in certain situations that it could be a minor nuisance. The only other thing that I wish the S3 offered was remote start, but since it's not a common add-on accessory for Audi, I didn't necessarily feel too cheated by this configuration. A lot of people may also dislike the lack of memory seating in the car. It's a rare omission here that doesn't hurt me all too much since I'd be the only driver but it might be a dealbreaker for some.

Nx0ghwR.jpg

Summary

Personal Practicality and Appeal: 9/10 (There were only 6-7 Audi S3's that I could find available in the entire state of Iowa. I really appreciate driving a car that you don't see every day, and this was a big selling point for me. This S3 is just right--the perfect size for a guy like me. For the power you get in this car, fuel economy is still comparable in this segment and I'm averaging around a combined 27 MPG. Decent trunk space, good visibility, and of course, the Audi badge can go a long way. A little more storage or would have been nice)

Options/Tech: 8.75/10 (The MMI connect app and AudiConnect are very useful, easy to use, and the MMI interface overall is pretty well done. Since there is more to fidget around using buttons instead of a touch screen, there is a little more time spent not looking at the road. I love the sound system. There's an actual hard drive to rip music onto from a USB/SD/CD onto the car, which I appreciate having again. The rain sensing wipers are more responsive/accurate compared to the Q50 and the navigation is excellent. Seat memory, heated steering wheel, and remote engine start would have been nice, especially in conjunction with AudiConnect or the MMI Connect app)

1mWJGnm.jpg

@SimpsonTide985 - Fab & thorough review
Thanks for taking the time :thumbs up:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Simon L
Awesome review and have to agree I am totally blown away with mine.. only negative is the mpg but do I actually expect it to do 40 mpg when it goes like a rocket? Probably not!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rob2k68, Audi Bairn, samo26 and 3 others
After about a week, I think my favorite Individual settings are:

-Engine/Transmission: Comfort
-Steering: Auto
-Engine Sound: Auto

I like feeling the car's natural power in everyday driving and in Comfort, it has plenty for every day driving. Whenever I need the extra power, usually for passing, it's easier to just snap the shifter down into "S" or move into manual mode.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Simon L and ChivsBang
We picked up our S3 3 door last Friday - great review. I agree with everything you have said (including the slight irritation of a lack of internal storage) - particularly as you can't put anything metal in the arm rest or the phone box aerial won't work. The boot hooks in ours are rather useless too. Only a very small, simple, cheap thing, but the trip back from Waitrose can't be done with any verve!

I reckon the brake dust will calm down a bit once the pads have bedded in. However, it may be worth treating the wheels to some sort of treatment that will help them shed brake dust with a simple rinse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: pburv, Audi Bairn, Simon L and 2 others
Thoroughly enjoyed reading your review fella, thanks.
Appreciate you taking the time to compose this.
Cheers!

Reactions: pburv
particularly as you can't put anything metal in the arm rest or the phone box aerial won't work.

What's this about mate?
I've not picked up on this elsewhere on the forum yet.
Sounds like poor design on Audi's part.

Reactions: pburv
What's this about mate?

Read it in the handbook

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Did a longer run yesterday in the S3 FL and am now getting 35-40 on a long journey in Economy mode and with a light foot which pleases me.. Only downside is my iPhone 6s Plus won't lie flat in the centre console (not a biggy)

The stop/start function is a huge improvement on my 2003 Sportback which had to be switched off as it took ages to start again..

For now not noticed anything bad about the car and it's still awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audi Bairn and pburv
I've had my S3 for two weeks now and thought I would chip in. First of all, I noticed that you have a lot of red LED lights inside around the gear lever area. In the UK these are all white which makes it look a bit different. Also, I opted for the Virtual Cockpit which makes the interior one of the best I've sat in tech-wise however I do find the interior a little plasticky (although this seems to be across the whole Audi range in the latest generation).

I am returning a decent mpg and I'm not driving it like a granny. I will say that the car is fast, but it doesnt feel fast. My old 3.2 A4 used to give you a punch of speed whereas the S3 seems to be smoother but it is actually accelerating quicker.

The noise of the exhaust during up/down shifts is mesmerising. I haven't heard anything like it, however the engine rev noise is very muted (again, especially compared to my old 3.2)

Storage is much more limited in the S3 compared to the A4. There are as many storage areas (apart from sunglasses holder) but they are all smaller.

My biggest gripe so far - people seem to want to try and outrun you in an S3. Shame that they never seem to win though ;-)

Reactions: Rob2k68, Simon L and pburv
What's this about mate?
Not sure because I don't have the facelift but is he on about the wireless charging?

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Audi Bairn
I've had my S3 for two weeks now and thought I would chip in. First of all, I noticed that you have a lot of red LED lights inside around the gear lever area. In the UK these are all white which makes it look a bit different. Also, I opted for the Virtual Cockpit which makes the interior one of the best I've sat in tech-wise however I do find the interior a little plasticky (although this seems to be across the whole Audi range in the latest generation).

I am returning a decent mpg and I'm not driving it like a granny. I will say that the car is fast, but it doesnt feel fast. My old 3.2 A4 used to give you a punch of speed whereas the S3 seems to be smoother but it is actually accelerating quicker.

The noise of the exhaust during up/down shifts is mesmerising. I haven't heard anything like it, however the engine rev noise is very muted (again, especially compared to my old 3.2)

Storage is much more limited in the S3 compared to the A4. There are as many storage areas (apart from sunglasses holder) but they are all smaller.

My biggest gripe so far - people seem to want to try and outrun you in an S3. Shame that they never seem to win though ;-)

Yeah you certainly get a few wannabies unfortunately..........worst culprits round my way seem to be Cupras and Coopers!! Yeah right lol

I don't agree on the plasticky interior though, unless Audi have changed the materials they're using which would certainly be news to me, most agree they're about as good you can get.

Reactions: Rob2k68, Audi Bairn, allanmb and 1 other person
Yeah you certainly get a few wannabies unfortunately..........worst culprits round my way seem to be Cupras and Coopers!! Yeah right lol

I don't agree on the plasticky interior though, unless Audi have changed the materials they're using which would certainly be news to me, most agree they're about as good you can get.
I have the same issues with coopers myself...lol
Upload 2016 9 28 18 12 42

Reactions: Rob2k68, allanmb and Simon L
Have you had it the other way yet? Two lanes at the lights, you get there first and take the left lane, everyone pulls up behind you, then one guy comes along the outside and pulls up next to you, obviously he can see what you are in (and thinks oh S**t), the lights change and he just sits there until you have gone :D

It's even better in the wet when someone does it and tries to pull off quicker :D

Reactions: Rob2k68, Audi Bairn and allanmb
Have you had it the other way yet? Two lanes at the lights, you get there first and take the left lane, everyone pulls up behind you, then one guy comes along the outside and pulls up next to you, obviously he can see what you are in (and thinks oh S**t), the lights change and he just sits there until you have gone :D

Haha! Not yet ;-)

Reactions: Rob2k68
Yeah, I like how deceptively powerful the car is. It doesn't scream sportiness and speed at you with its styling, which I prefer.

Reactions: Falmouthboy and Rob2k68