1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi-function sterring wheel change

h5djr Feb 22, 2009

1. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Gold Supporter quattro Audi A3

I have just ordered a new Sportback with SE spec. The only part of the Sport spec that I prefer to the SE spec is the 3-spoke MF steering wheel as opposed to the 4-spoke MF steering wheel on the SE spec.

Does anyone know if the two would be a straight swop and if so, any idea of the cost of the current 3-spoke design. Don't worry I shall be sitting down if any one gives me the price!!!

2. V6Pete

V6Pete Now running on Bentley's y'all

3. Issac Hunt

Issac Hunt Active Member VCDS Map User

If you dont need the airbag (I think they are the same from memory) then there are loads on Ebay.

I sold mine for £200.

4. h5djr

I assume the airbag would be interchangable. One thing I do need is one with the DSG/S-tronic paddles.

5. Issac Hunt

Issac Hunt Active Member VCDS Map User

Depending on your time scales, I will have another for sale in the coming few months as soon as I can track down an RS6 steering wheel.

6. h5djr

Keep me posted as I may well be interested.

My dealer has just checked with Audi UK and they tell him he cannot order an SE with the Sport 3-spoke MF wheel so it looks like I shall shall have to change it myself.

Is it just a straight swap or do any other changes need to be made and are the air bags interchangable.

7. h5djr

Out of interest I've spoken to the parts department at my dealers and got the following prices for the 3-spoke MF steering wheel.

The actual 3-spoke MF steering wheel = £412

The air-bag unit = £528.

8. HotboxDeluxe

HotboxDeluxe automatic

Yowza...most of my cars didn't cost that much :faint:

9. h5djr

Further investigation tells me that although it would be a straight swap, it would need both a new steering wheel and a new airbag. Perhaps I'll just grow to link the 4-spoke instead!!

10. HotboxDeluxe

HotboxDeluxe automatic

I'd make myself like the 4-spoke jobby if the alternative was nearly a grand...yikes