My 1st Audi

coolguy

Reaction score
Hi all, just joined the forum as I've recently placed an order for a new Audi A3 Sportback,

1.4 TFSI Sport
In Scuba Blue

- Xenon light package
- Comfort package
- Folding door mirrors
- Advance key

Placed last week so still waiting on a confirmation of the build week.

It's only been a week, but it feels as though a few weeks has passed. :(

Others who ordered, how long did you have to waiting before knowing the build week?

Also what if any freebies you got?

Hi and welcome to the club. It took a lot of pestering to get a build week for me, but others have got them really quickly. My build week also changed twice (both for the better).

Others who ordered, how long did you have to waiting before knowing the build week?

Hi Coolguy. I placed my order on the 1st and got build week 38, they let me know on Friday, so it took them about 4 weeks to get me a build week. However I did change the spec twice and the estimated delivery date only extended by a week. ;)

Just been given an estimate of September when ordering, so probably ring them up next week to check.

For me is was about 5 weeks before I knew the build date, and that's only because I pestered my dealer. I think mine is not typical, others have a date after 1 or 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Picked up my first Audi last Thursday. A3Sportback 1.4 TFSI Scuba Blue. Great car. Placed order at beginning of May and was initially told delivery end July. Got build week 32 and got car 2 weeks later. Even got the new DAB radio which was optional extra when ordered. Looking forward to many miles of happy motoring

Picked up my first Audi last Thursday. A3Sportback 1.4 TFSI Scuba Blue. Great car. Placed order at beginning of May and was initially told delivery end July. Got build week 32 and got car 2 weeks later. Even got the new DAB radio which was optional extra when ordered. Looking forward to many miles of happy motoring
Very nice, same colour :happy: That was quite quick, did you mean week 22?

Did you get any freebies apart from the usual carpets and fuel?

hi Cam, that was a quick delivery, I bet you are chuffed to bits. Do you have any pics, I too ordered scuba blue and it would be nice to see what I am getting!!

Mark

Typo, my mistake guys. It was actually week 24 build delivery 8 weeks after order still far quicker than I expected. I think i got a reallocated build slot from dealer allocation?​

Just got a call from the dealer to say the car has arrived :happy: (over the weekend).

Just need to sort out the paper work and insurance, ready for collection on the 2nd Sept (working on the 1st :unsure:)

Very very happy/excited.

Reactions: SportbackStu
Just got a call from the dealer to say the car has arrived :happy: (over the weekend).

Just need to sort out the paper work and insurance, ready for collection on the 2nd Sept (working on the 1st :unsure:)

Very very happy/excited.

Congrats. I've had mine Suba Blue 1.4 TFSI since June and loving it. I don't have as many desirable option extras as I bought mine outright from dealership. I love to retrofit Xenon to mine one day. I do have the comfort pack and cruise control which makes the journey a pleasant to drive.

Enjoy the car dude.

Congrats. I've had mine Suba Blue 1.4 TFSI since June and loving it. I don't have as many desirable option extras as I bought mine outright from dealership. I love to retrofit Xenon to mine one day. I do have the comfort pack and cruise control which makes the journey a pleasant to drive.

Enjoy the car dude.
Thanks Schizophonic, I'm looking forward to it.

Hi Coolguy
Welcome to the forum, regarding build week I placed an order yesterday for an A3 S Line Sportback Tfsi COD in Brilliant Black with a few goodies on board including Bang & Olufen, part Leather/Alacantra, Comfort Pack & Advanced Key among others, the big surprise was that the build week is Week 40, even the sales guy was surprised at that as he had quoted Week 46 a week before, says its all about timing & dealership allocation, should be picking it up in about 8 weeks, thought it would have been Jan/Feb 14, I know reading this forum that dates can change but its a good start :)