Facelift MRC booked

billymc92

Kyalami Green Vorsprung- Sportback
Reaction score
Not even got my car yet and that’s me booked in for MRC tuning in February. Long way from Edinburgh but heard it’s worth it so look forward to it.

Reactions: L1ARR, FBF01 and Callum66
Are you planning a stage 1 remap or something more?

Not even got my car yet and that’s me booked in for MRC tuning in February. Long way from Edinburgh but heard it’s worth it so look forward to it.

Ahhhhh an Edinburgh man as well!!!! Nice. Have to hear how you get on. How much is that setting you back, 700/800?

Collect March myself and tempted by MRC as well or perhaps slightly more local like Eco Tune through in Glasgow.

i am also tempted by MRC but holding out to see what the APR figures as ecotune is not far from me at all.

Reactions: FBF01
Not worried about warranty?!

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Ahhhhh an Edinburgh man as well!!!! Nice. Have to hear how you get on. How much is that setting you back, 700/800?

Collect March myself and tempted by MRC as well or perhaps slightly more local like Eco Tune through in Glasgow.

Where about are you from yourself mate? Yeah I’ll be sure to make a thread once I get it done. It’s usually £750 for tune and £300 for s tronic but because I booked on Black Friday I’m getting it for £850. Well I was thinking APR as I believe autohouse in loanhead do APR and that’s only 10 minutes from my house but I’ve heard wonders about MRC and will enjoy the drive back home.

Where about are you from yourself mate? Yeah I’ll be sure to make a thread once I get it done. It’s usually £750 for tune and £300 for s tronic but because I booked on Black Friday I’m getting it for £850. Well I was thinking APR as I believe autohouse in loanhead do APR and that’s only 10 minutes from my house but I’ve heard wonders about MRC and will enjoy the drive back home.

Ha, very close to you, I’m in Eskbank.

Not cheap, but with that decent discount it will be worth every penny i’d imagine! Reviews on MRC are superb, so going to the right place for sure, even if it is quite the treck.

Had looked at Autohaus too with the Golf R a while back but the guy on the phone was a bit odd and was actually putting me off the remap going on about warranty. Do you want the business or not?! Ended up getting a tuning box instead.

Reactions: billymc92
Ha, very close to you, I’m in Eskbank.

Not cheap, but with that decent discount it will be worth every penny i’d imagine! Reviews on MRC are superb, so going to the right place for sure, even if it is quite the treck.

Had looked at Autohaus too with the Golf R a while back but the guy on the phone was a bit odd and was actually putting me off the remap going on about warranty. Do you want the business or not?! Ended up getting a tuning box instead.

I’m at Joppa just next to Musselburgh. Yeah once I get it done I’m more than happy to take you out a spin to let you see what it’s like, you could even take a shot. Have you gone for a sportback or a saloon. Will be good to see another one about. I can’t imagine there will be many FL about our area. I think I’ve on seen about 3 or 4 PFL. Have you got any plans what you think you’ll do to yours. I had also pre ordered a full miltek system on the Black Friday deal with the 15% off but now don’t think I’ll bother as heard bad reviews about miltek so now I’m a situation where I’m not sure what exhaust and downpipe to get ect.

Last edited:
yeah mate just stage one to start. Then I’ll start adding other mods bit by bit then maybe eventually get stage 2

I'm a bit north of you but thinking of doing something similar when mine arrives in March. Please keep us updated.

I’m at Joppa just next to Musselburgh. Yeah once I get it done I’m more than happy to take you out a spin to let you see what it’s like, you could even take a shot. Have you gone for a sportback or a saloon. Will be good to see another one about. I can’t imagine there will be many FL about our area. I think I’ve on seen about 3 or 4 PFL. Have you got any plans what you think you’ll do to yours. I had also pre ordered a full miltek system on the Black Friday deal with the 15% off but now don’t think I’ll bother as heard bad reviews about miltek so now I’m a situation where I’m not sure what exhaust and downpipe to get ect.

Superb, keen for a little comparison run for sure! No slouch as standard, but tuned the RS is going to be blisteringly quick.

Gone for the Sportback, full spec in my signature. Judging by your avatar, have you gone for Sportback in Ara?

I keep an eye out all the time and never see any. There’s a black pre fl floating about Liberton/Gilmerton that I see, other than that, don’t see any.

Ordered sports exhaust so be keeping it standard other than maybe adding a downpipe and tinkering with the exhaust flaps. Spacers, lowered, black Audi badges given I’ve got for Nardo and a tune....about it :) Yourself?

Superb, keen for a little comparison run for sure! No slouch as standard, but tuned the RS is going to be blisteringly quick.

Gone for the Sportback, full spec in my signature. Judging by your avatar, have you gone for Sportback in Ara?

