1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi-function Steering Wheel

Discussion in 'General Technical / How To' started by White220, Sep 15, 2007.

1. White220

White220 White 220

Ladies and Gents,

Does anyone have audis dictionary definition if the Multi part of Multi function.

My steering wheel can do two things volume or skip (track or Radio stations)

Is it the case that I made a serious mistake in not ordering the Bluetooth hands free?

Can I do anything to have the audi verision retro fitted? I don't really want to spoil the dash with a parot but if it is the only way then so be it!

Any thoughts?
  2. s8craig

s8craig Active Member

If the genuine Audi BT kit is retrofitted, then yes the mode button works as a swap between TEL and CD or RADIO, the voice control button will also work on the right hand side.
  3. White220

White220 White 220

So the Audi part can be retro fitted. That is good to know, the price on your site seems quite steep might consider an £80 Parot. But all those buttons doing nothing seems unfair!

Decisions decisions!

If you let me know the RRP for the kit for doing the Audi one I'll give it some thought.
  4. s8craig

s8craig Active Member

I think the AUdi retrofit priices are teh same across the UK with the 4 companies I know that do this.

The module is around £230 to buy alone, £70 for the mic, so whats left after the antenna and loom plus fitting?