MRC Chip, Generic or Custom?

Charlies604

Reaction score
Hi guys, well Iv got the money for my remap, well £450 of it...

Its enuff for a generic chip, finding the other 50 shouldnt be tooo hard for the custom!!

Robert Cockings aint replying much.... any1 know why?

Doug @ MRC has replied with some good info tho.

Which should i go for?

Is it worth the extra £100 for the custom?

They seem to be the only people able to chip my car! But hopefully ill see good results!

Cheers all,

Charlie.

MRC are not the only ppl who could chip your car. Others include the likes of Jabbasport, AMD, Superchips etc etc.
For the extra £100 I would go for the custom remap as every car is different and this will achieve the best results. You will also get the chance to see your car on the rolling road.

I would suggest phoning Robert Cockings and ask to speak to Tom. Like I mentioned before his partner has a MRC tuned A4 which is putting out over 200bhp.

depends really on how the custom map is tweaked.. is it on the road or on rollers?

plus ask yourself:

will you run pure 97+ octane petrol afterwards?
do you intend to install a FMIC so it doesn't turn to $hit once a bit of warm weather rears its head?

Well MRC do it on the road....

Not bothered about what fuel i have to run it on....

FMIC is a poss.

Jabba cant do it, already asked.

AMD is a lot more! And a looong way to travel!

Arrghhh Back to MRC then!

Nowhere else can do it whilst i wait!

Shame there closed this sunday when i head up to Birmingham!

Grrrrr

Hi Charlie,
I have had an MRC custom remap since June and it's been fantastic (Currently 326bhp). Yes they did mine on the road which can get a bit hairy as you have to go through all of the gears to red line in order for Mihnea to analyse how your car is set up and to optimise things like fuel mixture, air flow etc. He will identify things like a faulty MAF or DV's and sometimes carries spares if yours are faulty and can also see if the fuel you are using is up to scratch. Make sure you have some decent open (safe) roads and be careful of the fuzz. He and Doug are great guys and will not stop tinkering with your car until both you and them are 100% happy with the car. They chipped 3 cars the day they did mine and it took them until midnight to complet them all. Not due to their knowledge but they were not entirely happy with a one of the guys results.
I highly recommend using them.
Have a look on www.rs246.com as there are plenty of posts about them on there and all very positive.
They also have a base in Banbury so if you're nearby they may even be able to put it on the rolling road.

Well... its done!!

Generic chip, 195BHP....

didnt take tooo long,

and tested it on the road with doug... 3rd gear gets interesting a 6.5K!

Ahhhhh... ITS AWESOME! hehe
I thought and extra 3rd of power would feel good.
But the delivery is fantastic!
Absolutly blooody fantastic!

Pinned in the seat til well over 4.5k take it to 3k, and pin it! wooo its good!

Didnt think a car of its size would feel that good with only 200bhp.

Right, off to burn optimax!

Done 300 miles already! hehe

Glad it went well. Night and day between chipped and non-chipped.