Musical Aptitude or Spoons???

28v6

Just Curious, Does anyone on here play a musical instrument of any sort, Flute, Recorder, Lead Guitar, Bass Guitar, Drums etc... Was it your choice and why?:thrashi:

I can play "3 blind mice" on the recorder

heres me and my boys after a fierce jamming session.
Im on the far left, Ive allways had the biggest one

Yep, I've been a drummer since I was 14 (18 years ago), and as much as I adore cars,...............I enjoy making music even more ;)

I also play a bit of guitar, bass, and piano/keyboards, but drums has always been my main instrument.

IMG_1012.jpg

IMG_1000.jpg

IMG_1002.jpg

IMG_1013.jpg

Dan Gliballs said:
Yep, I've been a drummer since I was 14 (18 years ago), and as much as I adore cars,...............I enjoy making music even more ;)

I also play a bit of guitar, bass, and piano/keyboards, but drums has always been my main instrument.

IMG_1012.jpg

IMG_1000.jpg

IMG_1002.jpg

IMG_1013.jpg

Nice bit of kit there, I probably can't play drums to save my life, but I'd sure give it a good go if the opportunity arise lol :rock:

jojo said:
Nice bit of kit there, I probably can't play drums to save my life, but I'd sure give it a good go if the opportunity arise lol :rock:

With the bits of teaching I've done, just about anybody can play a basic 4/4 rock beat after a few sessions ;)

Can you pat your head and rub your tummy?.....................it's THAT sort of thing, left brain/right brain.

People with a dodgy sense of timing can develop and improve it too.

Most people love drums, and EVERYBODY should try it at least once in their lives given the chance :)

I've got a guitar, haven't played it in probably 9 months though.

Was trying to teach myself but gave up... will get round to it again eventually.

Sadly I'm not very well orchestrated!!

Many moons ago I thought I'd mastered the 'wooden block' at junior school,,, only to be devastated when informed, by my more talented siblings, that my performance of Little Donkey at the school concert was, in fact, crap......

I'm a bit rough around the edges, but not inept in front of a keyboard; but to be honest it doesn't really matter too much because there are tools of the trade that help out :) Simply put, I can whack together a catchy little number with enough time in front of Cubase, but if I ever got asked to do a Live PA I'd probably be dead in the water!

Regards,

Rob.

EDIT: And sort of stretching the theme of us posting pictures of us playing our instruments... Here's a quick snap of the early tracking stages of my last project...

rotn-smp-test.jpg

Dan Gliballs said:

IMG_1012.jpg

IMG_1000.jpg

IMG_1002.jpg

IMG_1013.jpg

Hey DG! Nice Kit there, what type of music is it that you're into? It looks like yer in a band, going by the guy on the Fender in the background and a small 10amp Peavey...C'mon name the band?? You can tell us...:o.k: :photo: :rock:

28v6 said:
Hey DG! Nice Kit there, what type of music is it that you're into? It looks like yer in a band, going by the guy on the Fender in the background and a small 10amp Peavey...C'mon name the band?? You can tell us...:o.k: :photo: :rock:

10 amp Peavey?..........I presume that was a typo? :p That there Peavey is one of the loudest small lead amps I've ever heard :)

Yeah I've been in tons of bands over the years chap, probably 30+ all-in.

My main interest is in seventies/eighties rock (Purple/Zeppelin/Sabbath/Heep/Kansas/Rush/Whitesnake/UFO/Focus/Maiden etc etc etc), but I also love seventies funk (Parliament/Curtis Mayfield/Isaac Hayes etc etc).

I've PLAYED most other styles though, because gigs pay money after all ;) Done blues/death metal/soul/MOR/pop/americanized indie rock/british indie,......................anything apart from country & ****** western LOL!!

Rush cool band ..........listening to that in my car at the moment (exit stage left)

If you can play Rush you must be pretty good ...........one of the best drummer in the world play in Rush

Neil Peart is God in my house ;)

He's the player that got me into playing in 7/8 time signatures,................very addictive.

Got most Rush albums/DVD's here :rock:

Dan Gliballs said:
10 ....I also love seventies funk ......................quote]

Now thats what Im talking about!! :cool:

..do technics turntables count? Bit of a DJ here :music:

Just Plain Old said:
Sadly I'm not very well orchestrated!!

Many moons ago I thought I'd mastered the 'wooden block' at junior school,,, only to be devastated when informed, by my more talented siblings, that my performance of Little Donkey at the school concert was, in fact, crap......

ROFLPMSL..... It's a shame JPO 'cos if you'd have mastered this, you'd have moved on the triangle - Now there's a instrument to master