1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MRC S3 Tuning

Discussion in 'Tuning' started by Gavin Cooper, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Gavin Cooper

Gavin Cooper More power captain

[Sep 17, 2006]
    Having heard loads of good reports about MRC and seen as though I'm wanting a big turbo upgrade would you guys consider spending 6-7k on a rebuild with them? Bearing in mind it's done 80k miles...or would it be sensible to just buy a new car :sadlike:

?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 20, 2014]

3. Olly_K

Olly_K Administrator

[Sep 17, 2006]
    MRC are good, likewise with AmD, I'd say deffo go with the hybrid, you wont find a new car with that sort of power tbh :)
  4. ChriS3

ChriS3 hud at ye bam

[Sep 18, 2006]
    MRC have got themselves a good reputation already. Not been around too long, and they're already mobbed with work.

I just had a big turbo fitted to my car, but I only paid £3.8k. I had Star Performance install an ATP Eliminator, injectors, ATP TIP and airfilter, Apexi boost controller, plus Star's custom mapping. I already had the Forge FMIC and Supersprint exhaust, but I also added Milltek 200cell cats (an additional £875). It ran fine on the standard cats, but I'd fry them eventually.

With the more expensive kits you get more custom parts. The question is, do you really need them? My S3 chugs out a healthy 333bhp, nuff said.
  5. jcb

jcb Active Member VCDS Map User

[Sep 18, 2006]
    6-7k is a lot of wedge to throw at an engine, what exactly do you have planned?
  6. Gavin Cooper

[Sep 18, 2006]
    Thanks for the advice guys. definately something i'm gonna look in to. for big power gains are they the best? btw excuse the dumb nature of my q's - this is new to me!
  7. Gavin Cooper

[Sep 18, 2006]
    jcb - i really like the car but want MORE POWER nearly got overtaken by a 5 series BMW Diesel on the m5 today!

i figuered 5-7k would gt a decent hybrid turbo upgrade plus all other bits needed.
  8. mad max

mad max sixth gear

[Sep 21, 2006]
    had my car remapped there recently really good outfit would recommend them they have a good reputation and all the s4 and rs4 boys take ther cars to them.
  9. whisky180

whisky180 Member

[Sep 21, 2006]
    would definately recommend mrc, they have just finished a 470bhp hybrid turbo conversion to mine, as for mileage audis are good for easily double that mileage as long as they are properly maintained
  10. jcb

jcb Active Member VCDS Map User

[Sep 22, 2006]
    If you have £6k to spend you could have a 400bhp monster on your hands if you wanted it, just get your brakes changed first!
    £3-4 gets you a nice BT upgrade and a custom remap, if you can do some fitting work yourself you will keep it even lower (labour is the priciest commodity!)
    plenty to choose from. (GT28xx, IHI's, T3/T4 hybrids etc etc)
    Make sure your engine has a health check before you start demanding more from it.
  11. Gavin Cooper

[Sep 22, 2006]
    thanks guys. good info.

re: health check what would you recommend? apart from VAG COM would it be a visit to the dealer:scared2: or my local independent or mrc/star/jabba before they do the work?
  12. whisky180

whisky180 Member

[Sep 26, 2006]
    before mrc did any work on mine they healthchecked it