My 2.5Tdi Avant Thread !!

KevO1979

Reaction score
Had this for bout 12 months now, picked it up pretty cheap because the aux belt tensioner had failed taking out the belts, rad etc etc So fixed it and the found myself actually quite liking it so decided to keep it! I like to mess with cars, change and modify then and generally clean and tidy things up as I go along! Costs a fortune and its money ya never get back but I actually enjoy doing it so i must do it for the love!

Anyway, joined this forum as I was searching for help with a few bits and seen all the how to guides and retrofits and thought as I intend on doin a few bits to mine, I'd start a thread of my own! This way people can browse my trials and tribulations, maybe inspire and also help others with their own cars! Also documents things for me to look back in years to come, an think blimey why did I spend so much money on a cheap car!!!! Haha..

So here it is as of today...

Already bought and fitted an S4 front bumper, still requires painting but plan on having a bit of paint so will get it all done when i'm ready..

Front drivers wing badly rotten, another thing to replace..

Kinda got a cream leather trim which again I bought for a bargain an fitted, not as clean as I'd like tho, might put an S4 trim in or get this cleaned professionally or repainted, anyone had a trim re-painted that could give me ant advice??

New boots I've had for a while now, 19" Kahns - not sure whether to leave silver or paint black! Thats why they still aint fitted!

So thats pretty much were I'm at! Posted the other day that I'd fitted a full Meyle HD front suspension arm kit and new discs/pads and also cleaned up/painted brake parts - gonna be doin the rear shortly so will keep this thread updated as I go!

Any questions, comments or advice is always appreciated!!

So after cleaning up the front, I decided to do the rears also! Pulled off me rear shocks and noticed the bumpstops were shot, and me backing plates were beyond repair so bought some new ones - only £7 each bargain!
Before...

New Parts..

All fitted and back together !!

Lookin better now! Was all straight forward and no hiccups really? Easy enough for anyone to tackle. Whilst the wheel was off I tried out my new wheels got black and silver at the mo an cant male my mind up! I like silver, an black looks aggressive! Decisions decisions!!

Thats all for now!! Ordered some non genuine S4 door fins off Ebay so they're on the way, paint coming soon so hopefully have some more updates soon !

Last edited:
Black is my vote.looks like you are getting stuck in,nice work.

I like those wheels what are they?
Good work!
You seem to be like me,everything has to be right and look spot on!
:nogarors4:

Reactions: KevO1979
Yeah I'm quite fussy an hate when somethins not quite right!! Wheels are 19" Kahn RSV Wanna get them on now! Door fins arrived today, but disappointed as they only seem to be the S line type an not the more aggressive S4 type!

Little update...

Been lookin at the "Joey" mod an cdecided to give it a go! Wish I'd never started!! I've so far done one headlamp, probably too bout 8 hours in total an still got the other side to do! Also managed to melt the plastic in areas, and split some of the lip that you have to fold back!

You can see the top ridge of the headlamp here is slighty melted/deformed..

And dont kno if you can quite see the split down the side on this one..

Was a right PITA of a job!! Atho I do think they look a lot better done!

One done one not!

End result looks great mate! I applaud all your hard work!
That's what puts me off doing mine, it does seem a right PITA! Also, on the other hand I don't like the tinting vinyl with the perforated holes! Just doesn't look as good!

Good work!

Managed to pick up a set of genuine S4 door blades, these were silver but I've since prepped an painted satin black! These have been fitted along with my newly refurbished wheels! (again) These were done by Wilkinson powder coating in Crewe an would highly recommend, there a top job!

Took a quick picture once fitted, but car desperately needs a wash n polish!

Coming next, new rear bumper with exhaust cut outs, new wings an some fresh paint!! Be lookin to tune it then!

Do u still have the s4 door blades you do didn't use? Fancy selling?

Little update,

With lot of work on at the mo I've not had much time to spend on the A4. However, managed to pick up a rear bumper of Ro55 off here, had it painted an fitted...

Drove it for a while like this but really wanted the exhaust cut outs filling!! So today I went Demon Tweeks for a custom exhaust..

And left there lookin a whole lot better!!

Really happy with how it turned out! Also picking up a full half leather/alcantara trim next week so will have another update coming soon!!

Unfortunately, the aux belt tensioner bottom bolt snapped on me again? Only done the whole tensioner set up less than 1500 miles ago? Anyone had similar issues? Any ideas what could cause this to happen so soon??

Reactions: Welshquattro and Greeny233
Looking good dude?

How does the exhaust sound? Thinking of getting mine done soon but don't want it to be drowny.

Thanks people! It sounds exactly the same of tick over and revving etc, little bit of noise when accelerating hard, but hardly nothing to be honest! I like it personally!

Now you need some power to match th looks ! give me a ring when you're ready...