1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MPG calculator in S3

M16GJC Feb 24, 2012

1. M16GJC

M16GJC Member

The MPG calculator resets every day which is annoying me as I quite like to know my average.

Is there a way of making it not reset every new day?

2. jasonc

jasonc Active Member Audi S3

There are two counters - counter 1 resets automatically, counter 2 doesn't reset unless you reset it manually. Use the button underneath the wiper stalk to switch between the counters. Holding the button down when counter 2 is shown will reset it.

3. M16GJC

M16GJC Member

Oh right so im best leaving it on counter 2. Cheers mate!

4. Helifella

Helifella Co-Driver ~ Hattie Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep VCDS Map User

How do you switch between computers? I've tried alsorts and can't figure

5. M16GJC

M16GJC Member

There's a button underneath the wiper stock. If you keep pressing it you can change from counter 1 to 2

6. crunchie

crunchie Active Member

I managed to suss this out for myself, I must be a rocket scientist! :thumbsup:

7. andywaddy

andywaddy Member

If I remember correctly, computer 1 resets itself after 4 hours if the ignition hasn't been turned on within that period. Bit annoying really as I want computer 2 to track the car stats from new but at the same time I want to know the average I get from a full tank!

8. S.

S. Save the manuals Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro Manual

computer 2 doesn't reset. computer 1 does.

9. Helifella

Helifella Co-Driver ~ Hattie Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep VCDS Map User

No mine doesn't switch between them only toggle between differing display layouts.