Mr JWW’s ABT Upgrade

Rockall

Reaction score
310 PS and -30mm ABT springs but no clutch upgrade.

Reactions: Gralegav and Ian Whiffen
Let us know how it goes with the clutch - I'm having an APR on mine v soon :)

Reactions: Gralegav
How much was it start to finish including labour and everything if you don't mind me asking? Did you need any other upgrades apart from the ABT module and the springs, such as intercooler or air intake?

No idea, sorry, Matt6494. Just saw this video on a YouTube channel I subscribe to and shared it. Looks like a piggyback ECU only.

According to Richter Motorsport website: "consisting of: ABT-ECU (AEC), bracket set, cable harness and mounting kit. In this technology, the ABT Power Software is used in an additional engine control unit, the ABT Engine Control (AEC). Thus, ABT ensures the high standard in performance increase also in new developments and increasing high-tech in vehicles. Your advantage: The serial engine control unit remains untouched and the vehicle is completely diagnosable. And when it comes to the quality of AEC, the high standards of the VW Group apply. Audi S1 (8X0) 2,0 ltr. TFSI from 170 kW (231 HP), 370 Nm to approx. 228 kW (310 HP), 440 Nm."

Ian Whiffen on here has had the ABT kit fitted. Round about the £2,000 mark, I think.

Reactions: Ian Whiffen and Gralegav
No idea, sorry, Matt6494. Just saw this video on a YouTube channel I subscribe to and shared it. Looks like a piggyback ECU only.

According to Richter Motorsport website: "consisting of: ABT-ECU (AEC), bracket set, cable harness and mounting kit. In this technology, the ABT Power Software is used in an additional engine control unit, the ABT Engine Control (AEC). Thus, ABT ensures the high standard in performance increase also in new developments and increasing high-tech in vehicles. Your advantage: The serial engine control unit remains untouched and the vehicle is completely diagnosable. And when it comes to the quality of AEC, the high standards of the VW Group apply. Audi S1 (8X0) 2,0 ltr. TFSI from 170 kW (231 HP), 370 Nm to approx. 228 kW (310 HP), 440 Nm."

Ian Whiffen on here has had the ABT kit fitted. Round about the £2,000 mark, I think.
Yeah mine was £1975 which included the 2 year warranty. I had the performance air filter (pipercross) at the time but the Forge intercooler really made it perform better. I have had 3 diagnostic done and it hasn't flagged up

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gralegav
Mine had the APR stage 1 last week, 336 bhp and 473nm of torque - quite happy with that :)

Reactions: Ian Whiffen
Congrats to your daughter! That ABT map must be very considerate to the clutch. Maybe the car has avoided hard launches to help preserve it..

G