Mr Muscle Turbo Cleaning

Oddie

Reaction score
Hi All

Some of you may have read that i have been experiencing a problem with my 2.0 TDI going into limp mode. Almost everyone seems to think that it is the turbo vanes sticking. If this is the case, can this be cured by using Mr Muscle oven cleaner as some people have done previously ?

I have also read that you can use the innotec turbo cleaner. I am imagining this does the same thing as the Mr Muscle cleaner ?

Has anyone ever tried the Mr Muscle trick on a B7 ?

Cheers

I heard some using Mr Muscle while cleaning the EGR but I bought some Wynns carb cleaner instead and that worked brilliantly.

Easy mate. Done it in a couple of hours (not including the Mr. Muscle bit).
Do a search on Google ad there is some guides o it.

Cheers chaps. Can anybody else shed any light on the turbo cleaning then ?

Just remove the turbo & strip down & clean it out properly as it will happen again, I stripped down a few now & cleaned with a dremel circular wire brush attachment, looks like new, moves like new, but check for any play in the shaft.

Reactions: ruairi83
Just remove the turbo & strip down & clean it out properly as it will happen again, I stripped down a few now & cleaned with a dremel circular wire brush attachment, looks like new, moves like new, but check for any play in the shaft.

If i came down to your workshop would you be able to do this for me ?

As already said, nothing can beat a proper strip down and clean.

Here's a turbo i did recently off an A3.

A3 turbo 2

Anybody fancy doing the Mr muscle on my car? I'm not mechanically minded....:uhm:

Don't bother, its temp at best mate, remove turbo, strip, clean & refit is your best prolonged usage path.

Thanks for reply.what sort of money am I looking at to have that done?

What engine code is it & whereabouts are you located.

Cheers for the working link, that should come in handy.

I don't actually need it as I've done it on a couple of cars for other people, but thought it was worth pointing out for anyone looking for a how to.