1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi-Function Steering Wheel Retrofit to Audi A3

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by fesss_84, Dec 3, 2007.

1. fesss_84

fesss_84 Sylar

Hi Ladies & Gents

Im looking to fit an MFSW to my A3, currently its just a normal SW. is ths possible, is the airbag the same in both of them ??

Thanks
  2. marms

marms Member

There are several versions of the MFSW and airbag so a direct swap cannot be guaranteed. If you order a wheel from a dealer then obviously they can order the correct wheel with the Multi-function. If you are buying from eBay / secondhand then you need to be careful.

You may also need a new steering wheel control module ( you may already have the correct one if you have RNS-e and/or Cruise factory fitted) and you will also need the lead for the buttons on the new wheel.(unless you have DSG then you will already have the cable).

I actually just noticed you signature. As you have Cruise then you should already have the module. You will obviously also need access to VAG-COM to do the necessary coding.

There really are load and loads of part numbers listed for the wheel so I would get the correct part number for a dealer and then keep an eye out on eBay as the come up quite often (especially on German eBay, which is where I got mine).

Hope that helps.
  3. JohnS3

JohnS3 Active Member

There's two flat bottomed wheels on now. Item numbers 300178563111 & 200180384281 both with airbags.
  4. fesss_84

fesss_84 Sylar

cheers guys,

john iv checked those 2 items, 1 of them from austria (S-Line), and the otherwise is from germany but it is dsg (paddles). so i dont they r the correct versio steering wheel for my car.. is there anyway i can check which steering wheel will fit my car?? apart from using vag com, as i dont have access to it personally
  5. fesss_84

fesss_84 Sylar

john mate iv just read your signature and iv got a few questions for u ,

did u get the flat tyre indicator as standard on your car???? can this be fitted to cars which dont have it?? and, does electric lumbar mean electric seats??
  6. fesss_84

fesss_84 Sylar

OMG iv just proof read my posts, and i think its about time i started to do that more often. im typing words with letters missing and even wrong words altogether, sorry if u guys find it hard understanding what im sayin..
  7. JohnS3

JohnS3 Active Member

I'd double check with the dealer parts dept just to be sure.
  8. fesss_84

fesss_84 Sylar

john do u work for audi by any chance???? because iv recently fitted some new bulbs into my car headlights, but i cant get them straight....iv got abit of a heavy hand, and i dont want to fiddle with it because ill end up forcing it and breaking the clips like i did my old car.

i also contacted Phil, he was sound. im abit broke for cash because of the x-mas season but next pay day my cars going straight to him for upgrades.

john where about in yorkshire are u from???? yorkshire is a HUGGGGE area, i gather your from around teesside
  9. JohnS3

JohnS3 Active Member

The flat tyre indicator was factory fitted, I think it was £45 so I thought why not!! It can indeed be retrofitted

Electric seats? I wish, it's just the lumbar support at the base of the seat which goes up/down/in and out.
  10. JohnS3

JohnS3 Active Member

Work for Audi, no not me. Never had the headlight bulbs out so I can't help you there. I think you might have me confused with JamS3 (Jamie) who is from Teeside.