1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MTM Maps and Warranty

PaulAr Feb 14, 2012

1. PaulAr

PaulAr S3 (8P)

I have read on here that MTM maps are covered under warranty, is this on a dealership level only or do AUDI honour their warranty?

Also, do they give big gains and how much are they these days?

cheers
    Paul

2. warren_S5

warren_S5 Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

£600 (down from £1000 when I bought mine in 2007).

Dealers say its covered, basically dealers like Glasgow Audi will sell you an MTM mapped car and turn a blind eye. If anything serious went wrong you'd still be ****tered.

To be honest if you go with any reputable mapping company they can sort 'things' out if things go Pete Tong so you can return to dealers without egg on your chops.

3. PaulAr

PaulAr S3 (8P)

Thought as much.
    Teflon suits at the ready.

cheers
    Paul

4. ABYSS

ABYSS Andrew - Diesel Tuning UK Site Sponsor Black Edition S3 Saloon Team Ara Blue

Paul,

Ive just sent you an email as it maybe worth having a word with H about the warranty implications, as a lot of it depends on what the dealer decides to see, or not see ;)

5. Ads

Ads License to drive

Some tuners also offer a supplement warranty, so if Audi won't carry out repairs under warranty because they smell a remap then the tuner will fix it for you. How well, I don't know, but they will "fix" it.

6. PaulAr

PaulAr S3 (8P)

Got it mate, cheers:icon_thumright:

7. lil_coz

lil_coz Active Member

Speak to your dealer mate. I've gone for MTM and officially, they can't. But they will look after you. I was open with my dealership and told them I was going MTM and also mentioned that Glasgow Audi offer warranty and if they could do they same and they said yes in the end.