Must have S4 extras

ScottishA4B9

Reaction score
Hello All,

Just wondering what extras S4 owners would recommend or consider ‘must have’?

I would defo have the following at least:
Virtual Cockpit
Matrix Light
Black styling pack
Privacy Glass
Red Brake calipers

Reactions: Riko0073
I think the extended LED pack is a gimmick but I love it so would say to spec it. Another would be the advanced key with the boot opening using your foot. Sounds silly but nice being able to leave your key in your pocket all the time.

I’m sure I’ll come up with others as well but the initial list looks like a good start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VC - very cool.
Matrix lights - amazing.
Keyless entry - had on last 2 cars and love the convenience of it.
Extended LED - nice touch and sets the mood in the car whilst adding that extra bit of luxury.
Folding mirrors - must have for parking plus a quick tell that car is locked.

Red calipers I agree with also on a car that doesn’t stand out much from the S-line/Sport models it just adds a bit more ‘presence’ to the S4.

There are other things that I loved and I ticked a lot more boxes, hard to drill down really but the above would be my minimum must haves.

Carbon fibre inlays are one of my favourite things - it makes the interior so special!

(Thanks to @Thundercliffe81 for convincing me to add them to my original order!)

Reactions: Riko0073 and Thundercliffe81
Heated steering wheel. Absolutely necessary.

Reactions: NoParticularPlaceToGo
Carbon fibre inlays are one of my favourite things - it makes the interior so special!

(Thanks to @Thundercliffe81 for convincing me to add them to my original order!)

Yeah. I think setting it apart from an A4 is a nice way to go. Sports diff 100%.

Yes agreed, it adds that special look...so many things I couldn’t be without!!

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
I wouldn’t be without:
Virtual cockpit
Sports diff
Adaptive dampers
Black styling pack
Carbon fibre inserts (definitely the best finish)
B&O sound system

I wouldn’t have paid the miner for the red brake calipers but I’m glad I have them they do add a nice touch along with the RS wheels

Does anyone have the Sunroof on the S4? Is it worth it?

Panoramic is great. I got it primarily for the lady but it really brings in a lot of light.

Just tick all the boxes!

Reactions: TameAutumn, RichardMMM, martin1984 and 3 others
Does anyone have the Sunroof on the S4? Is it worth it?
Yep, I love a sunroof and adds some well needed light into the cabin.

Some have complained the opening is small but the whole glass section with the fixed panel towards the rear is great.

The electric operated blind is cool to!

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3 and Thundercliffe81
@Daggerit Yeah I can’t afford to tick all the boxes like I did on my current A4! Lol

Keyless would be good but I hear of far too many cars stolen when they have this feature.

Is the Sport diff really that good and worth it?

Reactions: Daggerit
@ScottishA4B9 I specced pretty much same as you and instead of sports diff went for adaptive suspension. The ride is immense ..,
Im not a hang on dear life round the corners kind of driver , so no use of the sports diff.. car is plenty capable enough already. But adaptive dampers Ibenefit from all day long ... thats the thing with options,., what is gonna get tonnes of use,

Reactions: scotty76, ScottishA4B9 and Thundercliffe81
Folding mirrors... good call too.

The driver assistance tour is great .. adaptive cruise and traffic jam assist is brilliant.

I also added parking pack.. not one I’d spec again , little or no use, ..

@Daggerit Yeah I can’t afford to tick all the boxes like I did on my current A4! Lol

Keyless would be good but I hear of far too many cars stolen when they have this feature.

I like having the sports diff because it really does help the feel out of corners comparing it to cars without. Coming off roundabouts for example, even then it feels like it’s pushing you out more than cars without.

Probably not a must have for most people but was enough of a difference for me to spec it personally.

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
Yep, I love a sunroof and adds some well needed light into the cabin.

Some have complained the opening is small but the whole glass section with the fixed panel towards the rear is great.

The electric operated blind is cool to!

Ah but I'm talking about the Saloon. I think that has a puny sunroof? I haven't had a sunroof for years and I'm considering it as I'd be going with the black S Sports seats plus carbon atlas. So a bit of light may be in order. But it does seem fairly small, certainly not a pano roof.

I'm one of the very few I think, that doesn't like the digital display. Prefer to see whats going on the old fashioned way!

My S4 Avant was pretty much fully loaded but most premium cars arrive in Australia that way, hence we pay quite a lot more compared to other countries.

Having had the car a month now, I’d rate the top 5 extras to have as follows:

1. Adaptive suspensions
2. Adaptive cruise control (assistance package)
3. Sports differential
4. Virtual cockpit
5. B&O sound system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: ScottishA4B9

Unsure if standard feature but on mine you can turn off auto door unlock which beefs up the security massively as those range extender things won't let them get in.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Not seen that in my setting so I think it might be either a RS4 feature or part of a newer firmware...

