Multitronic code compatibility. broken box!

ashley7715

Reaction score
Help needed please.

I have an Audi A4 2.0 tdi 2006 7 speed multitronic gearbox code GYZ it has 129k miles on the clock. It has been diagnosed with 2 faults there is no drive (it made a horrible noise when it went on the motorway) and the ECU is intermittently faulty.

I have sourced a low miliage 2008 gearbox with ECU from the same car and model and trim!...but the gearbox code is KTS is this compatible if not can I make it fit and work, even if I have to get a new ECU from the stealers reprogrammed.
Any help would be good please?

Thanks in advance,
Ashley

All I have taken a punt and bought the gearbox and ECU the car was at inde tech in Milton Keys. They have fitted the box but couldnt confirm if it would work or not before hand. Got a call yesterday to say its all working a simple bolt in job im over the moon. Total cost £1050 for gearbox and ECU + fitting £550 great. Could have been total cost for ECU and Box £3600 so I have saved alot and the box is a 7 clutch 6000miles box. Very happy for taking a punt.
Audi not helpful considering it was a 30k car just over 3 years ago.
Why dont Audi sort this out morrel of the story is dont buy a 2wd auto audi I wont again.

PS Inde-tech have been brilliant and done what Ive asked at a reasonable price highly recommended.

Sorry i didn't answer before but i don't know much about the multitronic box.

About the only thing i do know is the 7 clutch version is the upgraded one, it was the 6 clutch one that played up

Hi Mark
It was the 7 clutch version that broke nightmare gearboxes but still I love the Audi brand must remember quattro next time.