Mud Flaps for 2012 s line A3

bankieal

Reaction score
Hi does anyone know if you can get a set of mud flaps for an A3 s line from an Audi dealership. Glasgow Area

I've always wondered what the idea of these are. They are always listed as an accessory item, so why not standard or option on a new car if of any use? Just wondering

I like them on my cars , they protect the underside of the vehicle.
I agree you should get the option of them on new cars.
I just got my car yesterday and have read a few posts saying you cannot get a genuine Audi set

Audi do not make mudflaps for the S-Line because it has the sill covers. It's very much the same for all manufacturers who have the these covers fitted.

Reactions: dieseldoug
Audi do not make mudflaps for the S-Line because it has the sill covers. It's very much the same for all manufacturers who have the these covers fitted.

Spot on..........

Plus the fact that most manufacturers do not expect a car with a body kit have actually require mudflaps...

Reactions: dieseldoug
Cuke?? I don't understand why you say that?
I have an S Line and I'd love mudflaps! Where I live the roads are always covered in mud and it would help a lot.

thought I saw an "accessories" tab in the configurator for the New A3 the other day, where you can order the little extras with your new car, no?

Cuke?? I don't understand why you say that?
I have an S Line and I'd love mudflaps! Where I live the roads are always covered in mud and it would help a lot.

Mudflaps and a sport's bodykit aren't really the done thing....

Reactions: Adriansev
As I have said in a previous thread about this, I had an A3 8P S-Line Quattro and according to Audi they didn't make mud flaps for the S-Line, however I fitted the standard ones with no problems at all and they fitted perfectly!! So the standard ones for the 8V might and i say might be worth a try!!

As I have said in a previous thread about this, I had an A3 8P S-Line Quattro and according to Audi they didn't make mud flaps for the S-Line, however I fitted the standard ones with no problems at all and they fitted perfectly!! So the standard ones for the 8V might and i say might be worth a try!!

Hopefully someone will...

Reactions: Andy1608
Has anyone tried to see if the current 8V mud flaps will fit an S Line? Or has anybody fitted some other non Audi mud Flaps?

I bought my wife some mud flaps as a birthday gift for her new Black Golf Gti (Red I) in 2000..

After all the aggro I decided never to give romantic gifts again. Just give her a Halfords catalogue and she can choose her own ;-)

Seriously I don't think they look that great on cars these days and given the protection don't bother on the S3.

Reactions: h5djr
Has anyone tried to see if the current 8V mud flaps will fit an S Line? Or has anybody fitted some other non Audi mud Flaps?
Just want to make anyone considering fitting mud flaps aware - I went to fit mud flaps to the A3 SE my wife has. The genuine Audi mud flaps bought from the dealer, didn't look quite right at the rear. So I took photos and contacted the dealer. We were supplied rear mud flaps for a 3 door car. The 5 door versions are different, for the rear.

Note: fitting mud flaps involves drilling into the car. Not for the faint hearted.

A few years ago, a photo of the road we live on was in the local paper, discussing how much mud was on it. One time I asked my wife to please tell me which stage of the Circuit of Ireland Rally she had just been on? As I was just about to wash her car it looked like she had been driving through a field. If you meet a lorry/tractor on our roads the left tyres usually have to go on the muddy verge. So regardless of how they look we need mud flaps to help protect our cars and keep them a little bit cleaner. And I still had to buy a pressure washer to remove the mud and cow crap off our cars before washing.

Last edited:
I've ordered an s-line and opted for mudflaps, didn't seem to be an issue. Will let you know how they turn out!
The mud flaps cost around £82. How much are they charging to fit them? Our dealer was looking £170 fitted. Though I can see now that it is more complicated than I thought it would be from looking at other cars.

Dealer won't fit mud flaps to s-line as they say they don't fit, they will but only with modification to the shape. You do have to drill some holes but only into plastic wheel arch liners not into metal of bodywork. See my other post for pictures.