Folding mirrors... good call too.

The driver assistance tour is great .. adaptive cruise and traffic jam assist is brilliant.

I also added parking pack.. not one I’d spec again , little or no use, ..

ACC is literally the one thing I wouldn't be without after having it bundled on my last car in 2013. But it just shows how different all our tastes are - some will never want or need it. Foldy mirrors, definitely. Matrix lights are good, but (for me) not as much a must-have as I'd thought before.

I definitely miss a panoramic roof, not had one since 2010-13. All the extra natural light in the interior is fantastic.

Reactions: scotty76
20 days in and the virtual cockpit is now a gimmick, it’s on the long distance computer screen just in the middle 99% of the time now lol

I don’t spend enough time in the car for the wireless charging and extended signal to matter.

I don’t use Audi connect services

Won’t be speccing the tech pack on my next car, I’d rather try the comfort pack instead or put the money towards the bigger engine.

ACC will be on my next car
Any other options will be secondary. I could not have anticipated how useful it is until my wife got it on her Golf. I now miss it on my B8.5 S4. Would have been fantastic for my traffic stuffed commute.

Any idea if you can retro fit the carbon interior? Went for sliver as didn't like piano black in my old car and am regretting not spending the extra for carbon.

Must haves for me;

Sport diff
VC

Any idea if you can retro fit the carbon interior? Went for sliver as didn't like piano black in my old car and am regretting not spending the extra for carbon.

Must haves for me;

Sport diff
VC

Mine were removed when the car was getting wrapped (the ones on the doors at least) and if I remember correctly they can just be popped off with a trim removal tool and then replaced with the carbon ones. I don't know about the dash ones but I'd imagine that they'd likely just pop off too. :)

Must haves for me;

Sport diff
VC
Would imagine it can be. Sourcing might be an issue and I'd imagine it's horrendously expensive. Alternatively you could get your existing trims carbon dipped or wrapped. Probably won't look as good but in isolation will probably look OK.

I do like the reversing camera. Had on last car specced it on my new S4 Avant, helps with parking & reversing off my drive at night especially

Reactions: cuke2u
Storage pack a must for me!

In terms of changing the trim for carbon, having done this on my B8.5 S4 it’s expensive! I got some of the OEM trim with a discount but it still cost me £900!
As above the door trims are easy, the dash piece on the B9 looks difficult and on the B8 the whole centre console has to come out as the centre trim is fixed in from underneath so I recon B9 would be similar.

What’s ACC?

I haven’t tried any car with the Sports Diff. I’ve been looking at demonstrators for sale and most are basic spec. I’ve found a good spec one from a local dealership. But no demonstrators have the Sports Diff.

What’s ACC?

I haven’t tried any car with the Sports Diff. I’ve been looking at demonstrators for sale and most are basic spec. I’ve found a good spec one from a local dealership. But no demonstrators have the Sports Diff.
ACC - The central element of the Audi driver assistance systems is the adaptive cruise control with stop & go function, an automatic distance control system.

I didn’t test drive my S4 with Sport Diff but based on others feedback ticked the box, glad I did as the handling around any corners just inspires confidence and how it pulls and propels this big car around is amazing.

I understand others saying the standard set up is enough based on their driving style but for this type of car and for re-sale value I reckon the Diff is a big plus and one that buyers will look for.

Sports diff - essential
Adaptive dampers - essential
Keyless - essential
VC - essential
Piano black or carbon inlay - essential
B&O - essential
Matrix lights - essential
Metallic paint - essential
S4 only wheels - essential

Black pack - nice to have (i love it on floret)
Panoramic - nice to have (just starting to come into more use)
Red capliers - nice to have (I think it lifts the car a bit away from other slines)
Storage option - nice to have (forgot it on mine and it’s fine and the fronts seats look better without but would still add it)
Assistance - nice to have (I didn’t add it and don’t miss it)

Reactions: ScottishA4B9 and Riko0073
Good call on the above.

However inlays and wheels will be down to personal preference I guess but whilst on that subject then magma red interior is simply stunning and just adds the WOW factor to the inside of the car...again down to personal preference but so glad I spec’d on mine with the Daytona exterior and carbon inlays.

Nice to have. Most things
Essential. Nothing.

Just an opinion. But this whole decision is a personal thing. Try before you buy and all

Id go VC and folding mirrors as essentials.

The rest nice to have. Folding mirrors will look cheap compared to a new mirror when it gets smashed off... VC well... it’s VC and everyone will notice it car buff or not.