1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MTM Mov'it v's AMD Brembo brakes

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by AndyS3, Jun 6, 2003.

1. AndyS3

AndyS3 Member

[Jun 6, 2003]
    How do u think these brakes compare, do u think that the Mov'it brakes are worth the extra £800

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 29, 2014]

3. simont

simont Member

[Jun 6, 2003]
    the movits are probably worth the extra if you do lots of track days as the Movits (similar to the porsche 993 tt kit) will offer better fade resistance. IIRC the AMD brembo kit has smaller calipers (like mine) and doesn't use the drilled discs.
  4. Thorneyold

Thorneyold Member

[Jun 6, 2003]
    Not sure if its diff on the S3 but Movit and AMD brakes are both made by Brembo and are the same calipers and same disks....unless I'm wrong. But on my TT there were identical.
  5. AndyS3

AndyS3 Member

[Jun 6, 2003]
    Well is the mov'it a better disk/caliper ie. made from better materials or are u saying that the brembo and movit disc/caliper are basicly the same and they are charging twice as much for the mov'it.
  6. DuncS3

DuncS3 Member

[Jun 7, 2003]
    depends what Brembo brakes you are referring too - the Porsche ones (same as Movits) or the Brembo brakes that come from the Cupra R, which the TT Forum had a group buy on recently? All are four pot, but as Simon says the Porsche/Movit ones use drilled disc and a slightly bigger caliper

All made by Brembo though

Dunc
  7. Administrators

Administrators Administrator Staff Member Administrator

[Jun 7, 2003]
    [ QUOTE ]
    simont said:
    the movits are probably worth the extra if you do lots of track days as the Movits (similar to the porsche 993 tt kit) will offer better fade resistance. IIRC the AMD brembo kit has smaller calipers (like mine) and doesn't use the drilled discs.

[/ QUOTE ]

[​IMG]

Simon, looks drilled to me!
    I'm using these on my Golf at the moment and haven't even seen the slighest bit of fade yet!

We do however offer a similar upgrade to the movits, have a look here and compare
  8. AndyS3

AndyS3 Member

[Jun 7, 2003]
    Ahh well that answers my question the AMD Brembo disks dont compare to the mov'its if you are offering another disk to rival the mov'it disk.

How much are the Porsche 993 bi-turbo discs + Calipers for For 16/17" rims with minimum 365mm ID
  9. Administrators

Administrators Administrator Staff Member Administrator

[Jun 7, 2003]
    At the spec you're looking at it would be £1475 +VAT +Fitting
  10. simont

simont Member

[Jun 7, 2003]
    Sorry forgot that the brembo kit offered the drilled - i've got the grooved. IIRC, the brembo disc offered by AMD is 28mm and is a single piece unit compared to the movit/porsche discs which are drilled 2 piece floating bell design with 32mm thickness