multitronic gearbox service

mully1

Reaction score
Hello
All you guru's here's one for you, i own a a6 mutitronic on an 08 plate is there a way i can find out if my gearbox can be serviced as i have been told that some are sealed for life.

Cheers in anticipation

AFIAK all multitronics have oil changed every 40k miles....

Multitronic

Check in your service log or enquire at dealer... looking at your past posts you viewed a 2.0 TDi 2006 so I'm assuming you bought a 2.0 TDi 2008?

Thanks for that. Yes i did buy a 2008 tdi sline multutronic,thanks again

Just to add some clarity, it is the Tiptronic boxes (i.e. traditional auto on the quattro models) that are "sealed for life".

I have a tiptronic box... Audi suggest that but ZF the manufacturers/mechanics/enthusiasts still change...

I had mine done at 75k... if I'd owned car from new then IIRC ZF recommend every 40k...

More info...

Link 1:- audipages A8 Automatic Transmission Servicing

Link 2:- Tiptronic ATF, transmission fluid change/flush - Articles

Setup for gearbox in A6 is pretty similar to above links... from what I read somewhere the Tiptronic in the A6 was derived from one used in the A8...

Link 3:- Tiptronic oil change !!

I had tip oil changed when chain rattle fixed... most enthusiast seem to be getting it done from posts I've seen...

If you do a google for ZF 6HP19 or Audi 09L there are plenty of PDF's with good data...

2012_07250367_zps6fa2c67e.jpg

I have a 2008 2.7tdi Quattro Le-Mans and have just had a service close to 40,000mls. Initially my dealer said the Tiptronic transmition oil should be changed but then they changed their mind and said it was sealed for life.

Thanks all,:wacko: looks like a main dealer visit will be needed