MPG figures on 2.0T Quattro

prel2000

Reaction score
Went up north the other day to Preston from London and was driving sensibly, averaging around 80mph or was it 70 ;-) on the motorway. In 6th gear most of the way but no matter what I did I couldn't get her over 30mpg, is this normal? I would have thought I would get better then that....What do some of you guys get on a stretch in your TFSI Quattro's?

That does sound low - mine does 32-33 at a steady 80 on the Motorway (goes up to 35ish at 70)

Mine is a 56 plate (2007) 2.0T Quattro Avant Special Ed

My dtm remapped with hpfp etc does 36-38 on a run at around 70-75mph

High pressure fuel pump. It's mapped. Decat full exhaust and air filter. I say there with my cruise on :)

Recently did just under 1400 miles up to NW Scotland, round and back home and brim to brim over complete journey averaged 30.8mpg.
Good mixture of Motorway and excellent A roads, travelling at about 80mph on Motorways and 60 to 70 ish on A roads. Never seems to be any different. Engine is BUL 220 BHP and Quattro transmission.

Thanks for all your replies.

Where do I start to investigate a possible issue with it?

Car is remapped by AMD, has the revised DV fitted and is serviced regularly. The PCV was also swapped out a couple of weeks ago.

when i had a boost leak my MPG went down to about 25mpg. Pretty common if you've just been remapped. Check the intercooler hoses and tighten them all up as a start? then an ebay boost leak kit might help (worth buying anyway)

Also removing the cat or fitting a sport Cat seems to make a big difference on our cars. as much as 5mpg.