I keep an eye out all the time and never see any. There’s a black pre fl floating about Liberton/Gilmerton that I see, other than that, don’t see any.

Ordered sports exhaust so be keeping it standard other than maybe adding a downpipe and tinkering with the exhaust flaps. Spacers, lowered, black Audi badges given I’ve got for Nardo and a tune....about it :) Yourself?

Nice spec. Look forward to seeing it.

Yeah sportback in ara blue. Black pack, black wheels. Panoramic roof. Rs design pack. Folding mirrors. High beam assist. Magnetic ride. Comfort and side pack. Sports seat with red stitching. Red brake calipers. Didn’t bother speccing the sports exhaust as I plan on getting a full aftermarket system. Going to get MSS springs. New set of wheels. Getting tints as soon as I get my car and going to get the inlays wrapped in carbon which is a lot cheaper than getting the real things

Nice spec. Look forward to seeing it.

Yeah sportback in ara blue. Black pack, black wheels. Panoramic roof. Rs design pack. Folding mirrors. High beam assist. Magnetic ride. Comfort and side pack. Sports seat with red stitching. Red brake calipers. Didn’t bother speccing the sports exhaust as I plan on getting a full aftermarket system. Going to get MSS springs. New set of wheels. Getting tints as soon as I get my car and going to get the inlays wrapped in carbon which is a lot cheaper than getting the real things

Yeh, sorry, getting tints too! Collect from Audi Stirling and the company I’ve used for my last 4 cars are right round the corner, so will have them tint the windows before collection. Tempted to get an ever somsligjt tint on the front windows...illegal yes but we loads of people that have it.

Yeh decent spec, wanted pan roof too but wanted to stick to a budget! Your spec sounds bang on, especially with the design pack and red stitching on super sport seats.

Looked at the MSS springs also, but seem expensive, like 500 quid for springs alone then your easily a further 300/400 for fitting and alignment!!!

I had also pre ordered a full miltek system on the Black Friday deal with the 15% off but now don’t think I’ll bother as heard bad reviews about miltek so now I’m a situation where I’m not sure what exhaust and downpipe to get ect.

Milltek don’t have an exhaust solution for the facelift cars as far as I’m aware. There are no options for downpipes other than Iroz Motorsports downpipe but that’s an expensive option when considering shipping and import charges.

Milltek don’t have an exhaust solution for the facelift cars as far as I’m aware. There are no options for downpipes other than Iroz Motorsports downpipe but that’s an expensive option when considering shipping and import charges.

Well car isn’t coming till March and not about to spend 100 plus on shipping and import charges for an already 500/550 downpipe plus fitting. Scorpion will bring something out next year I’m hoping, or even BCS

Yeh, sorry, getting tints too! Collect from Audi Stirling and the company I’ve used for my last 4 cars are right round the corner, so will have them tint the windows before collection. Tempted to get an ever somsligjt tint on the front windows...illegal yes but we loads of people that have it.

Yeh decent spec, wanted pan roof too but wanted to stick to a budget! Your spec sounds bang on, especially with the design pack and red stitching on super sport seats.

Looked at the MSS springs also, but seem expensive, like 500 quid for springs alone then your easily a further 300/400 for fitting and alignment!!!

Well mines should arrive at the dealer within next few days and it’s getting delivered to my house as I bought from Worcester Audi. Yeah I’m just going for limo tints alround, been lucky enough to never been told to take them off front yet. Will get the lights tinted too and I’m planning on getting a full wrap after a while too.

I had emailed miltek back in September and they said it would be ready for mid November. I guess they are running behind schedule....

Yeah I’ve notice the one from irozmotorsport, I quite fancy there IC too but like you say the shipping charges are pretty shocking

So by that you mean that FL and PFL doesn`t have the same exhaust? It sounds a little bit odd that they have different exhaust hw? Is that confirmed and what is the difference between the two?

So by that you mean that FL and PFL doesn`t have the same exhaust? It sounds a little bit odd that they have different exhaust hw? Is that confirmed and what is the difference between the two?

Completely different engine and turbo in the facelift.

Downpipe face bolts directly onto the turbo. This downpipe then routes down to the catback section.

I would think the catback sections would be very similar though but there is obviously a Saloon now to cater for in the facelift cars.

Im in Glasgow so might be interesting if few of us want APR at ecotune. Might be able to get a group discount going if few folk uP for it

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Im in Glasgow so might be interesting if few of us want APR at ecotune. Might be able to get a group discount going if few folk uP for it

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

i would also be interested !

Not quite sure what’s happening with APR, they released details of their Stage 1 a couple of months ago, said it was imminent about a month ago and yet still no release. Doubt we will see anything by the end of the year now with everyone on the rundown to Christmas.

Suspect it will be a £1k+ tune too due to the development time spent on this new engine.