MTM - Flash or ECU Swap?

mjair

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm new here. Michael's my name - from Australia. I've got an S3 currently on the boat due to get into Sydney at the end of September.

I've seen a few guys around here have gone MTM. Can anyone tell me how the tune was done - did you have to get a new ECU put in or did they flash it? The dealer here in Oz sends off your ECU to Germany which sounds a bit extreme in the days of flash tuning.

Cheers,
Michael

G'day Michael,you could get your S3 revoed like I have and they install software onto your ECU giving it 260 bhp
this place seems local to you
Eurocar Driver Australia and New Zealand
Avaya House
Level 9
North Ryde, Sydney 2113
Australia
Phone: +61 2 8875 7880
Toll Free: 1300 55 90 45
Fax Number: +61 2 8875 7777

Hey, thanks for the heads up on Revo.

Sorry guys, I think I posted this in the wrong S3 section - computer illiterate I am :)

If you have the MTM option then go for it. Believe me the MTM remap will be FAR better than Revo.

Revo is like the budget/economy brand of nasty remapping, and MTM is a far better product.

/awaits comments form Revo owners who havent ever had a different brand remap so actually have no idea...

I've got an MTM programme in mine, and as far as I'm aware, it is a flash onto the existing ECU, which is optimised whilst the car is on the rolling road - i.e. a tailored map for my particular car. I ended up (together with a Milltek cat back exhaust at the same time) with 261bhp and 311 lb/ft from my AMK engined S3.

Dave_Bayern said:
If you have the MTM option then go for it. Believe me the MTM remap will be FAR better than Revo.

Revo is like the budget/economy brand of nasty remapping, and MTM is a far better product.

/awaits comments form Revo owners who havent ever had a different brand remap so actually have no idea...

**** OFF Revo are the bestest in the world..ever

Glad to oblige you Dave