1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Muc Off Cleaning Products

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by squiretolley, Mar 29, 2013.

1. squiretolley

squiretolley Active Member

[Mar 29, 2013]
    Hello All,

Im sure most of you will want to keep your new cars looking new, so thought you might be interested to hear that Screwfix have some good discounts on the Muc Off range.

All of their products get really good reviews from users and professionals and I've just ordered about £30 worth, that would have cost double if I'd have gone to Halfords.

Ashley
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. frazzeld

frazzeld Member

[Mar 29, 2013]
    Can you provide details of what you've ordered....I've not really done anything other than go through the hand wash "car washes" on my previous cars....and i'd like to keep this one really clean and with a top shine, I bought one of those Life Shine kits from ebay £6 not used it yet due to weather
  4. squiretolley

[Mar 29, 2013]
    I normally use the hand car wash places too, but I'm a little precious about my cars and will probably was this one myself for the first year at least!

Ive ordered the following:

- Muc Off car and van care kit, which consists of 1ltr of ubershine shampoo, 1ltr of wheel cleaner, 1ltr of detailing wax, wheel brush, microfibre polishing cloth and microfibre wash mitt. £17.49 inc VAT.

- Muc Off glass cleaner. £3.99

- Extra 1ltr of Muc Off ubershine shampoo. £4.99.

All of the above gets great reviews and I reckon would cost at least double at the likes of Halfords.
  5. MiT

MiT Work Hard, Play harder!!

[Mar 29, 2013]
  6. viperfire

viperfire Member

[Mar 29, 2013]
    17.49 for all that is really good value
  7. squiretolley

[Mar 29, 2013]
    Tell me about it...found the slightly newer repackaged kit on Muc Offs website for £50!
  8. Vertigo1

Vertigo1 Well-Known Member

[Mar 29, 2013]
    The most important thing is to avoid getting swirlmarks in the clearcoat - the ones that build up over time and give that "crazed" look when the sun shines on them, especially on darker coloured cars.

Forget sponges. Wool mitts, dual buckets with grit-guards and no hard pressure whilst washing :)
    MiT likes this.