1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mudflaps On 1.8T 97 B5

bigdog23 Mar 27, 2013

1. bigdog23

bigdog23 New Member

image.jpg I recently purchased 4 mudflaps from eBay to put on my 1.8T but they do not fit, there is nowhere on any of the arches to screw flat part of the mudflaps on. I just wondered is there a particular name of design or shaped mudflap to buy as you don't know until you buy whether it fits or not?
    I know some of you will probably say don't put mudflaps on a model that originally didn't have them, but I've always thought if you get the right mudflap they can finish off a car well.

More is there a method of attaching these flaps to the car by buying an attachment?
    thanks guys

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  2. Nessy

Nessy VW + Audi mad

I've always fitted Genuine Accessory mudflaps which fit like a glove (first my 80 Avant and now the A4), there are so many variations with model years etc that fitting generic ones seemed like a recipe for disaster.
    The front ones on my car have sort of rubber mounting flanges built-into the flap and are held onto the car using very stout 'C' shaped spring steel clips, the rears have a combination of clips/screws IIRC, it was a long time ago now!
    Sorry not to have any more positive news, but I'd go Genuine.

bigdog23 likes this.
  3. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Audi A6

You can no longer buy the Genuine flaps, I've got found a new set for the front now searching for the rears.

4. Nessy

Nessy VW + Audi mad

What a pain, I bought mine just after purchasing my A4 in 2005.
    I'd have thought Audi would've supported these older models for a bit longer, obviously not........