music interface for a6 with basic system

SoulKilla30

Reaction score
hi there, im new to the site.

I just got another audi, this time an a6 2.7L 2006, I think its got either basic or basic plus, don't know the difference.

anyways, what I want to do is have some sort of interface to link either my phone (iphone), USB or SD slot/s.

ive been reading some info about an item called AMI. however I don't think it fits my car. I could be wrong (and hope I am) but I think its only for the cars with sat nav of some sort, which mines does not.

if that is true, can anyone tell me if there is any way to get the AMI to work, or mod something somehow. as all I have is a CD player, not even a changer, and I like my music lol.

also is it possible to upgrade from the basic to the sav nav setup (think its called MMI high)? guessing I would need to buy a new bigger screen, DVD rom, centre console part etc, but is there info on how to do it etc.

any info would be greatly appreciated.

Your best option is the Dension Gateway 500 for MMI Basic or Basic plus.

For the upgrade to High, you would need the following hardware High-res screen, control head, radio module, DVD Navigation drive, Wiring harneses (kufatec). Unless you can make your own harness then it's not worth it.

Whats the difference between basic and basic plus I've got no satnav a and a single cd player ??

Thank you b5nut,

Do you know a place that would sell all them items? More then happy to fit them myself as I like that sort of thing.

Also anyone know how I can tell if I have the basic or the plus?

From what I've read so far there's a basic, basic plus, and basic plus + nav,

Also cheers for the link, however I should of been clearer, I ment do you know if anyone sells the items you posted, I.e. The screen, harness, etc to make it into a high system, apart from Audi lol,